Breastfeeding
Options

Cluster feeding or something else?

Usually my baby sleeps really well. I often have to wake him up to nurse him. He's nine days old and today he won't sleep. He's fussy and he hasn't slept longer than a minute at a time.  I'm starting to freak out. It's now 12:30 AM. The only thing that seems to calm him down is nursing.  He's  so tired!  Please help! 
BabyFetus Ticker

Re: Cluster feeding or something else?

• Options
    Sounds like a growth spurt. There's a 10 day growth spurt from memory. Put baby to the breast as often as he needs, and hang in there. This will pass, even if it feels like it might kill you right now.
    Elizabeth 5yrs old Jane 3yrs old

• Options
    Sounds like a growth spurt. There's a 10 day growth spurt from memory. Put baby to the breast as often as he needs, and hang in there. This will pass, even if it feels like it might kill you right now.
    This.  Hang in there, mama!  It gets easier, I promise.  
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Yep. My guy is almost 5 months now and I still remember day 10. The good news is there are usually a couple of very sleepy days following a big cluster feed. You got this, mama!
    Feb '16 October Siggy Challenge: Favorite Candy

• Options
    Oh I remember day 10 also. My little guy had quite a few fussy days when he was that small, nothing helped except nursing. They are growing and this is their way of getting comfort and ensuring you have good supply with all the extra stimulation