September 2016 Moms
Options

PGAL check-in 6/27

Good morning!! 

How many weeks and size of baby? 

How are you feeling physically and mentally? 

R/R/R?

Next appointment or milestone you are looking forward to? 

GTKY: Have any big plans for the 4th of July? 

Re: PGAL check-in 6/27

• Options
    reesaXdenreesaXden member
    edited June 2016

-30 weeks!!! My Ovia app says baby is the size of a cantaloupe.  Last week at my ultrasound baby girl measured 3 weeks ahead and a pound big, weighing in at 3lbs11oz so I'm sure she's about 4lbs now!! Eeek!!! 

-Mentally, I'm doing really good.  Babygirl has been healthy so far and no concerns so that's reassuring.  I've had a few scares so just trying to avoid a premature birth.  
    -Physically, I'm struggling this week.  Last week the dr said I was extremely anemic.  I was already on a supplement so they doubled my dose.  It is killing my stomach.  I have no appetite and it's causing me to vomit again despite the phenergan.  I can tell I'm getting dehydrated and I had several painful contractions last night because of it.  

R/R/R?
    -This heat is no fun at all!!!! 

-Nothing too exciting coming up.  I have a check up on July 12th but other than that I've got nothing.  I guess the next thing is delivery! 

GTKY: Every year on the fourth we go to the ILS for a cookout, we walk to the parade (a few blocks down) and then we walk to our usual firework spot! It's a lot of fun and we look forward to it every year! 
    I will not be walking but it will still be fun! 
  • Options
    How many weeks and size of baby? 27 - lettuce

How are you feeling physically and mentally? I feel pretty good this week.  My feet/heals are killing me!  They don't seem to be overly swollen, they just hurt.  Mentally, I'm pretty good. Baby had a couple of lazy days last week that scared me, but he/she's kicking away now so as long as that keeps up I think I'll be ok.

R/R/R? I recently bought a cute maternity bathing suit from Kohl's and it came in the mail yesterday, just in time for our trip next week (see GTKY).  However, instead of being the suit I ordered, I got a 3T girls bathing suit.  Ugh!  I was able to get back to the store last night and return it and was told they should ship it out to me so I'd have it before our weekend, but what a PITA.  It's hot and I just want my bathing suit!

Next appointment or milestone you are looking forward to?  Next week is my glucose testing.  I'm not looking forward to it, but part of me is wondering if I have GD.  I never had it with my prior pregnancies, but I've done a little research and the constant headaches and fatigue I have make me wonder... It would just be nice to have an answer one way or the other.

GTKY: Have any big plans for the 4th of July? We're taking the kids up north for a fun getaway to a local amusement park with a waterpark for the first part of the week.  Then when we come back it's all baby, all the time! I'll start picking paint and ordering furniture for the boys' room and will start to put the nursery together.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

30 + 2 - cucumbers!

Physically, I'm sick (nothing baby related, just plain old sick) and my feet are killing me because of the swelling.

Mentally, I'm about the same as last week.  Stressed out to where I'm losing my mind, but nothing baby-related.  When I'm out of the house I'm fine and happy, but being at home (around all the stressors), I'm losing my mind.

R/R/R?

My rib cage is not a playground, in spite of what Baby B seems to think. :confounded:

Growth scan on July 6th (our second).  My OB says I'll have another 2-3 after this.

GTKY: Have any big plans for the 4th of July? 

I'm not a 4th of July fan (loud noises like fireworks send my anxiety sky high and I'm just not patriotic).  Normally, we go to a family reunion picnic around the 4th, but we're not going this year because it's a long drive, it's going to be hot and it's held on one of DH's relatives wooded properties, so there's always lots of mosquitos.

We'll probably end up working on the nursery (assuming the painters are done in there, which they should be) and maybe going swimming instead.

