TTC After a Loss

GTKY - Fur Baby Friday 6/24

dubcompaniondubcompanion member
edited June 2016 in TTC After a Loss
Since last week's was such a hit, I thought I'd just start a new one this week. :smile: If you're at all like me, you a) have TONS of photos of your pets to share, and it's hard to narrow down to just a couple for one Furball event and b) love seeing photos of furry pets - familiar or new - doesn't matter!

GTKY of the week: What is a quirky habit that your pet has?

Re: GTKY - Fur Baby Friday 6/24

• dubcompaniondubcompanion member
    edited June 2016

GTKY: My cat Snoop is our own little Maru. He constantly gets into shopping bags, boxes, and even laundry bags if left unattended. That rustling sound you hear? Yeah, that's just Snoop, doing everything he can to fit into your purse. (He will probably fail but it won't be for lack of trying.)

• Loading the player...
  • @SoonToBeMommaHowe "Put down that plastic rectangle and pay attention to meeeeeeeee!"

@AandDM2014 Your kitty has a beautiful coat! 
  • Pet threads are my favorite! 

This is Miles, my one year old sheltie. He's a little ball of energy who loves playing fetch and destroying any toy he can get his little paws on! He may look lazy in these pictures but it's all an act!

**Formerly @aliciabhen**
    Me: 26 DH: 24
    Married: November 2015  <3
    TTC#1: January 2016
    BFP: 5/02/16 - MC: 5/27/16
    Computer Hope
  • @AliciaGoose Awesome photos! He's adorbs! Also, is that the episode of the Office where Jim confesses to Pam he's in love with her??
  • @dubcompanion Thanks. And yes it totally is. I'm so happy and impressed you knew that. Reruns of the office are what I watch about 90% of the time I have Netflix on. 
    **Formerly @aliciabhen**
    Computer Hope
  • @AliciaGoose I have rewatched The Office and Friends enough through the years to know episodes from stills :lol: Love Netflix. I watch it when I get ready for the day, eat breakfast, when I'm working from home, etc. etc.  
  • @dubcompanion Friends is my 'going to sleep' show. I watch it every single night! I've seen every episode a million times but it NEVER gets old. I used to do HIMYM as well but I've taken a bit of a break from that in my repertoire of shows I watch over and over and over again.
    **Formerly @aliciabhen**
    Computer Hope
  • I love seeing all these sweet fur babies!
    Here is Vega. The only quirky habit she has is laying in our flower beds when she is outside.

Molly is such a good girl, but if we leave a napkin or tissue when she can get it she will tear it into a thousand pieces. She never chews anything but paper.

• I am also feeling kind of sad today- my Mom had to put one of our family dogs down yesterday. She had cancer and as of monday she started to really decline- not eating and difficulty with walking...overall she just seemed very uncomfortable. She was almost 13 years old- even though I'm going to miss her, I'm glad she's not suffering anymore. My mom's other dog- this dog's sister is doing okay so far but I'm sure missing her partner in crime as well :( 
  • @Spartanrd4 I wonder at times if I should let my kitties roam (in a controlled environment outside). Do you have a fence? If my cats were to get lost, they'd never survive. My cat Boots whines and runs to a human for comfort when he so much as bumps his head. I don't think he'd survive two seconds in the wild. :wink:

@allysondunn2 Gotta "love" the paper chewers. My friend's dog is like that. We once walked into her room and there has been a tissue box massacre on the entire first floor. 

@AliciaGoose HIMYM is also on my rotating list of Netflix shows. I just finished it (well, got to the middle of the last season and went "meh") and am taking a long break from it. 
  • dubcompaniondubcompanion member
    edited June 2016
    @Spartanrd4 So sorry for the loss of a family dog. That's always so tough. Hugs to you and your family. 

