Infertility
Options

Introducing myself

Hi I'm 34 years old and intially my husband and I saw a RE due too low sperm count after all the tests it turned out I also had poor egg quality. I just completed my first IVF cycle and had my BETA test this morning. Unfortunately it was unsuccessful and I am devastated. 

Re: Introducing myself

• Options
    Hi @Bambam2004 I'm very sorry for the bad news, there's not much I can say other than give yourself whatever time you need to get over the disappointment, but don't lose hope. I had 3 failed IUI's and 1 failed IVF with fet and it was very difficult after all the time, emotional and financial investment.  This site is a great place to find support and to know that you are not alone... I wish you the best!
    37 y.o 
    TTC since October 2014
    DX: Unexplained fertility 
    3 Failed IUI's 2015
    1st IVF cycle March 2016 , planned ICSI, PGS, FET
    ER 3/31/16 30 retrieved, 26 fertilized normally
    Sent 8 embryos for PGS: 5 normal (3 AA, 1BA, 1BC)
    FET 5/11/16 (1 embryo)
    Beta 5/23/16 BFN  :(
    2nd FET 6/12/16 (1 5AA embryo)
    ++++TW++++
    Beta 6/22/16 : BFP!!!  169 
    Beta #2 6/24/16: 412
    DD born 3/2/17
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Kp214Kp214 member
    @Bambam2004 I am so sorry.  I know it is difficult.  Take as much time or as little as you need.  This is a hard journey.  You have support.
    Me:32 DH:36
    Me: DOR, poor egg quality, MTHFR
    DH: MFI
    TTC since 3/2014
    2015: 3 IUI's-BFN
    12/2015: 1st IVF cycle-(9 follicles retrieved, 5 mature, 3 fertilized w/ICSI, transferred 1 excellent and 1 good embryo on day 3)-chemical pregnancy
    3/2016: 2nd IVF cycle- canceled (3 follicles retrieved, 3 mature, all fertilized w/ICSI, 1 fragmented, 2 arrested) 
    3/2016: RE suggested donor eggs- taking an ivf break and to supplement 
    9/2016: 3rd ivf cycle-cancelled due to early ovulation
    Oct./Nov 2016: 4th ivf cycle- EPP-AFC:5, retrieved 10, 10 mature, 8 fertilized with ICSI, 6 blastocysts biopsied and frozen. 3 CCS normal embryos
    1/9/17: transferred 1 embryo-BFP 1/16
    1/18/17: beta #1-104
    1/20/17: beta #2-174
    2/2/17: first u/s, heartbeat of 107 at 6w1d
    7/20/17: baby boy born at 30+3 via emergency c-section 

• Options

Hi, Bambam! I'm sorry for your failed cycle. I had them 2. And I know how you're feeling so that I'm sending you lots  of gentle hugs, hun :( 6 years ago I happened to survive 2 miscarriages in a row. What a disaster was it for every single being in our large family. All they were super supportive but here not people but time heals. Our journey took us 7 long years and finally ended in Ukrainian clinic where we used donor egg for IVF. From the very beginning our RE gave us 5% verdict of conceiving with own eggs (I'm endo and PCOS sufferer) so we decided to go straight to DE not to waste precious time. Of course I tried surgery to boost my chances twice. But it brought me no success though only resulted in my left ovary scarring. Well, I'm not sure you want to read  all these details which may not relate to you, but just knowing you're not alone with the problem really helps. Ladies here are very nice, so I guess soon you'll see a lot of massages from the lovelies passing IVF treatment right now, so that you can share your thought. Wish you all the best of luck with your next round <3Take some time to heal, take care of yourself and keep positive thinking, hun. Will be praying for you.

• Options
    @Angelic789 thanks so much I really appreciate your support I haven't left the house since my BETA 6/22. Today is my first day back at work and I've been here for an hour and have already had a melt down. I'm glad to be out of the house. Again thanks for sharing. Have a great day!