December 2015 Moms

Tummy sleepers/front diaper leaks - help

My 5.5 month old loves sleeping on her tummy. I put her in her crib and she immediately rolls over and goes to sleep. This is great, however our diaper situation isn't. Since she's laying on her tummy, all of her nightly pee goes to the front of her diaper and she wakes up around 5am wet all in the torso, on the sheet, etc. Has anyone dealt with this? The only thing I can think of is changing her diaper in the middle of the night, which i'd prefer not to do since that will wake her up. But I don't want her to wake up cold/wet every morning with pee everywhere. :(

Re: Tummy sleepers/front diaper leaks - help

• Just move her diaper up a bit higher leaving less in the back and more in the front.
  • We had to go up a diaper size and that made a huge different but you can also use a reusable diaper cover over the disposable one. This helped hold in any leaks we had for a while.
  • Loading the player...
  • @Mizuiro007 are the reusable diaper covers pretty thin? Her jammies are fitted so there isn't a ton of room for a bulky diaper cover.
  • Have you tried a different brand of diaper? I know there are some special "overnight" diapers that might be more absorbent.
  • Mine has this issue too! Upped size and pull the front a bit more up =) or you can try overnights. But if you do not pull more upwards the front it will leak any who
  • Our son had some leaks and we switched to Pampers Baby Dry for the night diapers and it worked for us. We do change the diaper once after the feeding but the twins don't wake up enough during it to make it an issue.
  • redfallonredfallon member
    edited June 2016
    I use Huggies Overnites for both kids (6 mos DS and 2.5 yrs DD). I had to go up to size 4 for DS in those while he's still in size 3 Pampers Swaddlers for days. 

I used Pampers Baby Dry for DD for a while. Then they started coming apart and the gel beads would be everywhere. That was really bad when she was walking in the house in the morning and I had to clean up a trail of diaper gel beads. Changed to Huggies Overnites and they've never done that. 

Jamie

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• @grkgdss00 We used the Flip diaper covers and never had an issue getting them to fit under leggings and fitted pjs. 
  • I've been using Honest overnight diapers and they have been working well
  • We have a tummy sleeper too- no leaks yet, using Pampers Baby Dry Extra Protection overnight diapers.  She goes 11-12 hours without a change and so far the diaper has been dry to the touch even when full...
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • For Cole we just went up a size at night and so far it has helped
  • I went out and got some Huggies Overnight diapers size 4 and that did the trick! She woke up this morning dry and happy. Slept 7pm to 7am with one wakeup to feed. Hallelujah! Thanks for the advice everyone.
  • Great advice here, definitely going to try sizing up at night!
    Pregnancy Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Anniversary
  • I had no idea about pulling the diaper front higher. It helps-- thank you!!
  • My vote is for the pamper night diapers as well, we've never had a leak, and LO is mostly a tummy sleeper.
    DS1: Born 11.18.15
    DS2: EDD- 09.08.17

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker