January 2016 Moms

Bumping Head Constantly

Ok my almost 6 month old daughter loves to roll. She has started sleeping on her stomach in bed the last week or so and she rolls all over the place in her crib she keeps hitting her head on her crib and I mean hitting it hard from rolling and sleeping up against the wood and in the corners etc.  Any tips on what I could do to help her I'm afraid hitting her head could effect her and I mean it hurts her she cries and gets red marks she refuses to sleep on her back anymore and we are constantly pulling her back to the middle of the bed to sleep but she finds her way back to the corners. I just worry because babies heads are still maliable and she's just constantly hitting it on things while rolling.

Re: Bumping Head Constantly

• I worry about this too.  Can you put her in the crib the other way (vertical instead of horizontal)? 
  • Mesh crib bumper maybe would at least shield her head from knocking on the wood.

Two years, two losses and three IUIs...

We are having TRIPLETS!

EDD 1/26/16

GGB born November 2015!

• Loading the player...
  • We ordered some breathable mesh bumpers will are going to try that it doesn't matter what way we place her in the crib whether vertical of horizontal she is able to move herself around. Also then we would most likely have to worry about her getting her legs stuck through the slates in front of crib which she's done plenty of time and hurts her leg because she's trying to bend it to free it while stuck. Thank you ladies I just absolutely hate hearing her hit her head I know she's going to take plenty of tumbles and things just wish it wouldn't have to be while she's sleeping in bed and when she's older. I'll let you know how the bumpers go.