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    Our infertility journey (TW)
    ● IUI #1: BFN 
    ● IUI #2: BFP - early M/C :'(  
    ● IUI #3: BFN 
    ● IUI #4: BFN 
    ● IVF/FET #1 (2 transferred): BFP! TWINS!
    ● FET #2 (1 transferred): BFP!  BOY #3!
    ● Natural #1: BFP - M/C @ 8 weeks :'(
    ● Natural #2:  BFP - M/C @ 5w5d :'(

• Options
    How many weeks and size of baby? 29w3d, Barbie car still, right?

How are you feeling physically and mentally? Physically, I'm always sleepy, living from nap to nap. Dealing with GD, which hasn't been so bad. Lots of pelvic pain. 

Mentally, I'm obsessing with everything. Seeing all the gifts from our shower has me so anxious... DH sees them and gets excited, I see them and think "what if something bad happens?". It's not healthy but it's the way I think, my therapist is helping me break this cycle so that helps.

R/R/R?  I'm obsessing over baby's kicks. When she has a slow day, I keep wondering if something is wrong. I don't kick count unless I get to panic (has only happened once or twice) because I don't want to get more obsessive. So I'm trying to keep busy and not worry so much.... ugh...

Next appointment or milestone you are looking forward to? I want to get to 30 weeks already! We have a 3D ultrasound coming up so I'm also excited about that.

GTKY: Have any big plans for the 4th of July? Not really. I love to see the fireworks but we haven't planned anything yet. We'll probably just take it easy and relax.
    * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Options
    How many weeks and size of baby? 28w 2d, yay 3rd Tri! Size of an eggplant.

How are you feeling physically and mentally? Getting into that uncomfortable stage now, baby is running out of room and I'm having trouble sleeping :( 

R/R/R? I just found out that DH's twin brother and his wife will be having a baby around February, so within a 6 month period I will have my baby, 2 nieces/nephews, and a new baby cousin. Bring on the baby cuddles!

Next appointment or milestone you are looking forward to? Not that I'm really looking forward to it, but I have my glucose testing appointment on Friday.

GTKY: Have any big plans for the 4th of July? We are just planning on going tubing down the river on the 3rd (possibly kayaking for me, depending on how comfortable I feel in a tube), and possibly having a cookout one day.
    **TW**
    BFP #1 5/5/13  MC confirmed 5/9/13
    BFP #2  9/24/13  Ectopic pregnancy + partial right tube removal 10/18/13
    BFP #3 8/13/14 DS born 4/24/15
    BFP #4 1/13/16 DD born 9/17/16 
    BFP #5 5/16/18 EDD 1/29/19

Lilypie - Bze6

• Options
    How many weeks and size of baby? 30 weeks as of today - Zucchini

How are you feeling physically and mentally? Mentally, I'm ok. Physically...yuck. I feel like everything is exacerbated by the heat. I don't want to eat, I'm extra tired, headaches have come back...I feel like a wimp.

R/R/R? I found out that baby goes crazy after I eat cheese/peanut butter crackers. It was crazy how active he/she got. I'll have to remember that if I'm ever having a slow movement day.

Next appt or milestone you are looking forward to? My 32 week appt on July 12th.

GTKY: Have any big plans for the 4th of July? We are doing a weekend away at my aunt's lake house on Lake Michigan. Before we leave, we are going to be going to a local parade/fireworks show. I think 4th of July is my second favorite holiday. I love being at the beach, the fireworks, seeing friends/family over the long weekend.
    bfp: 09.22.10   m/c 11.05.10 @ 10w5d
    bfp: 10.02.12  m/c 11.05.12 @ 9w3d
    bfp: 05.15.15  m/c 06.25.15 @ 9w6d
    bfp: 09.22.15  m/c 10.20.15 @ 8w1d

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

• Options
    chavezrd2chavezrd2 member
    edited June 2016

How many weeks and size of baby? 29w 4d

I am uncomfortable, I get out of breath very easily and my legs get weak. Its like my belly is right under my boobs and sitting or standing I cant get any relief. My hips are popping/clicking and get really sore quick or leg cramps. Braxton hicks suck and now aren't so painful but very noticeable. Lastly, my belly is sticking to my legs and its the grossest feeling in the world. like sweaty skin against each other but instead of thighs rubbing its my belly on my legs.... w...t...*...

