August 2016 Moms
Options

Weekend Ticker change

How many weeks?

Size of baby (fruit/veggie/etc)?

What is next? (Appointments, milestones)?

Rants/Raves/Symptoms?

Questions?

GTKY: What's your favorite baby gift so far?
Expecting baby #1 August 2016 
Already have three furbabies- Blake, Sydney, and Chester 

Re: Weekend Ticker change

• Options
    How many weeks? 31 - I haven't done an update in a while!

Size of baby (fruit/veggie/etc)? Asparagus... I really don't get how they come up with these sizes because last week he was a zucchini which is bigger. 

What is next? (Appointments, milestones)? Growth scan in two weeks, other than that, we're pretty much focused on the finish line now!

Rants/Raves/Symptoms? Heart palpitations, waking up at night choking on acid reflux. It's been a tough week. 

Questions? Can we all agree that if we ever have "The Purge" (like the movie), the insurance companies should be the first to go? 

GTKY: What's your favorite baby gift so far? I love my crib bedding. And I really love the clothes! I know we all want the practical, useful stuff for gifts but I've received some cute clothes. They are so tiny and cute!
  • Options
    How many weeks? 33 - I actually found out last night that I've had my due date off by 2 days (whoops!), so technically my weekly change is Thursday not Saturday, but I've been here for too long to switch groups. Hope that's ok!

Size of baby (fruit/veggie/etc)? Celery

What is next? (Appointments, milestones)? Still at the hospital (posted story in Randoms) until tonight, and then will go see my OB and MFM on Monday to follow up. 

Rants/Raves/Symptoms? Besides being stuck in a hospital bed on a beautiful Saturday?? I'm upset that we can't go on vacation, but so grateful to keep this baby in for a little longer. 

Questions? In the past 24 hrs I feel that let down feeling, like when your milk comes in, every couple of hours. Anyone else feeling this way? I guess more for 2nd time moms who know what feeling I'm talking about...

GTKY: What's your favorite baby gift so far? We haven't really gotten any baby gifts yet (2nd baby). I bought an adorable little romper from Janie and Jack that I'm excited about, and also these new super soft swaddle blankets. 

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    How many weeks? 31 

Size of baby (fruit/veggie/etc)? Romaine lettuce 

What is next? (Appointments, milestones)? I have an appt. next Saturday. I mailed all of our baby shower gifts to our house so they should arrive in the next two weeks. Then I can finally start putting a nursery together. Also need to start look for baby furniture soon? 

Rants/Raves/Symptoms? I'm sitting in the Heathrow Airport and I'm so uncomfortable and tired. My first flight was delayed 5 hours and now I have about 2 hours left till my last flight. Ready to be home! 

Questions?

GTKY: What's your favorite baby gift so far? I love our bedding as well. I also picked out the cutest stroller/car seat combo that had black and white stripes. My favorite little outfit says: "I'm cute, Mom's cute, Dad's lucky". So adorable! 
  • Options
    How many weeks?

34 weeks

Butternut Squash 

OB appt. the 28th looking forward to hearing baby girls HB. Then I have a growth scan on July 7th. I'm really looking forward to that just to see her.

Rants/Raves/Symptoms?

Omg I miss sleep! I can't find a comfortable position. I wake up a bunch to pee. Sometimes I feel my skin is so swollen that it feels itchy. The kicks are still the best...don't think I could get tired of that.

Questions?

Some cute blankets my DH & I got. They are so soft and just so pretty. Pink with Owls and One with hearts all over. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Options
    How many weeks? 32

Size of baby (fruit/veggie/etc)? Squash 

What is next? (Appointments, milestones)?  I'm on weekly appts already due to my cervix shortening

Rants/Raves/Symptoms?  My varicose veins in my legs may still look hideous but they no longer hurt so I can forgo the full compression stockings which is awesome since it's so hot out lately!!

Questions?

GTKY: What's your favorite baby gift so far?  This is our second baby and we're Jewish so we aren't getting any gifts until after the baby is here (Jews don't usually have showers or sprinkles or anything)
  • Options
    How many weeks? 34 weeks

Size of baby (fruit/veggie/etc)? Butternut Squash 

What is next? (Appointments, milestones)? Due to my gestational diabetes, I have twice weekly appointments from now on. It's actually really helping the time fly by and giving some insight into how soon we'll get to meet our baby boy. And we finally saw his face!!!!

