November 2016 Moms
Options

Weight Gain

I'm 20 weeks  and haven't gained any weight! I lost 14 lbs during the first trimester I was really sick.. Doctors have not said anything to me about it.. Should I bring it up or is it normal? First time mom here 

Re: Weight Gain

• Options
    loko08loko08 member
    Everyone is different, every pregnancy can be different. If you're concerned and it's bothering you, ask your doctor.
    <BabyFetus Ticker >
  • Options
    Hi there are literally 3 or 4 other posts about weight gain. Please post in there and save starting a new thread for an interesting topic or something that hasn't been discussed over and over again. Thanks! 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @Leash14a said:
    Hi there are literally 3 or 4 other posts about weight gain. Please post in there and save starting a new thread for an interesting topic or something that hasn't been discussed over and over again. Thanks! 

Married: 08.05.11
    Welcomed baby girl: 06.10.14
    Second pregnancy EDD: 06.16.16 MC: 10.29.15
    Welcomed baby boy: 11.25.16
  • Options
    I have had the worst day with feeling stomach sick... And huuuge from weight gain, and reeeeeeeally wish I hadn't clicked this post
  • Options
    I'm so glad you asked this!  I've  been having the same worry.  I've been reading around the internet, and everything suggests that there's not too much to worry about.  It's always nice to talk to real people on a live thread, though.  I think that if you're overweight like me, it's okay not to gain, but if you're a 'normal' BMI, you need to gain at least 25 pounds.  One study said it was okay to diet if you were obese and pregnant, but that was ONE study.  You can always talk to your doctor and see what she says, too.  Either way, good luck!

• Options
    I've only gained 8 lbs I don't feel like I'm gaining either ;) I'm 20 weeks as well. First baby too 
  • Options
    I've actually lost one pound (after ups and downs) at 18 weeks, but I am still 98 pounds overweight, so I'm trying not to worry :-)

• Options
    Leash14aLeash14a member
    edited June 2016
    OR we could have used the search feature at the bottom of the page and found this conversation already exists, browsed to see if our concern was already addressed, and if not, added to THE THREAD THAT ALREADY EXISTS.

https://forums.thebump.com/discussion/12675839/weight-gain-breast-size#latest

Because, ladies, if we continue to make repetitious posts no one will ever find what they need or the actual support because we were all too busy being concerned with just ourselves, which defeats the purpose of social media. 

Be be better than other pregnancy forums.

ETA: proofread

Welcome to the new baby center everyone. 

Eta: gif wasn't working. 
  • Options
    juliehollz13juliehollz13 member
    edited June 2016
    I read that if you had any weight to lose to begin with, it's not a concern. Also, a lot of women don't start gaining until 3rd trimester - whether they're at normal weight or slightly overweight. I'm 17w1d and I only gained 3lbs so far, but I was 20lbs overweight to begin with. 
    Met DH - 9/2003
    Dating - 9/18/2012
    Married - 8/16/2014
    NTNP - 7/2014-5/2015 
    TTC #1 - 5/2015 (CP October @ 4w2d)
    *PCOS/Hypothyroid/Ectopic Kidney/High DHEA-S*
    HSG - All clear, ectopic kidney didn't affect uterus (yay!)
    CT Adrenal Scan - no tumors! :D
    SA - sperm count excellent, 2% Morphology
    March/April IUI scheduled -  surprise BFP w/ help of Progesterone - 3/18/2016
    Beta #1 @ 11dpo - 45.7 #2 @ 14dpo - 163 #3 @ 18dpo - 997 #4 @ 21dpo - 3799 :D
    EDD 12/1 based on O, 11/28 per Ob/Gyn (but he's wrong lol).

*TEAM BLUE!*

BabyFruit Ticker

Image result for funny i hate football memes

• Options
    Why is everyone encouraging the continuation of this repetitious thread?!? Is there no respect for the integrity of the board?

• Options
    I've gained a little at each doc visit but my doc is pretty surprised I did gain the few pounds, so it must seem common for even second trimester to not bring on much weight gain (I started w normal range bmi) 
    @TwandaFTG agreed that old threads aren't that appealing, esp if they are super long to begin with - if you haven't had time to read 50+ entries from a past thread, it's more appealing to contribute to a newer topic than go play catchup, or the alternative is to just not participate much
    Sometimes the reality is that low participation is a side effect of too much policing, hard to have it both ways  
  • Options
    TwandaFTG said:
    OR we could have used the search feature at the bottom of the page and found this conversation already exists, browsed to see if our concern was already addressed, and if not, added to THE THREAD THAT ALREADY EXISTS.

