September 2015 Moms

Modified Ferber succes!

Holy Crap. No joke. For the first time in my LO almost ten month life, the past two nights I have done this, LO has slept all without waking even once?!?!?!? Unbelievable! I'm in shock!! 

The first night was awful. I cried while watching the video monitor. It didn't take as long as I thought and I went in silently and laid him down and put my hand on his chest. He fell asleep almost instantly. And stayed asleep ALL NIGHT!!!! I didn't sleep at all because I kept checking on him. 

Tonight almost no crying and he instantly went to bed. He's safe. He's been fed and has a fresh diaper. He's just overtired(as some ladies helped me figure out). We use to bedshare but I wasn't sleeping and he was waking constantly. We needed a new plan fast. I will say I miss the snuggles. 

Re: Modified Ferber succes!

• Im happy for you! See! We told you things gets better. Once you figure out the source of the problem everything falls into place! So happy! Now get that rest you need. 

Another little piece of advice, if LO cries after already being asleep for a while,count for 30-60 seconds before going in. Sometimes they cry/fuss when they are trying to get comfy. So try not to run in right away. Thats been my saver!
  • So happy to see this.  I know sleep has been rough for you, it must feel great to get some decent rest after 10 months!
  • Loading the player...
  • That's great! I'm still working on it over here, but we're getting much better at going to bed awake so I'm hoping the rest will follow soon. 
  • How did you start the first night? Did you let him cry or do shush-pat etc? My son used to sleep 12 hours and for the past month has been waking up 2-4 times per night and sometimes for a two hour stretch. I gave him time because I thought maybe a leap or teeth but it's been way too long now.
  • Yay!! So exciting! We started a modified version as well.  My little guy fights sleep SO BAD and is the worst napper. We are tackling bedtime right now in attempt to stop nursing/rocking. He would STTN before and is now waking once in the night. Anyone have any idea why or if this is normal?! 
  • Good for you! So happy to see this update!
  • How did you start the first night? Did you let him cry or do shush-pat etc? My son used to sleep 12 hours and for the past month has been waking up 2-4 times per night and sometimes for a two hour stretch. I gave him time because I thought maybe a leap or teeth but it's been way too long now.
    The first night I dreading it so I was lingering, holding him while next to the crib saying how much I love him and such. I laid him down and walked out. Yikes was the screaming awful. I almost caved. I waited 5 minutes. Then walked in silently and put him on his back and then did the shush-pat. Our biggest issue is he is climbing all over his crib and standing and he will be so sleepy and mad that he falls and I have to run in to check on him because he hit his head on the way down. Ugh. So rough. Good luck!