R/R/R?

I could do without strangers staring at belly then me saying "any day now, right?" NO M* not any day and thanks for the you're huge comment and implication

Next appointment or milestone you are looking forward to?  My next apt is Friday @ 30wk and then every other Friday going forward.  Looking forward to week 32 since that's the "safe zone" and the chances of NICU are minimal.

GTKY: Have any big plans for the 4th of July?  Hoping for a low key weekend. Taking Thursday off and I'm off Friday anyways so hoping to knock out some errands and get a lot of clothes sorting done for kiddo with gma. Since the holiday falls on a Monday I doubt I'll be on the road looking for fireworks :(

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    How many weeks and size of baby? 29, and just under 3 pounds at yesterday's ultrasound! It was so cool to get to see the 3D scans, even though his face is starting to get a little squished. Ha. 

How are you feeling physically and mentally? Work stress is still getting to me, but I am starting to see the light at the end of the tunnel. I am also having trouble breathing. For me, reaching my arms over my head or laying back over one of those big exercise balls seems to help open up my ribs quite a bit, I don't know if that would help anyone else having trouble breathing ( @chavezrd2 ). Sleeping is becoming more difficult due to hip pain and heartburn, too, but the physical still isn't bothering me too bad. 

R/R/R? Thursday is my birthday and I usually make a HUGE DEAL out of it. This year I couldn't care less. I just want time to pass faster and work to be done so I can just worry about the baby. I wish I could go out early!

Next appointment or milestone you are looking forward to? My last u/s/ growth scan was yesterday. I have an OB appt tomorrow and also a cardiologist appointment to address my issues with dizziness and fainting. I think the real culprit (other than anemia and low blood pressure) might be the heat. I am in Atlanta and it is HOT. 

GTKY: Have any big plans for the 4th of July? Nah, we do dog rescue and have one in particular who gets super freaked out when he hears fireworks. So I will likely be holding a crying shaky pit bull every night this weekend and Monday. Poor little guy. Maybe I will make my husband cook me dinner or something since it is also my bday!
  • Options
    How many weeks and size of baby? 27 -- lettuce

How are you feeling physically and mentally? Good! I've been thinking back on my emotional state this pregnancy and how the PGAL anxiety has transitioned from all consuming to medium-low (with lots of swings!). Today I'm mostly worried about how to juggle an infant and a preschooler. :)

R/R/R?I feel so large! I remember this stage coming later. The inadvertent bumping into things with my belly and discomfort/balance issues are already starting. 

Next appointment or milestone you are looking forward to? Appointment in 2 weeks.

GTKY: Have any big plans for the 4th of July? We're going to my parents house on a lake in Louisiana. All of my siblings, their partners, and DD's 8 cousins will be there, too. Fun in the sun!
  • Options
    @abberson - your "inadvertent bumping into things with my belly" comment reminded me about a story from this weekend.  DH and I took the boys to see Finding Dory with my parents.  DH bought a large popcorn for us all to split.  He had just handed it to me and while I was trying to figure out how to get the tray 'thingy' to hook to the armrest I shifted in my seat and my belly knocked over the full large popcorn - all over the floor.  It was pretty embarrassing, and I had no one to blame it on but myself and my bump.  Luckily, they guys who came to clean it up were pretty understanding and didn't give me a hard time (unlike DH and parents - they got a good laugh out of it).
  • Options
    @Tippy05 but did the concession stand replace your popcorn? I really hope they did. 
  • Options
    jas1982 said:
    @Tippy05 but did the concession stand replace your popcorn? I really hope they did. 
    100% they did!