Babies: 0 - 3 Months
Options

Baby always wants to be held..daycare soon

How did you break your child of being held all the time? I usually put her down all through the day but the past week or so she screams like a banshee when I put her down. I sometimes let her cry but you'd swear someone is hurting her. She's starting daycare very soon with a provider who does not hold babies all day so we need to break this ASAP!

Re: Baby always wants to be held..daycare soon

• Options
    Don't try to break it and don't leave her to cry. If you are on this boar then I'm assuming you have a baby under 3 months old. Hold her as often as she wants. She needs you. Worry about daycare when the time comes.
  • Options
    jodiedrich18jodiedrich18 member
    edited June 2016
    TwizBeans said:
    Don't try to break it and don't leave her to cry. If you are on this boar then I'm assuming you have a baby under 3 months old. Hold her as often as she wants. She needs you. Worry about daycare when the time comes.

ALL OF THIS. There is no habit to break. This young, they are driven by sheer need for food and comfort. How old is your LO? They change so quickly that she'll find her own rhythm not needing you as much without you having to do anything at all. Trust me, daycare providers have seen it all and the good ones will not be fazed and will help your LO adjust during the first few weeks. When you go back to work, you will only get limited windows with LO awake on weekdays. Plus, you'll be tired from work and there will be days she will cry and need extra holding when you are tired and you will have to help her push through. When she goes through sleep regression, the 4th leap and teething in the 3-6 month period, she will have times (or weeks in my 5 month olds case!) of needing extra holding and soothing. This is normal....Difficult, but normal and this too shall pass. Please don't let her cry.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    yogahhyogahh member
    Everything pp said. Babies this young just want comforted. Give her the cuddles she needs now, as she won't always want mommy to hold her. 

cat fail animated GIF