August 2016 Moms

Netflix

Unable to sleep due to insomnia. I found a good documentary called Breastmilk on Netflix. Thought I would share. 

Feel free to post any good baby related documentaries, books ect. :smile:

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Maternity tickers

Re: Netflix

• I started one the other night called The Beginning of Life. It seems interesting so far. It's about how babies take in their surroundings and make connections starting from birth. The one downside is that it features people from all over the world speaking different languages, so the film uses subtitles quite a bit. I was trying to watch/listen while I was working on my nursery so it wasn't good for that because I would have to stop and read. But if you have a chance to sit down and focus on a movie I think this one was pretty good. 
  • I watched that too, @Snaps816.  It aligned pretty closely with our parenting philosophy.  Even my husband was pretty interested.

BFP #1: 08/17/2012  DD1 born 05/01/2013

BFP #2: 07/31/2015  M/C 09/23/2015 (11.5 weeks)

BFP #3: 12/16/2015 DD2 born 8/27/2016
  • Loading the player...
  • I watched "the business of being born". Very interesting, and a great watch for anyone inching towards a natural birth decision. 
  • I watched "the business of being born". Very interesting, and a great watch for anyone inching towards a natural birth decision. 
    I watched this and I enjoyed it as well. It's a little biased, but I think it would be good for anyone to watch, even if you do plan on a hospital birth. It's just nice to see things from a different perspective. 
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • I also have a friend who has been telling me I should watch "Call the Midwife". I haven't watched it yet, but she said it's a good series.
  • @MamaKSquared I definitely agree it was biased, but I feel like they didn't try to hide that, and you knew it within the first 5 minutes. I still 100% want a hospital birth, but it gave me confidence in my decision to go natural for as long as I possibly can stand it, with the goal of not needing anything (but also not being stubborn if it's agony). I'm thankfully at a birthing center connected to a hospital that has the lowest epidural and c section rate in the state, and allows for all sorts of methods which is great.
  • @MamaKSquared Call the Midwife is SO good, but I wouldn't recommend watching it while you're pregnant. Wait til baby is here and you're stuck doing nothing while nursing, etc. I'm watching the new season right now, but I'm a STM and I've seen the show before so I know what to expect from it. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • @MamaKSquared Call the Midwife is SO good, but I wouldn't recommend watching it while you're pregnant. Wait til baby is here and you're stuck doing nothing while nursing, etc. I'm watching the new season right now, but I'm a STM and I've seen the show before so I know what to expect from it. 
    Thanks for the heads up! I didn't mention that the friend who recommended it has never been pregnant. lol