• Yay fur babies!!!
    my dog likes to lay on top of my clothes. This is him on top of my mom's luggage during her recent visit!
    Married 06.21.14 / TTC since 11.15 /
    BFP 01.03.2016 / MMC 6w5d D&C 02.2016 // BFP 05.06.16 / natural MC 05.12.16
    Benched 06.2016-08.2016 / TTC again 09.2016! On a diet. Cranky.
    BFP 10.02.2016 / NT scan at 12w looked normal / Anatomy scan at 20w everything ok
    Team blue! / EDD June 11th 2017
    DAVID ROGER was born on May 23rd at 37 weeks.

Architect, Peruvian living in Chile. I love art, opera and good chocolate.
    Started PhD studies in Architecture on 2017.
    Fur mom of a rescued miniature poodle called Luke Skywalker.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • @dubcompanion Thank you! :) I saw her this past weekend when I visited my parents so I'm just happy I was able to see her one last time. 

I do have a fenced in yard so he's pretty safe- He's not able to jump a fence or anything. I did get him a harness with a leash at first before I felt comfortable him roaming around free on his own. He has his claws still so he could definitely survive in the wild but I think he's a wimp overall and wouldn't go very far- he's run out of the front of the house before and barely got the the sidewalk before he laid on the ground and was like "help me Mom!!" lol
  • @dubcompanion I think you might be my TV soulmate. That's exactly how I watch HIMYM now. Especially because my DH HATES the last season and straight up refuses to watch it. 

@Spartanrd4 I am so sorry to hear about the loss of your family dog. It's never easy, even when you know they are no longer suffering. Hugs to you. 
    **Formerly @aliciabhen**
    Computer Hope
  • @Spartanrd4 :lol: I was once putting items into my car, when I realized there was something slinking around in the garage. I shouted, "BOOTS!" And he immediately flopped on the ground like "I DUNNO I'M CONFUSED." 

@AliciaGoose RIGHT?! I don't hate the last season of HIMYM but it rubs me the wrong way. 

@yolandamunoz Hopefully your fur baby doesn't shed too much!
  • Sorry about your moms pup @Spartanrd4. You get so attached to the sweet things it's so hard to say goodbye
    DH - 34, Me - 32
    Married 7/13
    TTC #1 since 10/13
    BFP 2/4/15, MC twin boys at 18w3d 5/15
    IUI #1 2/25/16

• Im so sorry @Spartanrd4 fur babies are family and it hurts so much when they leave. Hugs to you and your family!

@dubcompanion no he doesn't shed, I have to brush him to get the extra hair off his coat. I really like that about him, otherwise my DH's black suits and tux would be all covered in white fur!
    BFP 10.02.2016 / NT scan at 12w looked normal / Anatomy scan at 20w everything ok

• @Hopefulmommy1980  I'm so jealous you have 4 fur Babies! Mine is 8 years old and I'm really thinking she needs a sibling! As Baylie dog gets older Im so scared because I can't imagine being without a pup, I was hoping to have a baby and then get puppy #2 but more and more I'm thinking of getting puppy number 2 at Christmas time if I'm not pregnant by then ... Or maybe even if I am... Dogs are the best
  • @bayliegirl I agree I can't imagine being without a furbaby. We just added the newest pup a couple of months ago and I has just added so much love to the house. Although I forgot how hard potty training can be. ;) I hope you get another furbaby soon. 
  • Found of pic of the fourth fur baby
  • @Hopefulmommy1980 Love seeing all your pets!! I bet you never have a boring moment at your house! We have two cats, and DH won't let me get more pets for the time being. At least he's cool with wanting a couple of kids. :wink:
  • Ohmydog! So happy for a weekly fur baby thread :):):) I'm behind on this one but look forward to catching up, yay! I think I might post about my quirky dogs individually lol Since Penny is currently doing her quirky thing, I wanted to post about her :) She likes to sleep inside my shirt, against my chest lol Once when it was cold I stuffed her in my hoodie and since then she sits beside me and scratches at my collar until I lift the bottom and let her in! She also LOVES heat and will steal my heating pads the second I get up from the couch lol

• H
    he likes to inspect recently made beds