Rants/Raves/Symptoms? This heat is killing me, and some of baby boys movements are starting to get really uncomfortable since he's so long. But so many positive vibes and hopefully he keeps cooking a little bit longer! 

Questions?

GTKY: What's your favorite baby gift? As a ftm, I'm not sure what will be my favorite gift once he's here, but I'm really happy to be getting a swing since my sister used hers for her twins a lot in the beginning. 
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    @Bookhousegirl stay as long as you can! 

How many weeks?

Celery

Appointment on Thursday due to my ridiculous amount of headaches.

Rants/Raves/Symptoms?
    I'm so tired! If I wake up in the 5 o'clock hour, I can't go back to sleep. This morning, I decided to grocery shop at 6:30. It was depressing! 

Questions?

We haven't gotten to many so probably the crib mattress. That will come in handy.
  • Options
    How many weeks?

Baby-shaped celery

Appointment Tuesday, hopefully an uneventful one.

Rants/Raves/Symptoms?

Questions?

A handmade blanket that a lady from my church made me. It was so thoughtful and unexpected.
  • Options
    How many weeks? 32

Size of baby (fruit/veggie/etc)? Squash

What is next? (Appointments, milestones)? Well I found out last Wednesday I'm having contractions that I'm not feeling and my cervix has shortened a lot. Started on progesterone, thought I was doing better only to wake up today to a lot of pressure and a very uncomfortable feeling in my cervix. Dr told me to go to the hospital to get checked and bought myself an overnight stay. I was having contractions again, now I'm 2cm dilated and 60% effaced. Got a nice steroid shot in butt!

Rants/Raves/Symptoms? Just this super uncomfortable feeling with my cervix. Other than that I've been feeling good.

Questions?

GTKY: What's your favorite baby gift so far? I think just all the nursery furniture, just because it made it that much more real she's coming!
    Expecting baby #1 August 2016 
    Already have three furbabies- Blake, Sydney, and Chester 

• Options
    How many weeks? 33 weeks

Size of baby (fruit/veggie/etc)? celery, size 10 mens boat shoe

What is next? (Appointments, milestones)? nothing, was supposed to have an appointment next week, but my doctor is on vacation and I opted to wait to see him the week of the 11th when he is back.

Rants/Raves/Symptoms? joining the team no-sleep. I was doing pretty well for awhile, but I keep waking up in the middle of the night and can't go back to sleep.

Questions? none

GTKY: What's your favorite baby gift so far? A cradle to go next to our bed.
  • Options
    @kcolly32 your weekend sounds like mine! I hope the progesterone slows things down and your LO keeps cooking for a little longer!

• Options
    (little late...mine was Saturday)

How many weeks? 32w

Size of baby (fruit/veggie/etc)? Naked-Tailed Armadillo (love the Ovia app!!) haha

What is next? (Appointments, milestones)? I have an appointment next Monday. Due to Uterine Irritability, I have to have weekly checkups already, and doctor has to check my cervix every week. So far I'm still closed and good.

Rants/Raves/Symptoms? On modified bedrest due to Uterine Irritability contractions. But I am on meds to slow them down, so as far as contractions go, I am feeling better (except for in the middle of the night I'll wake up with some).

Questions? Anyone else have excess amniotic fluid but baby looking perfect? I am at the "higher end of okay" for amniotic fluid, which means I feel soo full and I have a lot of shortness of breath. I know extra fluid can be a bad sign for baby but my doctor said baby looks good. I just hope nothing has been missed.

GTKY: What's your favorite baby gift so far? Gotta say...my stroller and infant car seat. I love the color (I know that's not a big deal, but it was our wedding color!). It's also the most expensive things, and we are so fortunate to have family come together to buy them.
    Me: 32 | DH: 33
    Met: 2005 | Started Dating: 2009 | Married: 2013

TTC#1: 06.2014;   BFP: 12.2015; DS Born: August 16, 2016
    TTC#2: 12.2017; BFP: 02.26.2018; CP 03.02.2018
                                BFP: 04.26.2018 DD Born: December 26, 2018
    Surprise Pregnancy #3; BFP: 01.11.2020; Due Date: September 19, 2021