May 2016 Moms
Options

Three Things Tuesday 6/21

1. I have my post partum checkup this morning. I am excited to be cleared for exercise! I can't wait to run, and practice/teach hot yoga again!!! 

2. I've been kind of in a self loathing phase.. feeling lots of negativity about my post partum body. I was excited that I would be recovering during the summer months, but now I just feel flabby and out of shape. I know it will get better but I want to feel fit and healthy again. Like yesterday. 

3. Daycare update: DD did really well on her first day at school. She cried in the am (normal) and by the time I picked her up, she ran away from me and played with her new friends. Phew. Happy mama :)

Re: Three Things Tuesday 6/21

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    kbrands7 said:
    @Jenly17 I'm so glad that your daughter likes school! I'm right there with you on #2. I'm right in that in between phase where I have that little stomach flab above my scar that looks like I stuck a short stack of pancakes on my lower abs. Plus, my thighs are still out of control. 

1. DS2's lip tie is taken care of! His tongue tie was clipped a bit more too because the pediatrician who did it at birth didn't release it as much as she could have. His latch is so much better already and he slept better last night after being able to move more milk, but he is not a fan of me having to rub it a few times per day. 

@kbrands7 and @jenly17 with you on the body image. I have started slow at the gym with the elliptical and light weights, but I know the running is where it is at. I am just scared.. scared of the soreness, peeing myself, seeing how far I have fallen, etc.... Oh well, I will go look at that precious baby that makes every negative thought in my head disappear!!

@kbrands 7 - so pumped the tie is taken care of! I noticed sleep being better that first night too! It helped with the second stretch for us!

Baby # 1: BFP 10/26/12: Baby girl born 7/1/13
    Baby #2: BFP 9/2/15: EDD 5/15/16
  • Options
    @That1didntcount Yes! I'm glad that you're seeing improvement too! I was excited that he actually drained the boobs down at 4am and slept again until morning. Usually he clusterfeeds from then on because he gets sleepy and just gives up only to try again in 30min.

@Charissadeats Stay safe!!!
  • Options
    Add me to the body hating group please! This will definitely sound like a poor little rich girl thing, but I've always been naturally slim and even tended towards disordered eating so it's hard for me to not have the body I'm used to.
    1. Ezra took a four hour nap yesterday and after I'd cleaned the house, watched to, folded the laundry, and exercised I really missed him. I sat in his room and read my book and waiting until he woke up.
    2. I have no clue how to get Ezra on a schedule. I've been letting him just sort of run his own day and I can usually count on an AM nap but his bedtime is all over the map. I don't know if a schedule is even valuable at this age. 
    3. Our dog basically barks if someone breathes near our front door and it echoes in the house. I'm crazy thankful that the barking doesn't wake up the baby but it gives me such a headache every day!
  • Options
    1. For anyone who can't afford the Bellefit, those really tight old navy running compression pants pulled up as far as you can get them to go do make a difference in your lower abs. In three days, the pooch is distinctively less obvious...I mean, it's still there, but it, like, sort of hangs flatter.

2. I want to move out of this house and town so badly. DH is finally on board with me about moving to a slightly more rural area outside of the metroplex, but he says he wants to move to the actual country, not just a smaller town. I grew up in the actual country...they make you deal with the local wildlife on your own there. No thanks, I'd rather live close enough to my neighbors that I can get someone else to deal with the occasional snake/possum/coyote/whatever when DH isn't home. They're bad enough in the suburbs where I live right now...

3. Still too paranoid to leave the house with DD on my own. I'm desperate to get out, but she hasn't had her shots yet, I can't see her/immediately reach her in the car seat from the driver's seat (safely, anyway), and I'm terrified that once I do get out, some predator is going to try to take her from me. How do the rest of you guys do it? I can't keep ordering stuff all the time. I can't even bring myself to take a walk around the block with her in the stroller. I mean, it's way too hot to do that anyway, but that's not the point.
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    @Jenly17 I am having a hard time with my PP body too. I am below my pre-pregnancy weight, but the skin on my stomach is flabby and I want to cry every time I see myself naked. :/

@dsmith211 I have the K'tan too but have been thinking about getting another kind of carrier as well. I want something little more airy. The K'tan gets a little warm!

