Trouble TTC
Options

Cancelled ivf cycle :( where's my period

Hi everyone, I started my first ivf cycle in may only to have it cancelled 4 days into stimming due to poor response. I was on gonal f injections 225ui. I'm now 3 days late for my period and wondering what's going on? I have read that it may be delayed but hoping for a bfp although besides being an emotional mess I have no symptoms to lead me to believe I'm actually pregnant. I will take a test soon but just wondering if anyone has experienced this and if so, when did their period come back? 

Re: Cancelled ivf cycle :( where's my period

• Options
    I'm sorry to hear about all of that! *hugs*  my first ivf we went all the way to surgery but didn't do a transfer because we need embryo testing, and it took a few days for me to get my period. I don't know if it's different because you stopped much earlier, but I imagine it would be (I didn't have to start meds to delay my ovulation with the that cycle until day 11 or 12 I think.

I'm also someone who doesn't respond well, so if you need someone to talk to I am here!

TTC since 2011

• Options
    Sorry to hear about your cancelled ivf cycle.  I don't have any experience with this but I certainly use a home pregnancy test any time my period is late.  So far of course it's just been late and I get a negative but it doesn't stop me from testing.  It's usually just that I ovulated late therefore am getting my period a few days later than usual.

Married since 2011

TTC since Oct 2014
    DOR + MFI
    3 failed IUIs; IVF August 2017
    FET January 2018 - BFP
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Thank you ladies, just knowing your not alone helps. I thought going through 3 failed iui's was stressful and emotional enough, but this has definitely been the hardest thing. I did test this morning and unfortunately it was bfn  :( I guess it's just a waiting game for now and will contact my RE if nothing happens soon.