March 2015 Moms

Have you let your child spend the night away from you?

My husband wants to take our daughter to see his father out of town and I'm not ready for that. Have you done this yet or even let your LO stay with grandparents overnight? She's 15 months.

Re: Have you let your child spend the night away from you?

• Im a lurker from Sept 2015. LO is a few days shy of 10 months and has slept at my mother-in-laws twice (along with the older two kids) Both times were weird for me being that having a quiet house is def not the norm but overall both unbroken nights of sleep were AMAZE-BALLS! I trust my MIL 110%. Now MY mom, uh uh. The baby can't sleep over there for another few years. If you aren't ready for it, then wait longer.
  • Our LO is 17 months, and we aren't going to let her sleep over for a long time (like years). I just really don't see the point unless it's an emergency. By all means, if you NEED a break and feel comfortable with it, feel free. I fully believe in Mother's (and Father's) intuition though. If you're not comfortable with it, that's completely fine! Don't feel pressured into something you don't feel good about. Plus, right now, you're still trying to keep them on schedule. Getting off that schedule can rock a LO's world.