October 2016 Moms

Tuesday Ticker Change 06.28.16

How many weeks?

What size is baby?

Upcoming appointments?

Rants/Raves/Questions?

Symptoms/Cravings/Aversions?

GTKY: What would you do if you have no responsibilities right now? (Stolen from Monday because I'm a dirty, dirty thief.) 
Pregnancy Ticker
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Tuesday Ticker Change 06.28.16

• How many weeks?
    24 weeks! Officially viability day! I love getting to this point! 
    What size is baby?
    Eggplant
    Upcoming appointments?
    Had an appointment yesterday so nothing until the 29th of July. I'll probably have to do the glucose test then. 
    Rants/Raves/Questions?
    It just started this week but I started waking up through the night to pee and tossing and turning a million times, due to sore hips. I had been sleeping wonderfully so this is a total bummer. 
    Anything sweet and coffee I'm all over it. I have been lucky that all my aversions went away around 12 weeks. 
    GTKY: What would you do if you have no responsibilities right now? 
    hmmm...
    No responsibility I would probably drink an entire bottle of wine in one sitting with a friend in a hot tub. But considerig im responsible for a baby inside me that's off the table.
    If I had no responsibility and the money to do it I would go on a one month holiday to somewhere in the Caribbean.  
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • How many weeks? 24 this week - weeeeee!

What size is baby? The size of a package of Oreos? That seems drastically larger than last weeks mac & cheese lol

Upcoming appointments? I just had the follow up anatomy scan - went great! I should have had my 24 week appointment late this week or early next, but I have a huge work event on July 11, so I rescheduled for the 12th. I'll do my second glucose test then. I did one at 12 weeks because I had some insulin resistance while doing fertility treatments. IMO, it wasn't that bad! The syrupy drink kind of tasted like Hawaiian punch and I liked it lol

Rants/Raves/Questions? I just threw up at a country club during the site walk through for my work event. I'm sooooo tired of puking. (Sorry for being a broken record about this, it just owns my life!)

Symptoms/Cravings/Aversions? Still hate most foods. Did have a weird craving for Eggo waffles with tons of syrup and they were delicious!

GTKY: What would you do if you have no responsibilities right now? (Stolen from Monday because I'm a dirty, dirty thief.)  Go to St. Martin on vacation! H and I wanted to go back this Spring but the Zika advisory put the kibosh on that. I would love to go back, best vacation ever!
  • How many weeks?
    25 weeks today! Woop!

What size is baby?
    The size of a prairie dog. Okay lol

Upcoming appointments?
    Tomorrow! I see my regular OB and I hope he does an ultrasound. I think after that is the glucose test. Oy

Rants/Raves/Questions?
    I made an appointment to see a chiropractor on Thursday because this sciatic nerve pain has me done, done, done. I was in tears last night. I really hope that it helps. Does anyone have any experience with chiropractors for pain during pregnancy? I didn't have this with my daughter. 

Omg the Passion Tea with Lemonade unsweetened from Starbucks is my life right now. My life lol 

GTKY: What would you do if you have no responsibilities right now? (Stolen from Monday because I'm a dirty, dirty thief.) 
    I would go with DH back to England and stay in Europe with him all summer long just jumping from country to country. 
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • @Michi1382 I go to the chrioptactor regularly in the third trimester. I had really good lucky with acupuncture for sciatica in my first pregnancy and it hasn't come back in 4 years I would highly recommend that too.
  • @Schell2013 Thank you! I'm going to try the acupuncturist as well then because I can't deal anymore. Can you do both a chiropractor and an acupuncturist? Sorry, I've never been to either so I don't know much.  
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • @Michi1382 yes you can do both. In fact a lot of acupuncturist's here are massage therapists too and offer combo treatments! 
  • How many weeks? 25

What size is baby? Cauliflower 

Upcoming appointments? Had my sugar test appointment today. Wasn't so badcat first. But while waiting the hour i got the worst headache and a terrible dizzy spell. 

Rants/Raves/Questions?
    I hate car shopping. Looking for a new car for our family 

All the oreos and all the ice cold milk. But I'm resisting and onky estimg them in moderation. 

Probably take a nice long cruise to the virgin islands, then I'd stay a week or two before cruising back. 
  • How many weeks? 25!!

What size is baby? 13.5 in, 1.5 lbs

Upcoming appointments? july 9 is the glucose test and appointment. 