@That1didntcount What exercises did they give you? Care to share? I have it, but I don't see my doctor for another almost three weeks. I'd like to know some exercises I can do now!

1. DS is in the process of waking up, it's almost time for him to eat again.

2. DS has only been waking me up about 3 times a night, and the third time is usually around time to wake up so I don't know if I can really count that. 

3. I am so jealous of people who say their baby is already only waking up once a night, or sleeping for 6-7 hours at a time. Lucky!!

Me: 31

DH: 29, SA - Great

Married: June 12,2011

TTC #1: 1/2014

Diagnosis: Hypothalamic Amenorrhea

Treatment: Clomid:  50mg, 100mg, 150mg - not successful and not monitored

Menopur 75ml (upped to 112.5ml), Ovidrel, & IUI  IUI #1 8/31/2015

9/15/2015: BFP HCG - 400, 9/17/2015: HCG - 827, 9/21/2015 - HCG 3,327!
    Heartbeat 10/2/2015: 118bpm
    DS: 5/27/2016

TTC# 2: 12/2017
    BFP: 4/20/2018
    EDD: 12/29/2018
  • Options

3. Still too paranoid to leave the house with DD on my own. I'm desperate to get out, but she hasn't had her shots yet, I can't see her/immediately reach her in the car seat from the driver's seat (safely, anyway), and I'm terrified that once I do get out, some predator is going to try to take her from me. How do the rest of you guys do it? I can't keep ordering stuff all the time. I can't even bring myself to take a walk around the block with her in the stroller. I mean, it's way too hot to do that anyway, but that's not the point.
    I felt the same way, here are some things that helped me out:
    1. I'm EBFing so I imagined a little force field around my baby full of my antibodies he gets when he eats. Those protected him from the germs in the air.
    2. Whenever we went in public I would carry him instead of leaving him in the car seat or stroller. It's much harder for strangers to touch your baby without your permission. 
    3. Driving alone was hard for me for the exact same reason you described! Watching him in the backseat while DH drove gave me confidence that he wasn't going to roll his head and choke and die while I was listening to  NPR. Also remember- you can pull over! Ezra started crying while we were driving to the library and I pulled over and literally sat in the backseat holding my baby until he felt ready to go.

as for someone snatching your baby, it's actually extremely rare for a child to be kidnapped by a stranger. It accounts for about 1% of all kidnappings. So don't worry, your baby is safe.
    try a quick walk around your block! It'll be good for you and for baby :)
  • Options
    edited June 2016

I have two so I am more paranoid about the circus show that would be on full display with an energetic toddler and hold me in arms and breastfeed me lap nap baby. 

However when I just had one I also wasn't too thrilled about going out alone. I always wore baby to help prevent people touching.
    As far as the car I had a large mirror there so I could always see baby, bought a thermometer to put back there so I could check temp (it gets above the 100's in the summer here and there are not vents in the back) and I would sit in back with baby any chance I had if I wasn't alone. 
    And also the play gym came with something like a crib soother with music and simple lights. I made an area where that could safety be and that helped some too sometimes to distract baby. 

• Options
    @AdorkablePixie so you have diastasis too? Ugh the worst! Mainly just pelvic tilts on my back and on exercise ball, working on balance standing on one leg, and avoiding all abdominal work for healing. Mainly just anything to strengthen the lower back stabilizers. 
    Baby # 1: BFP 10/26/12: Baby girl born 7/1/13
    Baby #2: BFP 9/2/15: EDD 5/15/16
  • Options
    T&P for your family, and a speedy recovery for your Grandma @bshurdy
  • Options
    1. I got to clean house a bit today with LO in the wrap and DS at day care. Clutter and mess stress me out and I don't enjoy the cleaning process but getting it done feels nice!
    2. We are headed on a trip soon and I'm actually really looking forward to the chaos it will surely be. We have a wedding, a visit with friends and almost a week on cape cod to look forward to!
    3. Catching up on the bachelor here shortly. So excited.  
    Me 27 | DH 28
    DS October 2014
    #2 May 2016