April 2016 Moms
Options

Freemies

If you haven't tried these, they have been a godsend for pumping hands free and while I'm at work. I'm honestly sad that I didn't get these sooner to help bump up my milk supply. Every time I had been pumping prior, I was getting less than 1 ounce on each side, and usually was spilling on myself or dreaded pumping because I didn't want to have to sit and hold the stupid parts the whole time. They are super discreet, more comfortable and I have been getting close to 2 ounces per session on each side now. It's got a flat bottom so you can put them down without working about spilling. You don't look like Madonna because it's shaped like a boob, and it's super easy to clean! I just bought an adapter for the car, since I think it would be a great time to multi task. I don't have a supply built up yet, but I'm mainly just trying to use it to supplement LO, and get my supply going. 

If you know of any other products that make pumping easier, please let me know! So far though, this is my favorite baby item I've bought so far. 

Re: Freemies

• Options
    Do you use their pump? I have a medela but was seriously considering getting them with the adapter. I'm a teacher and pumping at work is tricky. I was worried that the suction  wouldn't be as good, but your review has sold me. Thanks!
  • Options
    ejledejled member
    Thanks so much for the feedback! Since I read your post the other day I have been considering them myself. I think I will make the purchase! 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I am not a fan but I am also a super producer.  In the am I can easily do 6 ounces on one side.  I know they are supposed to hold 8 oz but I had a lot of spills and it got tricky.  I prefer my Medela bustier and standard cones to the freemies.
  • Options
    @K&Elizabeth I don't use their pump, I have the Medela and its compatible. I got this one, https://www.amazon.com/Freemie-Collection-Compatible-Medela-Storage/dp/B00XM7XRNA/ref=sr_1_7_a_it?ie=UTF8&qid=1467025543&sr=8-7&keywords=freemies since it also came with the collection bottles for like 10 bucks more...just seemed like a better deal. :-) 

• Options
    @Ready4theParty Oh man, if I only had boobs like yours! I desperately am trying to amp up production, but maybe I just need to give it a little more time. I just started pumping more frequently last week. I'm not even storing it yet, just feeding him the milk in between.
  • Options
    @Mumsthewerd they are a blessing and a curse.  I have been pumping since she was four weeks.  At night I would feed on one side and pump the other in the am or if engorged sooner.  Usually it is sooner around 4 am which sucks but doable.  Dd is only up once or twice a night now.  When I go back to work in will switch back to feeding between the two.  Dd typically eats every 2.5 hrs right now so when she is done on one side I pump the other.  I am glad to be a super producer but the engorged entry really sucks.
  • Options
    I love the freemies! I wish they were around when I was pumping with DS. I have the spectra pump & use them with that. 
  • Options
    @MrsCayEye I may have pumped a bit too much though continuously the other day while driving and didn't put lanolin or anything on first...needless to say I have a pretty sore nipple lol. But I still got way more milk!