March 2017 Moms

Tuesday Ticker Change 6/28

hippiemama-2hippiemama-2 member
edited June 2016 in March 2017 Moms
Hey ladies,
I didn't see one started yet so here goes nothing ...

How far along are you?
How big is baby?
Upcoming appointments this week?
Any new symptom or changes?
Rants/Raves/Questions?
GTKY: what's your go-to snack?

Re: Tuesday Ticker Change 6/28

• How far along are you? 4 weeks today  <3
    How big is baby? According to the alert I received from the bump this morning, a poppy-seed.
    Upcoming appointments this week? Nada until July 26th.
    Any new symptom or changes? Nothing too crazy so far.  I'm not sure if I should be grateful that I'm feeling pretty good or scared.
    Rants/Raves/Questions? Is it way too early to be throwing around potential announcement ideas?  Ahhh I can't help but let my mind wander.  :/
    GTKY: what's your go-to snack? Veggies and ranch dressing currently.  Not insanely healthy, but also relatively guiltless.  I'd be lying if I said Twizzlers weren't making an occasional appearance at this point.
  • How far along are you? 4 weeks!
    How big is baby? an adorable little poppyseed. Well, not really adorable, but in head, very adorable. 
    Upcoming appointments this week? Not baby related, but I go to a new dentist today to see if he can put a crown on me. I had a root canal last week and I need someone to do a crown and we just moved and I can't get into any dentists for months. This guys has openings though. 
    Any new symptom or changes? well, yesterday my stomach felt tied in a knot all day. It was such a weird feeling. When SIL and I were on our run last night it got bad. I was explaining the feeling to her and wondering what it was. I didn't think it was pregnancy related because it is so early, and I never felt anything like this with DD. She said she had that exact same feeling with her son last year. So, I told DH to be happy, we are having a boy. haha!
    Rants/Raves/Questions? @hippiemama, it is never to early to be thinking about announcements. I am going up North to my parent's house for a week on Thursday for the annual 4th of July family get together. It is gonna be really hard to keep things secret, but I am not even close ready to tell. 
    GTKY: what's your go-to snack? I have no appetite the last couple days, so no snacks. But, I guess normally it is just some chips or crackers or something or some fruit. 

Me: 28 year old SAHM/Birth Doula
    DH: 30 year old pneumatic electrical engineer 
    Married: October 8, 2011
    DD1: September 24, 2013
    BFP: June 25, 2016 and MC: July 3, 2016
    DD2: April 16, 2017
    BFP: November 30, 2018 EDD: August 14, 2019
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • 1.  4 weeks, 2 days

2.  Poppyseed

3.  I actually had an appt with my PCP today to discuss my heart palpitations.  Turns out I'm having PVCs (which is what I suspected), they're usually harmless but he drew labs to see if he can figure out why they're happening.  I called my OBs office about it first this morning and they referred me to my PCP but also offered me betas, so I'm having that drawn this afternoon. 

4.  Still just trying not to eat everything in sight, I'm also really bloated which makes me feel terrible.

5.  Nothing really.  Still hopeful this one sticks.

6.  I love snacks.  Usually I like salty stuff like peanuts or chips.  Lately I've been trying to eat healthier stuff like fruits and veggies though.  I've been working on a big bag of cherries at home. 

Married: 7/9/15
    Me: 37, DH: 36
    Started TTC #1: 9/2015
    Preliminary labs/testing @ 6 months: TSH, A1c, progesterone, prolactin, SA, HSG all normal
    BFP: 5/19/2016, M/C: 5/29/2016
    BFP: 6/22/2016  EDD 3//6/2017

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Scarlett830Scarlett830 member
    edited June 2016
    Hope you feel better and the heart palpitations go away soon @PattersRN! Just as a heads up -- since your EDD is 3/5, your ticker change day will actually fall on Sundays. So you'll post when baby is 5 weeks, 6 weeks, etc. rather than X weeks + Y days.

ETA: Also if you haven't made an introduction in our INTRO & EDD thread, definitely feel free to do so. We'd all love to know more about you!
  • @Scarlett830 derp!  Thanks for the heads up! 
    Married: 7/9/15
    Me: 37, DH: 36
    Started TTC #1: 9/2015
    Preliminary labs/testing @ 6 months: TSH, A1c, progesterone, prolactin, SA, HSG all normal
    BFP: 5/19/2016, M/C: 5/29/2016
    BFP: 6/22/2016  EDD 3//6/2017

BabyFruit Ticker
  • How far along are you? 5 weeks
    How big is baby? Black Peppercorn
    Upcoming appointments this week? None this week
    Any new symptom or changes? Not much "new" although my stomach is getting a little upset lately, still not quite nauseous though. 
    Rants/Raves/Questions? I'm struggling to find "acceptable" things to eat at work. I feel like most things are bad for me (fast food) or bad for baby. I normally bring leftovers but I have been too exhausted to cook the last 2 weeks. 
    GTKY: what's your go-to snack? mmm...either peanut butter on toast or fruit in greek yogurt
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • MollyandDMollyandD member
    edited June 2016
    ETA: I just realized I posted this a day late. Oops.

How far along are you?
    My Fertility Friend app says I'll be 4 weeks on Friday. 

How big is baby? As big as a poppy seed

Upcoming appointments this week? I have nothing until the week after next. My husband and I are meeting some midwives.

Any new symptom or changes? It's still early. My symptoms have been fatigue and cramping. I thought I was getting my period, but I took a First Response test anyway. When it, and then another one, were positive, I read that slight cramping is normal due to the uterus preparing to stretch and grow. I had no idea. 

Rants/Raves/Questions? I planned to keep my pregnancy between me and my husband for a while, but yesterday at Barre3, a workout class I started this summer, the instructor asked if anyone was expecting. I felt like she should know about it. Then, I was visiting my mom, and I told her, because I want her to go with us to meet midwives. Part of me doesn't want people from work to know for a while, because while 4 women I work with were pregnant this year, they kept telling me I was next. It annoyed me, because even though this was a planned pregnancy, I felt like it was none of their business. 

GTKY: what's your go-to snack? This changes. I don't have one go-to all the time. For right now, it's tortilla chips covered in either vinegar or pickle juice. It's not a pregnancy craving, since I've done it for a long time. It's just delicious. During the school year, I kept a stash of salt and vinegar almonds (you can buy them at Sprouts) on my desk. My students loved when I let them have some.