New to The Bump

Please help... so confused.

Hi guys Im looking for some advice.
Me and my partner want children but not 'trying too hard' as with a previous marriage I tries for 13 years with no success (turned out HE had the problem) however in my relationship now we do want children but I'm hesitant to get 'too obsessed over it' if that makes sense.

I have very irregular periods, NEVER once a month... sometimes every 38 days and sometimes a few months. I have had blood tests which have always come back completely fine and the Dr doesn't know why I'm so irregular but I have an extreme hospital phobia so I'm reluctant to go any further with investigations but the Dr didn't seem overly worried anyway. I am now 7 - 8 weeks late... we did the 'deed' quite a bit and although I do them cheap ebay ovulation tests they never actually work or tell me when I'm ovulating so it's pot luck. I was late for my period but as it's normal I didn't think anything to it... as the weeks gone on I did a test (cheap ebay ones) and as usual came back negative. I then did a pee on a stick one.. still quite cheap ones though and I looked at it for 3 mins and was negative and I got bored so binned it, next day something made me go back to it... and I had 2 line... I've Google evaporation lines and it doesn't look like one it had colour. I've done 4 tests since and all are negative. My boobs have gone huge... really swollen and 'full' I have been very moody and angry lol and I've been having cramps all on my lower stomach almost like period pains but only lasting 30 secones to 1 min. . Can be quite uncomfortable but bearable... never had these pains before. Also IF I ovulate when I think I did, about 2 weeks later (approx) I went to the loo and when I wiped there was a bit of blood, a tiny amount and it was red streaky. .. never had that before and nothing since. I have had very bad insomnia last w weeks and extremely and unbearably hot... heat felt like it was coming from in me . I hate Dr's so going is a last option. What do you think?

Re: Please help... so confused.

• Loading the player...
  • Have I posted in the wrong section?
  • It seems like nobody participates in anything beside the trying to conceive boards or the birth month boards. But having said that I did stumble across your thread somehow lol. I am NOT a doctor. It does sound like you have some pregnancy symptoms, but also know that your mind can play tricks on you. It's possible to have a "fake" pregnancy and get all the symptoms. Your symptoms could also be there because you are about to start your period though too. If it was me, I would go buy a nicer box of tests... I like the first response. I bought a box of 3 for around $12. Not fun cause I'm cheap, but I do trust those ones. I'd just take 1 test in the morning with first urine and see what it says. If it's negative wait a week before testing with those ones again (they are expensive!). If you can't wait to test again go with the cheapest to just get you to the next week. I did realize you are very against Dr's and hospitals, if you are pregnant you will have a lot of Dr's and hospitals. You might want to think about that before becoming pregnant if you're not already.  I also got semi obsessed while ttc it was crazy lol Goodluck:)
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • I didn't have negative tests but your symptoms sound just like mine. I had bad cramps insomnia and huge boobs. Took an expensive test and that came out positive. Spotted a but a few weeks later and when I went it it apparently was normal...since I'm having twins. 
    You prob want to go to the dr and have them do a blood test to figure out what's happening though. Good luck!
  • JennyColadaJennyColada member
    edited June 2017
    Hi @lula922! Welcome! Just an FYI, this thread is from June 2016. I'm really seriously hoping that at this point the OP isn't still confused if she's pregnant or not.
  • I wonder if she was pregnant. No follow up?