TTC After a Loss
Options

GTKY: Fur Baby Friday!

Just for funsies, let's post pictures of our fur babies!! It's a great way to kick off the weekend! 

GTKY: What's a sweet thing that your pet does to show he/she loves you?

Re: GTKY: Fur Baby Friday!

• Loading the player...
  • Options

THIS IS MY FAVORITE GTKY EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I <3 animals so much. Thanks @dubcompanion this has really lifted my spirits today :)

• Options
    @renneannemm My cat loves my DH more too even though I had him before we met- I think its because he bribes him by giving him turkey breast when he makes his lunch in the morning!! ;)
  • Options
    @Spartanrd4 It's not fair! He smothers them! I'm the chill one but they always snuggle with him first. I guess it's because I'm always home with them and he's a limited time engagement suffocating them with his love.
    Renee, 34 + Devon, 29 married 08/13 <3
    TTC  09/15
    *TW Loss mentioned*
    BFP 12/15/15 EDD: 08/26/16
    MMC discovered 1/25/16 at 9 +3
    TTCAL 3/2016
    Acupuncture 11/16
    Dx December 2016: unexplained 
    January 2017: 50 mg Clomid + TI =
    BFP #2 01/30/17  Please be a sticky baby!
    EDD: 10/15/17  Measuring ahead! 10/12/17 
    Ambrose born on his due date!

• Options
    dubcompaniondubcompanion member
    edited June 2016
    @Spartanrd4 Your cat is GORG!! 

@reneeannemm I had my D&C, and the next day my DH had his gallbladder removed. Our cats took turns -attempting- to lie on our stomachs, like 24/7. (And they're big boys, so they can cover a lot of surface area.) Needless to say, neither of us wanted an 11-pound cat on that area..... but we found it sweet all the same. 

@chloe97 For the 42nd time, your puppy is adorable! And you're right. He seems much more like a Barney than an Ernie. 

@crazypt2285 Even though you got a pup from the puppy mill, I think you still did the right thing. You were supporting him, not the mill. This was especially important because if he hadn't sold, they probably would have taken him somewhere worse. So you absolutely did the right thing by adopting him!!
  • Options

We rescued him about 2 weeks after our MC and I truly think he gave me a reason, maybe the only reason, to function. I had to walk him, cook his meals (crazy but I like doing it), Bake his treats, buy him clothes and accessories (he has a bow tie and a regular tie). Now he doesn't leave my side and DH gets a little jelly that I get most of the snuggles.

^^^^^^THIS^^^^^^

I thought we were making a mistake getting a dog while we were so deep in mourning 2 weeks after my D&C, but I can't believe how much better I'm doing with my day to day life now that we have him. He seems to have cured my intense hypochondria and given my brain something new to occupy it's time rather than obsessing about how everyone's pregnant but me.He's such a sweet bundle of joy. 

@dubcompanion Yes you remembered!! We changed his name when we got him. He just was so much more a Barney than an Ernie. So much easier to say too!
  • Options
    I 100% agree @chloe97! It like forces your brain to focus on something besides how sad you are..I needed that for sure
    DH - 34, Me - 32
    Married 7/13
    TTC #1 since 10/13
    BFP 2/4/15, MC twin boys at 18w3d 5/15
    IUI #1 2/25/16

• Options
    Aera11Aera11 member
    Thank you for starting @dubcompanion!  My doctor appointment ran over and now I am packing to go up north.  I'll post mine shortly.  Loving all these sweet fury faces!!
  • Options
    Aera11Aera11 member
    @chloe97 I am literally dying.  What a sweetheart!
  • Options
    @dubcompanion Oh he knows he is beautiful too! He uses it to his advantage because he is the biggest brat ever but everyone always paws all over him and tells him how cute he is. He's a cat that you want to hug and slap at the same time but I love him so much :)
  • Options
    dubcompaniondubcompanion member
    edited June 2016
    @chloe97 I adopted my cats a month after my grandma passed away. I was very close to her. At first, I thought my cats were a mistake too, but they ended up being wonderful companions. I lived on my own, and the nights my future DH wasn't there were when I swore I heard footsteps, burglars, ghosts, etc. When I adopted my fur babies, I was no longer paranoid. The thump wasn't an intruder; it was a cat jumping around. The creak wasn't a monster; it was a cat trying to squeeze into a small space. Pets keep us in reality and our hearts in the right place!

@SoonToBeMommaHowe Since it's a hit, I think I'll do this every Friday, so everyone has the opportunity to post as many of their 178487362 pics of their loves as possible! :smile: We also tend to have new posters throughout the week, so we can hopefully get to see new fluffy faces as well!

@Spartanrd4 He's a cat that you want to hug and slap at the same time but I love him so much :lol: That's my Bootsie. He's a sweet cat and so lovable but such a PITA too. He knows he's not supposed to get on the kitchen counter, but every so often, I hear that thump and then a guilty little meow, and I think, "Are you [EXPLETIVE] kidding me..."
  • Options
    @Aera11 Post the bunny pics when you get a chance! :smile:
  • Options
    Aera11Aera11 member
    @reneeannemm I just realized your cats names, so cute! I love me some Charlie Brown :)
  • Options
    @Taggarab That Doom game in the background makes the hairy eyeball even more legit!