Because, ladies, if we continue to make repetitious posts no one will ever find what they need or the actual support because we were all too busy being concerned with just ourselves, which defeats the purpose of social media. 

But those are old threads and now that people are further along they have questions.  It isn't like this BMB actually has tons of activity.  It could use a few fresh threads to liven it up a tad.  Last time I checked nobody was the police of the board except the bump. 

Some people have no interest in posting in a thread from a month ago. 

PS I haven't gained any weight either.  If you started off heavier then weight gain isn't a big concern in the early part of pregnancy. 

You obviously have not - nor care - to learn TB discussion policies and how they are different from the other ones. These threads aren't "old" as they are from women having children in November. Repetitious posting prevents anyone from truly knowing anyone else on this board; instead it encourages "me, me, me" postings.

• Options

@TwandaFTG agreed that old threads aren't that appealing, esp if they are super long to begin with - if you haven't had time to read 50+ entries from a past thread, it's more appealing to contribute to a newer topic than go play catchup, or the alternative is to just not participate much
    Sometimes the reality is that low participation is a side effect of too much policing, hard to have it both ways  
    It's adorable that you find the 7 posts thread on weight unbearable to get through from women possibly due the SAME WEEK as you.
  • Options
    TwandaFTG said:

But those are old threads and now that people are further along they have questions.  It isn't like this BMB actually has tons of activity.  It could use a few fresh threads to liven it up a tad.  Last time I checked nobody was the police of the board except the bump. 

Some people have no interest in posting in a thread from a month ago. 

PS I haven't gained any weight either.  If you started off heavier then weight gain isn't a big concern in the early part of pregnancy. 

You obviously have not - nor care - to learn TB discussion policies and how they are different from the other ones. These threads aren't "old" as they are from women having children in November. Repetitious posting prevents anyone from truly knowing anyone else on this board; instead it encourages "me, me, me" postings.

Missy, I've been on TK/TB for 11 years and there are no "TB discussion policies". That was pretty rude. I hope you're just having a bad day because seriously that was out of line.
  • Options
    shevaCC said:
    Missy, I've been on TK/TB for 11 years and there are no "TB discussion policies". That was pretty rude. I hope you're just having a bad day because seriously that was out of line.
    Well, it wasn't meant to be out of line; it's just become increasingly more frustrating, which is on me I guess.
  • Options
    @SandNStarsNJ I didn't call out the weight gain thread as sole or best example but explained in general sense. Sure you may be right that a handful posts are light reading but I specifically referred to old posts with 50+ entries. 
    Good for you if you have all this extra energy and reading time on top of work and daily life, but if some want to do their own post, why not let them. I never responded to all the "who's from where" posts bc they didn't interest me, but even if I were interested, the original one is like 250+ entries long. And if someone wanted to get together with women from region X, you expect her to go search and write down all their tickets to tag? Why not let her make a new thread or start a new group or whatever, just ignore if it's not your cup of tea. Btw you can "star" your favorite posts, that's what I did with the boys:girls thread and continuously look up the poll that way. 
  • Options
    @SandNStarsNJ I didn't call out the weight gain thread as sole or best example but explained in general sense. Sure you may be right that a handful posts are light reading but I specifically referred to old posts with 50+ entries. 
    Good for you if you have all this extra energy and reading time on top of work and daily life, but if some want to do their own post, why not let them. I never responded to all the "who's from where" posts bc they didn't interest me, but even if I were interested, the original one is like 250+ entries long. And if someone wanted to get together with women from region X, you expect her to go search and write down all their tickets to tag? Why not let her make a new thread or start a new group or whatever, just ignore if it's not your cup of tea. Btw you can "star" your favorite posts, that's what I did with the boys:girls thread and continuously look up the poll that way. 
    I appreciate that @SandNStarsNJ admitted she responded in frustration. I know I've snapped at people before, a lot more when pregnant than otherwise. I do like the weekly threads as a place to post some of the most common things and she's been working hard to bring those back. It's a fine line between suggesting some guidelines and policing other people.

• Options
    If people are frustrated at topics....there is the "X" at the top right or left (depending Mac or PC) to close the window....responses are not required.  I completely understand a shorter tempers (I definitely have one), but again, there is the option to ignore.