June 2016 Moms
Options

Mamas who had boys

little_brenlittle_bren member
edited June 2016 in June 2016 Moms
I'm just curious how many who had a boy chose to circumcise. It seems to be more common not to circumcise than it used to be so I'm interested in everyone's personal choice.

Me: 29 / Hubster: 31
Married July 2010
DC #1 Oct 2013
DC #2 EDD June 2016

Pregnancy Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Mamas who had boys 94 votes

Circumcised
71% 67 votes
Did not circumcise
28% 27 votes

Re: Mamas who had boys

• Options
    Left it mostly up to my hubby.  He is snipped but always thought "why mess with mother nature?"
  • Options
    I left it up to hubby. After having heard it described by the nurse who ran our childcare class, he was adamant that the boy remain intact. And honestly, after having to see him poked and prodded for blood a million times over,  two IVs run, one in his poor little head, and needing oxygen run and a nose tube in the NICU , I'm glad he didn't have to go through that as well.  
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    We are planning to circumcise, but we can't until he's out of the NICU....
  • Options
    edited June 2016
    DH is adamant that we circ - he want his boy to "look like daddy." I'm leaving it up to him so long as he's the one to comfort baby during the procedure.
    DH + Me 12/2011
    DD 3/2012
    Baby on the way June 2016 :)

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    My hubby said no I said yes. He is not circumcised, I chose to win something I really wanted to win.
  • Options
    DH is adamant that we circ - he want his boy to "look like daddy." I'm leaving it up to him so long as he's the one to comfort baby during the procedure.
    Same here.  I fought for not doing it.  Such a strange thing that we do to babies ....  But H was set on them looking the same.  I wish we hadn't because it's stressing me out.  It's been a week and the plastibell still hasn't fallen off.  I just want to be done with it-and I'm sure the baby does too!  
  • Options
    Didn't with DS1, and didn't with DS2. It was a joint decision we made after a lot of research and debate. 
    TTC#1 since May 2011

BFP #1 June 2011 m/c@6wks

BFP #2 December 2011, EDD 8/21/12, born 7/21/12 at 35w4d

BFP #3 October 6, 2015. WHAT???

• Options
    @mollie2383

the paperwork we received from the doctor to care for his circumcision said to remove the cover after 24-36 hours if it was still on. So we did by using a q-tip wet with water and it came right off. He is 8 days old and it is still very red at the top and a little on the sides. We were told to put Vaseline around it and I'm his diaper so it doesn't stick. He had a dr. Apt at 3 days old and the pediatrician said it looked great but it still worries me. He said that sometimes the skin likes to fuse back together so now I'm paranoid about this!?
  • Options
    Nope. Seemed unnecessary. 
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    we did and I'm not sure if I have another boy if I would do it again.
    the day he was circumcised, he cried and was miserable the entire day. I felt so bad for him.
    I constantly had the nurses check to make sure it wasn't infected and they all said the doc did a great job. took him to his first ped. appt and she also said it looked great so I know it wasn't infected.
    He is completely healed now, I just felt so bad when he had it done.
  • Options
    We had it done for the same 'look like daddy' reason. As DH and I agreed that he will be taking a serious lead-by-example role for potty training and washing, he felt it would be way less confusing this way. And DH admitted he doesn't know anything about proper care for uncirc, so he feels more comfortable like this.
    Surprisingly to us, the pediatrician, and the nurses, our little man actually slept through his circ. Ped said she had never seen such a thing before. No worries about any pain for him
    Me: 32 DH: 31 *The old lady by 5 whole weeks*
    Married: 11/2013
    M: 6/2016  E: 5/2018
  • Options
    This baby was a girl, but my son was circumcised. Dh is not, and he felt very strongly about it based on some personal experiences.  Since he tries to back me up when I feel very strongly about something for the kids, I did the same for him. 

BabyFruit Ticker