@Aera11 *squeeeeeeee* I was going to adopt two lop bunnies the day I adopted my cats! Ended up getting kitties because I wasn't sure about my HOA pet policies. Still, I love bunnies.
  • Options
    @aera11 I love bunnies! I had rabbits growing up, they are so cute. DH wont let me have one :(
  • Options
    Spartanrd4Spartanrd4 member
    edited June 2016

@dubcompanion Reggie's favorite activities are knocking glasses of water off the table and chewing the plastic pull ties off the garbage bag in the kitchen- basically chews on anything plastic: straws, tape, ribbon, plastic bags. He has an animal version of pica!

• Options
    @dubcompanion DH was so excited when he came home with Doom and Mortal Combat last week. Serious throwback in this house!
    Me: 32 DH: 36
    Married 5/08
    BFP #1: 1/27/13 DS #1 born 10/16/13
    BFP #2: 1/20/16, ectopic discovered 1/23/16
    Surgery 1/23/16 to remove ruptured tube
    TTCAL 3/16
    BFP #3: 3/24/17 EDD 12/5/17
    DS #2 born 12/11/17

• Options
    @Taggarab I've been watching my DH play Uncharted 4 (LOVE the storylines in this series; how do they do it?!), and it has an old school Crash Bandicoot level in-game! I stole the controller and played it. Ahhhh, nostalgia!
  • Options
    allysondunn2allysondunn2 member
    edited June 2016
    @dubcompanion I think making this a weekly thread is a spectacular idea!
     I forgot to add the GTKY. Both of our dogs are very affectionate and like to give lots of kisses. Edited to add that I LOVE seeing all these adorable pets! 
  • Options
    @lilylover27 Your dogs are gorgeous! Great photos!
  • Options
    @dubcompanion thanks!! I really like to take pictures of them if you can't tell!
    Married: June 2011
    TTC #1: September 2015-January 2016
    BFP #1: 1/25/16 - MMC Diagnosed 3/22/16
    TTCAL: June 2016
    BFP #2: 8/26/16 - EDD 5/9/17
    Jackson born 5/6/17 at 8:36 PM - 9lbs 5oz & 21in
      Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    @lilylover27 your dogs are precious!

also- hi from the october bmb. I thought your name looked familiar as I was catching up on posts here! Sorry to see us both here but glad to recognize a familiar name  :)
  • Options
    @KarenBeth714 Cute pups!! Great surprise seeing fur babies on Saturday! :smiley:
  • Options

It was awesome to open this on a Monday morning and see all the fur-babies! 

Above are 4 of my 6 new chickens.  :)  They are adorable girls and I enjoy them already.

Below is my rough collie, Starlord.  He's really helped me through some rough times the past few months and I love him so much!

GTKY: What's a sweet thing that your pet does to show he/she loves you? Starlord will lick my hand gently with mournful eyes when I look too sad.  It’s super cute and makes me smile.

@chloe97 Glad the puppy is helping you out!  Our puppy definitely helped me, and still helps me so much! 

MC #1: D&C Oct 23, 2015 (7.5 weeks)
    MC #2: July 1, 2016 (5.5 weeks)
    MC #3: October 17, 2016 (CP)
    RE #1: RPL testing November 2016-January 2017
    MC #4: Feb. 28, 2017 (CP)
    RE #2: Additional RPL testing March-November 2017
    MC #5: January 2019 (6.5 weeks)

RE #3: More testing 2023. 
    Egg Retrieval Sept/Oct 2023, 2 good embryos after PGT-A testing.
    Surgery for endometriosis January 2024
    Lupron Depo March 2024.  Benched 3 months.  Hopefully FET after that.

#BitterHagPartyOf1

• Options
    @dpjennifer I tried to talk my DH into getting a chicken coop this summer. He said no. :frowning: I shall live vicariously through you! Also, Starlord is an awesome name.
  • Options
    @dubcompanion Thank you, thank you!  And I am loving the chickens so far.  DH was not really in favor of it, but I pretty much said I'm getting chickens and that was that.  He is slowly acquiescing to country living, and it is my goal for him to wake up in 5-10 years, look out the window, and say "When did we start living on a farmette."  :)  

MC #1: D&C Oct 23, 2015 (7.5 weeks)
    MC #2: July 1, 2016 (5.5 weeks)
    MC #3: October 17, 2016 (CP)
    RE #1: RPL testing November 2016-January 2017
    MC #4: Feb. 28, 2017 (CP)
    RE #2: Additional RPL testing March-November 2017
    MC #5: January 2019 (6.5 weeks)

RE #3: More testing 2023. 
    Egg Retrieval Sept/Oct 2023, 2 good embryos after PGT-A testing.
    Surgery for endometriosis January 2024
    Lupron Depo March 2024.  Benched 3 months.  Hopefully FET after that.

#BitterHagPartyOf1