Rants/Raves/Questions? I would like to rant that I need to eat very small
    meals throughout the day and eating too much will ruin my whole day/next day. But want to RAVE that due to my new medicine, I can start having fruits and veggies again! I missed them!

Symptoms/Cravings/Aversions? salad and apples!!! Love! 

GTKY: What would you do if you have no responsibilities right now? (Stolen from Monday because I'm a dirty, dirty thief.)  Aren't all of our responsibilities self-made anyways? ;) Life is never perfect but I am happy in mine right now. Plus we are going to the beach in 4 short weeks so that helps!
  • AshleyGemini24 I need to buy a car too and I am dreaddddddding it. Right now I have a 2 door hatchback with a million miles on it so it's really not an option to keep putting it off, but every time I think about car shopping I'm like NOPE lol
  • How many weeks?
    23 weeks

What size is baby?
    Grapefruit

Upcoming appointments?
    Tomorrow for my OB
    The next day for an ultrasound 

Rants/Raves/Questions?

Yogurt all the time
    still constantly exhausted

Probably go on vacation and go shopping
  • How many weeks?

What size is baby?
    Butternut squash!

Upcoming appointments?
    Friday, GD test  :#

Rants/Raves/Questions?
    Raving about my snoogle, it's been amazing! I should not have put off buying it for so long!  Ranting about waking up with a Charlie horse again.  I've only had 2 in my whole life, both within the last month.

Super nervous because we're waiting to hear if we got a spot in the daycare we like (there's one family ahead of us).  If we didn't, that sucks, and if we did, we'll have to make a super quick decision and put down a hefty deposit.  This process is awful!

I've been way overdoing it on the sweets lately, and a result I've put on a few pounds since Friday, yikes.  Also, I had a lot of dessert last night and the sugar gave me RLS.  I need to be more conscious of that.  

GTKY: What would you do if you have no responsibilities right now? (Stolen from Monday because I'm a dirty, dirty thief.) I would love to spend the summer at a beach house in Maine!  I was born there and it's just so beautiful and peaceful.
    Me (28) & DH (29)
    Married: May 2015
    BFP 1/24/16 EDD 10/4/16
    It's a boy!

• Sorry I'm late ladies - been crazy busy lately!

How many weeks?  26 weeks (yesterday)

What size is baby?  Kale

@Michi1382 - funny story about prairie dogs...I let my dog off leash one time and he chased some into a hole.  That night, my DH noticed a flea jumping on his arm.  Yep, my dog got fleas from the prairie dogs and gave them to my husband!  Needless to say, he was less than thrilled... :D

Upcoming appointments?  July 20

Rants/Raves/Questions?  I keep buying things to decorate baby's nursery.  This must stop -- Etsy, you are the Devil!!!

Symptoms/Cravings/Aversions?  Still sweets - any kind, any time...

GTKY: What would you do if you have no responsibilities right now? (Stolen from Monday because I'm a dirty, dirty thief.)  @scostel2 - My DH and I went to St. Martin 5 years ago and I would love to go back!  I could have stayed on that beach forever!!

Yeah, I would probably leave my DS with my mom and jet off somewhere with my DH - we haven't been on a vacation just the two of us in 4 years.  Somewhere tropical with bottomless drinks...

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @lilbabybrown ha! I'd be pissed, too!  :D
  • How many weeks?
    23 weeks

What size is baby?
    Grapefruit, bunch of grapes, barbie doll, chinchilla, papaya...
    Average is 8in, 1.2lbs but apparently we're measuring at 1lb11oz. 
    The doctor says we'll have to check again closer to delivery but they might have to cut this baby out of me if it gets too big.

Upcoming appointments?
    We just had a follow-up anatomy scan Monday 6/27, baby is upside-down,  placenta is anterior, and baby is measuring big. Skull and femur are measuring average for development but abdomen is 3 weeks ahead.

Rants/Raves/Questions?
    We got the sex confirmed at this follow-up exam. I wanted to be team green but my husband really wanted to know so we found out, my compromise was that we wouldn't share it with anyone. But now he's pushing to tell people, his argument is that I'm making it a bigger deal by trying to keep it a secret when the whole point is to not make it a big deal and keep things as gender neutral as possible. I don't know if he's right but he might wear me down.

Still have pubic symphysis pain, feels like I've been kicked in the crotch randomly through the day, especially when I get up from sitting on a hard surface. Thinking about buying a maternity belt.

Definitely go to the beach.