January 2017 Moms
Options

Just for fun Friday: Is your horoscope sign compatible with baby's sign?

I don't believe in this stuff but I think it is fun to read sometimes. I looked up my EDD and according to that I will be having a Capricorn. I'm an Aries and supposedly the two of those are total opposites of each other. Aries like to try new things and get bored easily with repetition and schedules (guilty of this quality actually). The Capricorn thrives in a structured environment and is slow to change course or take any risks at all. And the two of them are both very strong willed. 

However, my husband is a Pisces and supposedly Pisces and Capricorns are the very best of friends. They get along great and balance each other out with their easy-going personalities. 

I take all of this with a grain of salt and just think its more fun than anything because horoscopes are also the same thing that say Pisces and Aries (my husband and I) are one of the LEAST compatible pairs of all the signs. Which is funny because we're best friends and have been together for over eight very happy years. 

So what about you? January babies will either be Capricorn or Aquarius - how does that compare to your sign?

Anniversary

BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Just for fun Friday: Is your horoscope sign compatible with baby's sign?

• Options
    I had someone ask what my DDs due date was during my first pregnancy and went "oh she's gonna be a Leo, you won't get along" and I was flabbergasted. Who says stuff like that to pregnant women? This baby is gonna be the same sign as me. I don't fit my sign at all though. 
  • Options
    Capricorn and Pisces is a great match, So I'm looking forward to this. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    From what I read, Aquarius and Aries are pretty compatible. If I were to deliver early and it's a Capricorn though--- more of a conflict supposedly 
    31 years young
    from Seattle(ish)
    5 years married
    FTM and PGAL
    EDD is 12/23/17
    -- It's a BOY! ---

• Options
    I will most likely have two Sagittarius which is only kind of compatible with Cancer (me).  If they are Capricorn they're more compatible.  DS is a Gemini which is supposedly incompatible with Cancer.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Baby is going to have the same sign as OH--according to the stars, Virgo and Aquarius don't get along at all. OH and I have spent the last 3 years we've been together laughing at this as we continue to... somehow... through mysterious means... beat the odds and prove it wrong :) Hopefully my child and I won't be savage enemies, but even if we are I'm sure we'll find a way.
  • Options
    asnowsurferasnowsurfer member
    edited June 2016
    DH and I are both Sagittarius/Capricorn cusp babies (he's 12/20 and I'm 12/24 - same year!). We get along super well, have some big differences but tend to approach things with a similar mindset. He definitely leans more Sagittarius (laid back, optimistic) and I lean more Capricorn (practical, determined). LO will probably be a solid Capricorn. I'm excited about it because I had a lot of perfectionist tendencies as a child (that I've since learned to ignore) and I know I'd be able to really understand and help my LO if they have similar tendencies typical of a Cap. I also really value and respect individuals with strong wills, probably because I am strong-willed myself.

I don't strongly believe in horoscope stuff, but I will say that all of my family and close friends are very typical of their signs (and they're all over the place lol). Just fun to think and wonder about, and I'm all for stuff that encourages inner reflection. :blush:

ETA: because horoscope is spelled with three o's.
    Me & DH: 27
    Met: 12.9.2007
    Married: 9.26.2014
    BFP: 5.1.2016
    Baby Boy Due: 1.13.2017

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Vivi20Vivi20 member
    Oooh I think this stuff is fascinating!
    If this baby is born early like our daughter was, he or she will be a Capricorn, which is compatible with my sign. But if the baby is born on or after the due date, he or she will be aquarius, which is more compatible with my husband. Our daughter is a cancer, which I'm super compatible with.
    BabyFetus Ticker

SaveSave
  • Options
    ashanne88 said:
    I will most likely have two Sagittarius which is only kind of compatible with Cancer (me).  If they are Capricorn they're more compatible. 
    Ditto all of this with the added comments that my sign doesn't suit me at all and that while I love the idea (and sort of romance) of all this mystical stuff... Pffffft 

:D  ;)
  • Options
    DH and I have the same birthday and our daughter is Jan 10th which is my due date for this one so Sagittarius and Capricorn are OK compatibility it says.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • Options
    cjs260cjs260 member
    @Smiley-1980 H and I have the same birthday, too! How neat! 

Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker                                       

• Options
    I'm a Taurus, so we're both Earth signs! Here's what Google has to say:

Taurus Parent, Capricorn Child

You and your Capricorn child share a grounded, practical nature and a love of the material side of life. However, you're more indulgent and pleasure-seeking, while your little Capricorn can be quite hard-working and ambitious, even as a child. 

You might find her saving her allowance instead of spending it on a whim, and you'll rarely have to remind her to do her homework. She's very responsible about completing her chores too, especially if there's a financial reward involved. A bit of pocket money is good for your Capricorn child even when she's young, as it helps her learn about the value of things. Do encourage her to spend it on something fun sometimes though, otherwise she could start tapping into her inner penny-pincher. Good thing you're great at relaxation and pleasure. You can help your little Capricorn loosen up a little and enjoy life more.
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    Husband and I are both Leos, and while there are some parts of that which we line up with, there are others that don't match our personalities well at all. And when my SIL read the description of Capricorn to us, both of us said that it sounds like we're at least half Capricorn, too, so *shrug* I think we'll make it work. Either way, we'll adopt our cub into our pride, even if it's not a lion, too ;) 
  • Options
    I am a Leo and my mom is a Capricorn.  Her birthday is very close to this baby's EDD, and it would seem like there's a very good chance this baby will be a Capricorn. Also, I will be the same age when I deliver this baby as my mom was when she had me.  I think that's kind of a cool, personal link. Beyond that, I'm not into astrology, but it is fun to discuss!
  • Options
    My H and I are both virgo (3 days apart) and theoretically baby is the cusp of aquarius. We're not compatible signs... but my H and I are not really alike. So I'm going with it'll be fine 
  • Options
    AriB08AriB08 member
    edited June 2016
    I am a leo and according to my due date, baby will likely be an Aquarius. I read a few different things about our signs' compatibility (lazy Sunday for me) and many said that my baby's foresight/vision will lend well to my creativity. I love that idea <3 Also says we are "no nonsense," might be a little too serious for my silly hubby. 

My husband is a virgo, it says he is likely to spoil our child because he is so loving of his children. We don't have any yet, but my husband has wanted a baby for so long and he is already so happy and excited that I can't help but believe this!

Only setback seems to be that Aquarius are very observant and introverted, making it difficult for both of our signs to communicate with baby. One site suggested taking the baby to an art museum early, to feed these qualities.

I loved reading all this, so much fun. Thanks for the idea @TexasGal24
    Pregnancy Ticker