July 2015 Moms

Naps

How many naps does your LO take a day? We were with my FIL last night. He said, "You're tired, why? Mommy told me you already had a nap."  When I  told him that she has multiple naps in a day he asked why again. I responded,  "She is a baby."  Lol.

She usually has 1 or 2 naps a day. Sometimes she fights so much that I can't get her to take the second nap. I think he just doesn't understand that she is a baby still. For some reason he thought she was going to be able to eat a whole hamburger herself. Bun and all. 

Re: Naps

• My DD still usually takes two naps a day. The morning one is two to three hours and the afternoon one is 45 minutes to an hour and a half. Sometimes we push her a bit longer in the morning depending on my work schedule so she only gets one long nap. If we do that, she will nap three to four hours. As far as eating, she can pack away a lot of food but she still wouldn't eat a whole hamburger. He must just be forgetting how it is to have one that little.
  • 2 naps :) usually under a year they do 2 naps. That's funny your FIL is treating her like a toddler already or something :P no worries mama, baby is doing fine. 
  • Loading the player...
  • AKOL0AKOL0 member
    My DD still usually takes two naps a day. The morning one is two to three hours and the afternoon one is 45 minutes to an hour and a half. 
    Holy cow! You get hours? My LO will only go 30 mins to an hour for a nap. So most days I am lucky to get her to take a 30 min nap through the day. For night she sleeps from 730 to 4-6 (eat) and then back to sleep until 7 or 730. And through all of this, she is having a lot of growth spurts and still not really sleeping. 
  • @AKOL0 Yes I am very lucky she sleeps so well. In the hospital when she was born, the nurses would get after me to wake her every four hours to eat. When I brought her home, I would just let her sleep until she woke to feed. Sometimes she would go 6 hours. She has consistently slept through the night since around 10 to 12 weeks. Now, she sleeps from 9pm to 8am. She must have inherited it from me since I can never get enough sleep and 30 minute naps do me no good.
  • Mine takes 2 naps a day. The morning. One is usually 2 hours and the evening one is usually 1-2 hour as well then he sleeps from 8 to 8:30 pm to 7 am. He's a big boy though and has been walking since 8 1/2 months so when he's not sleepin he is on the move. 
  • Usually 2 naps a day but sometimes he will skip one and then we just put him down a bit earlier. The naps vary sometimes 30 minutes and sometimes an hour. With LO being more active i think he wears out pretty good
  • Most days, 2 naps. The morning nap is pretty consistently 1.5 hours long. Afternoon nap is trickier and can last anywhere from 30 min-1 hour. There have been a few times when she took a late morning nap and slept for 2 hours, and then skipped the afternoon nap, but that's not common for her.
    Anniversary 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • AKOL0AKOL0 member
    Today has been the first day in a long time that LO hasn't been having a growth spurt. During the spurt, like I said before, she only sleep an hour a day for naps. Today being back on normal schedule has had three naps. First was 30 mins, second was 45, and she is currently taking another nap that I hope will be another 45 mins.  I feel like my FIL would flip out that she needed 3 naps today. Lol. I really think it is crazy that some of your babies takes hour naps. 
  • n3na94n3na94 member
    edited June 2016
    My son takes 2-3 naps, the longest one being his morning nap which last from 1-2 1/2 hours, depending how much he sleep that night. Then his second nap is between 1-2pm and that last from 30 minutes to an 1 hour. And sometimes he does a final nap around 4-5, that only last around 30 minutes, but if he skips that nap my baby boy goes to bed early around 7-8pm. Every baby is different but I read an article that says babies grow when they sleep. So I guess sleeping is good for them, which is why sometimes for growth spurts try catching up on sleep! :smile: