September 2015 Moms

Feeling terrible...

BabyBugutskyBabyBugutsky member
edited June 2016 in September 2015 Moms
I feel terrible. Just woke up to our little one in bed which never happens unless I'm awake. I remember hearing him cry, then getting up and going to get him even getting his binky. I don't remember bringing him to our bed. I woke up to him sleeping and spitting out his binky. I have no idea how long he was there for. 

Has this ever happened to anyone? He's completely fine. Blankets weren't near him but he was snuggled up again me. He has a cold so nights are a bit difficult right now and I'm exhausted. I fell asleep when I laid in bed I guess. I just feel terrible I can't remember putting him in our bed :(

Edit to add old post back

Re: Feeling terrible...

• All the time. LO is teething right now with 4 coming in which are making nights particularly rough. He is waking up anywhere between 3 and 5 times a night.. His crib is in our room about 4 feet from my side of the bed. So yeah, 3 times a week if not more for the last 2 weeks I wake up at 6:30AM with him in the bed and most of the time I don't even remember getting up and putting him there. I don't feel bad about it, though. He's got enough control at this point that he wakes up if he's the least bit uncomfortable and will roll/crawl, etc.. So suffocation really isn't an issue I'm worried about anymore. I just don't like to cosleep, I don't sleep as well and he's a sweaty little space heater. But whatever I have to do to get some sleep I'm not going to feel guilty about.
  • BabyBugutskyBabyBugutsky member
    edited June 2016
    Thanks so much. I felt so bad! I'm glad I'm not the only who has gone through sone thing like that! It was the worst feeling. Exhaustion is not fun.
  • Loading the player...
  • I do this all the time.. But on purpose. When LO wakes up in the middle of the night I bring her into bed with me and nurse her until we both fall asleep. I've been doing it since she was born. Nothing to beat yourself up over.
  • I've done it. We used to co-sleep but then he fell off the bed with hubby one time (he works nights I work days) so you'd think I'd learn but on Mothers Day he was up teething it was 3 am we laid down together and I woke with him on the floor. He woke up, got over the blankets and pillow barricade and crawled off the end of the bed. No more co sleeping for us. I miss it. So that's my only warning. They are old enough that you don't need to worry about the blankets much. 
    Missed Miscarriage 3/27 D&C 3/29/2012
  • vibarra27vibarra27 member
    edited June 2016
    It happened to me, but opposite with the boys. They were on my bed with me sleeping, while DH was watching tv in the living room. & in the morning they were in their own bassinet(around 3 months old). I asked DH if he put them in their bassinets & he said no that by morning they were already there. I felt the same way as you. Till this day i still dont know how i put my boys in their beds. I mean @ that time i was up every 1.5 hours due to pumping & them eating every 3 hours & each took half an hour to eat. So i would get maybe 3/4 hours a night(if i got lucky). 

I dont completely blame myself, but i know how you feel. You're tired momma, so dont blame yourself for being tired. Being a mom is hard work& youre not alone in this.  I think weve all done it @ some point. Hope you get rest soon & hope LO feels better soon.
  • Thanks ladies. I'm feeling better. I'm dealing with postpartum depression and bad anxiety so I over think and worry a lot! But I was ehausted and didn't mean to keep him in bed with us that long. He's fine minus his cold today. But it seems that's going away which means back to better sleeps! 
  • Just this morning hubby plopped baby in bed and went to get a bottle. I was still snoozing until I heard a thud and then screaming. 
  • My guy has fallen off the bed too. When he was around 6 months I think. I cried for almost an hour. So he hasnt slept in our bed since then. But when he's sick I make an exception if he's super fussy and won't sleep. Accidents happen though! 
  • ems028ems028 member
    A few weeks ago my LO was very difficult to put down in her cot..but i managed it one night.  The next morning I woke up and she was beside me...couldn't remember picking her up.or anything!

Sleep deprivation is scary!
  • ems028 said:
    A few weeks ago my LO was very difficult to put down in her cot..but i managed it one night.  The next morning I woke up and she was beside me...couldn't remember picking her up.or anything!

Sleep deprivation is scary!
    Agreed!!
  • It's happened to me/us more than I'd like to admit.  It always freaks me out too.  It's never been a dangerous situation, but I still can't figure out why I can't remember.  
  • HUGS! Don't panic, that's totally okay. I ended up co-sleeping (using as many guidelines as I can feasibly manage) that way after I had to deal with separation anxiety, a developmental leap, teething AND a darn cold (our second that month). I was on a handful of hours of sleep. No backup, no help, on my own. I wasn't exhausted but I was getting close.

As long as you have learnt what might be dangers, try to avoid them and perhaps read up on cosleeping guidelines you should be okay to try and manage this. Occasionally co-sleeping is okay if you are desperate. An exhausted momma is of no use to your LO.