October 2016 Moms

Double strollers

Happy Sunday to all!  I hope you have enjoyed your weekend so far.  This is a question for all you mommies with two kiddos close in age that use double strollers.  With the arrival of our little one coming up we will have two under two :blush:!  The husband and I are trying to figure out if a double stroller is worth it to buy with the two kiddos being 22 months apart.  One friend suggests the sit and stand strollers, another with twins say side-by-side, and one friend doesn't even have a double stroller since her older child doesn't like strollers.  Does anyone have any experience with double strollers... If so do you like? Hate? Wish you would have never bought one?  Thanks for sharing your experiences!

Re: Double strollers

• I have older twins and honestly both kinds of stroller have issues with side by side it gave my twins the opportunity to pester and fight with them in front of each other it was harder to manipulate in winter months for us. Our twins were 29 months when out daughter came and by then they were capable of walking anyplace we needed to go. But you can buy a board that attaches to the back of the stroller for older kids to stand on. We plan on getting the board for our 3 year old she had hearing issues so she can't hear vehicles approaching her. 
  • I had my two 13 months apart and now having another one coming but my boys will be 4 &3 right before. Double strollers in my world are a most. My oldest has a no sibling left behind attitude so he would be comfortable without a side by side plus my younger son is still a hair pulling and aggregator im sure he would kick his brother in the back of something. Side by sides main draw back is the size trying to navigate through doors. In fact we plan on getting a triple or quadruple stroller stroller to fit all three kids in since my oldest is protector and Will keep tripping on the stroller with his brother and when she is born his baby sister. He's too social for his own good and has a strong since of family already so letting him still get in a stroller makes him feel special and connected to his siblings.

Also for more advice type in double stroller in the search bar for this group and there are two older threads that should get you more advice
  • Loading the player...
  • Sometimes the older threads are hard to find.  Here's a good one about double strollers:  https://forums.thebump.com/discussion/12677991/moms-of-2-can-we-talk-double-strollers

We're 80% sure we're going with the Baby Jogger City Select with doubles kit, and we'll get the glider board for our son, who'll be 2.5 when the new one is born, but who tends to want to go in the stroller on longer walks.

• Sometimes the older threads are hard to find.  Here's a good one about double strollers:  https://forums.thebump.com/discussion/12677991/moms-of-2-can-we-talk-double-strollers

We're 80% sure we're going with the Baby Jogger City Select with doubles kit, and we'll get the glider board for our son, who'll be 2.5 when the new one is born, but who tends to want to go in the stroller on longer walks.

You won't be sorry! 
    I got the city select! It was I think the most expensive piece of child related equipment I've ever bought. I'm normally not one to spend such a huge amount of money on something like that, but I have to say it was the best money spent. We've used it so much. My girls are 3.5 and 2 and both still like riding in it. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Happy Sunday to all!  I hope you have enjoyed your weekend so far.  This is a question for all you mommies with two kiddos close in age that use double strollers.  With the arrival of our little one coming up we will have two under two :blush:!  The husband and I are trying to figure out if a double stroller is worth it to buy with the two kiddos being 22 months apart.  One friend suggests the sit and stand strollers, another with twins say side-by-side, and one friend doesn't even have a double stroller since her older child doesn't like strollers.  Does anyone have any experience with double strollers... If so do you like? Hate? Wish you would have never bought one?  Thanks for sharing your experiences!

My kiddos will also be 22 months apart and I've been seriously confused as to what to do about a stroller. Our current stroller is a Bugaboo, and I was thinking of selling it to fund a double. Hubby seems to think we don't need a double since I am an avid babywearer and he wants me to keep the single, but I keep trying to explain to him I would rather have the option than not. I'm leaning towards either a City Select or an Uppababy Vista. I want the double to have the option of being a single, too. But who knows, I may just end up with a City Mini Double.
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Married to DH for 6 years (together for 16)
    DS born 12.13.14
    DD born 10.15.16
    BFP 1.24.18, MC 3.13.18
    <3 BFP 4.25.19, EDD 12.31.19  <3