TTC After a Loss
Options

Cycles after D&C

Hello! I'm new to this board so hopefully there are people that are in the same boat I'm in. I had a d&c due to a missed miscarriage on 4/1 (found out at 10wk ultrasound that our baby had died at 6.5wk). Started my first AF 5/3 that lasted for a little under two weeks. I'm currently on CD 51 and have yet to recieve another AF and I just took a hpt today and it was a bfn. It's all just confusing because I don't understand what's going on with my body and every day being unsure of what is going on just makes me relive the mc all over again. Of course my doctor says its "normal", but it doesn't feel normal to me. Anyone else have an experience with this? My first cycle was normal, but I've never had this long of a cycle before. Sorry for the rant, it's hard that others don't always get what I'm feeling. 

Re: Cycles after D&C

• Options
    I just want to say I'm sitting here waiting for AF after D&C on CD 40 and I'm also going crazy. Are you temping at all? I know it's kind of of pointless to temp th cycle after a D&C because nothing will be normal, but I have spot temped. Temped a few days last week and a few days this week and because my temp dropped it seems like AF should be here shortly, but still nothing.

FX AF tears her ugly head sooner than later!!
  • Options
    I never tried temping. I guess I figured I would do it wrong. I didn't use OPKs the first time I got pregnant, but I think I'm going to start using them my next cycle and see if that can give me a clue about anything? Also when I talked to my doctor they mentioned about putting me on Provera next week if AF didn't show. Thanks for the reply! 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I am sorry for your loss.  It took about 10 weeks for me to get AF post-d&c, and then my second AF was incredibly heavy.  I think it is really normal for things to be out of whack for a few cycles, at least.  Even though you said your first cycle was normal, is bleeding for 2 weeks a normal AF for you?  I know that not being back to normal physically really makes it hard to handle things, emotionally.  I would definitely encourage you to reach out to your doctor to get more ideas, if you want.  Hugs.
    About me:
    /loss mentioned/
    TTC#1 July 2014
    dx: MFI (morphology)
    IUI #1 w/Clomid + Ovidrel Sept. 2015 ~ BFN
    IUI #2 w/Clomid + Ovidrel Halloween 2015 ~ BFN
    IUI #3 w/Clomid + Ovidrel Thanksgiving 2015 ~ BFP!!
    hb 146 bpm at 7w5d
    1/28/16 ~ began to say goodbye to our beautiful baby at 11w 
    d&c, followed by cytotec
    TTCAL April 2016
    IUI #4 w/Clomid + Ovidrel Apr. 2016 ~ BFN
    IUI #5 w/Clomid + Ovidrel ~ CP
    IUI#6 w/Clomid + Ovidrel ~ BFN
  • Options
    carterh33carterh33 member
    edited June 2016
    Thank you for the support! It does feel emotionally harder since my body is having a harder time getting back on track. I thought I would be over recovering physically from the d&c by now. It just makes me worry that something else might be wrong that I'm not aware of. Bleeding for two weeks during an AF is not normal for me. During an AF I normally only bleed 6-7 days. Since we are TTC now, I was hopeful that I would be pregnant this cycle since it is so late, but I don't think so.  :(
    When I talk to my doctor early next week, hopefully he has some advice. 
  • Options
    Hi I'm so sorry for loss. I encourage you to try temping and promise that it is easy and it will give you a visual picture of what exactly your cycle is doing ((hugs)). 
  • Options
    That is frustrating.  I waited 60 days after my D&C to get my period, and things were still a little abnormal for a few cycles after that. 
  • Options
    Sorry for your loss! Had a similar thing happen to me. MC at 7.5 weeks- first period didn't come until 6 weeks later. Started TTC that cycle, late and BFNs until CD 39. It was really frustrating, but AF arrived (with a vengeance, I might add) later that day.  I did some research and found that it's normal to have a few long cycles after a MC (my cycles are usually 28-30 days). I'm sorry and I hope things go back to normal soon for you!
  • Options
    Hey I just had a d&e in end of March and I've noticed that my cycles have been very different. Granted it's only been two cycles, but first one was longer than usual and next one af was five days late. I never got a truly positive opk either. Af has been very heavy and much longer than usual as well.
    Me:35, DH 37  ~ Married July 2014
    ttc July 2015 ~ bfp Nov 2015 (cp)
    bfp Dec 2015 ~ (tfmr 17wk, March 2016, genetic disease)
    ttcal May 2016
  • Options
    I had a D&C January 3rd, took until my 5th cycle post to have no spotting and a normal cycle. The spotting got less each time, but my first normal cycle was last month. Frustrating as hell, but I'm not the norm. Most people just have wonky cycles. 
  • Options
    How soon did you all ovulate after the d&c?
  • Options
    @carterh33 for me it was about 2 months post-d&c, and I still had hcg in my system at the time.
    About me:
    /loss mentioned/
    TTC#1 July 2014
    dx: MFI (morphology)
    IUI #1 w/Clomid + Ovidrel Sept. 2015 ~ BFN
    IUI #2 w/Clomid + Ovidrel Halloween 2015 ~ BFN
    IUI #3 w/Clomid + Ovidrel Thanksgiving 2015 ~ BFP!!
    hb 146 bpm at 7w5d
    1/28/16 ~ began to say goodbye to our beautiful baby at 11w 
    d&c, followed by cytotec
    TTCAL April 2016
    IUI #4 w/Clomid + Ovidrel Apr. 2016 ~ BFN
    IUI #5 w/Clomid + Ovidrel ~ CP
    IUI#6 w/Clomid + Ovidrel ~ BFN