June 2016 Moms
Options

Vacuum Cleaner

now that our babies are arriving, keeping the floors extra clean seems never ending!!! Thanks to that nesting phase, I am now looking for the best vacuum for pet hair.  (We have an American bulldog that sheds like crazy)

Any recommendations?

Re: Vacuum Cleaner

• Options
    We have the Dyson Ball Animal vacuum...it was definitely a splurge, but it works SO well. Our dog has very fine fur & it gets everywhere, but this vacuum has been a life saver. We just have to do it more than we were pre-baby so the hair doesn't get out of control. 
    Me: 30 || DH: 32
    Married: May 3, 2014 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

SaveSave
  • Options
    We have a pit mix and a roomba and honestly it's been one of the best purchases we've ever made. You can schedule it to vacuum the floor so you don't have to think about it. Having the floor vacuumed every week day while we're out of the house has been amazing. If our house weren't so small that I would hear it I would set it to run overnight. It's definitely made a difference in the hair tumbleweeds in our house.
    DD1: June '16 DD2: March ‘19 :::: Married since 2011 :::: USN Wife ::::
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I second the Dyson ball.  I have two cats and a Bernese mountain dog... works like a dream
  • Options
    We have a Roomba, too! It doesn't do well on rugs and hard to reach spots, so we still use our regular shark vacuum at least once a week, but it does really help to be able to run it to cut down on the amount of dog hair, while doing dishes or another task. We have a lab mix that sheds like crazy. The only downside for me is needing to pick up all the toys everywhere before running it so it can actually do its job, but now that I'm not pregnant that prob won't seem like such a chore!
    DS1 5-18-2012
    DS2 5-18-2014
    DD1 EDD 6-21-2016

babysizercom pregnancy ticker
  • Options
    We have a dyson ball and trust me it's worth the money!  Had it 5 years and it works great. Just make sure to clean the filters according to their schedule so the vacuum continues to work well. We just bought the dyson cordless stick vacuum to use just for upstairs and it's also a great vacuum!  Cordless works much better for the stairs. 
  • Options
    We have a roomba to combat the shed from our beagle and I love it.  Does it get every last hair?  No, but it goes off in its own, runs every day and I don't have to get up to do it.  
  • Options
    We have a shark something or other but we also have the electrolux ergorapido (cordless) and it's great for quick everyday cleaning, I literally don't know what I would do without it
  • Options
    I had a German shepherd and currently have a pomeranian. We have a Shark Navigator and it's absolute perfection. we were going to splurge on a Dyson  (my parents have one and have 3 aussies) but after reading the reviews and seeing the smaller price Tag on the shark on amazon, we went with shark. We actually enjoy vacuuming lol.