TTC after 35

June check in!

Tell us: 

your first name (or your screen name, if you prefer) 

where you're from 

TTC#?

how many months/cycles you've been TTC

where you are at in your cycle

how you feel, plans, rants, anything cycle/TTC related.

gtky question: what are you most looking forward to this summer? 
Me: 39 SO: 36

Dx: low progesterone, possible DOR - officially "unexplained"

TTC#1 since November 2015
9/16/2016 IUI#1 - BFN
10/12/2016 IUI#2 - BFN
1/21/2017 Clomid/IUI#3 - BFN
March 2017 IVF: BFP! (beta#1 191, beta#2 378!) - it's a boy! DS born 12/6/2017

TTC #2 since July 2018
May 2019 IVF #2: BFP! (beta#1 346, beta#2 646) - vanishing twin at 8 weeks. Baby B still going strong - due 2/8/20!
Pregnancy Ticker

Re: June check in!

• thistle8677 in Oregon 

ttc#5 (#1 for fiancé) for 2 years (recurrent loss)

Cd13 waiting to ovulate after clomid challenge 
    Looks like 2-3 eggs will be released this month. 

We will regroup with RE next month to discuss treatment plan. Still waiting for my man's genetic results, karyotype, and Kallmann syndrome results. 

It's really really hard to sit this month out. I wish we could try, but after 4 consecutive early losses, the chances are if we do get pg, we will miscarry :(

I did also just find out that our insurance won't cover PGD or PGS (embryo testing), unless it's deemed genetically necessary. Recurrent miscarriage isn't enough of a reason. This terrifies me. 

I'm looking forward to some short trips out of town with the kids this summer. And I'm really thinking about selling my house and moving out of the city. 

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • @thistle8677 hang in there! Maybe if your fiance's test come with something genetic they will cover the testing? It's so hard to only have part of the labs back while trying to plan out future moves. You'll get through though :) (and we are here for you!) 

Jen, from Oregon

TTC#1 for 8 months 

CD 21/6DPO

I saw my PCP for a possible UTI and he made a comment about it being "nearly time to consider interventions" with TTC. It made me feel like we are just going through the motions until we reach the 12 month mark and start doing IUI. At this stage I don't have high hopes for a BFP, but I'm sure next week I'll be noticing every twinge. You know, the usual. Haha

I'm looking forward to work being slower and camping!! We only went camping once last summer and made a vow to do more this time around. (Maybe I'm just excited for the s'mores...)
    Me: 39 SO: 36

Dx: low progesterone, possible DOR - officially "unexplained"

TTC#1 since November 2015
    9/16/2016 IUI#1 - BFN
    10/12/2016 IUI#2 - BFN
    1/21/2017 Clomid/IUI#3 - BFN
    March 2017 IVF: BFP! (beta#1 191, beta#2 378!) - it's a boy! DS born 12/6/2017

TTC #2 since July 2018
    May 2019 IVF #2: BFP! (beta#1 346, beta#2 646) - vanishing twin at 8 weeks. Baby B still going strong - due 2/8/20!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Jenn from PA

TTC #1 on and off since 9/2014

CD27/ 14 or 15 DPO

I'm starting to wonder if/when we should have the discussion about treatment options.  Once we heard from the RE that our labs are all normal and all of the treatment options were reviewed, H didn't really want to talk about which options he would want to go for vs. which ones he might be against trying, but at some point soon we need to talk about how serious we are about having a child.  As each month goes by, it becomes such a chore.  It would be nice to live a normal life again at some point.  Our whole marriage has consisted of this, so it's just taking its toll.  At dinner last night H asked me if I "felt" pregnant.  I told him no, but I don't know how it feels to be pregnant(!)  and told him that some women have no symptoms for a while, so who knows.  I try to put a little positive spin on it for him.

This summer I'm looking forward to some mini road trips.  We have none planned but we will eventually decide we need to get out of town and plan something.  H has more vacation now so maybe a full vacation is in order, but we are also wanting to get some major stuff done on our house so an extravagant vacay might be out of the question.

Good luck everyone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Me: 41
    Husband: 40
    TTC#1 since 9/2014
    Unexplained Infertility - Trying naturally
  • Momifbysea from, at the moment, Iowa (NY prior to this temp move last year)

TTC #2 for 6 months

somewhere mid cycle but taking break from tracking as DH is gone for work all summer

plan with my new gyn here in Iowa is to give it 2 more months after he gets home end of August and then RE referral after that

as much as this is a tough single parent summer here where I hardly know anybody, I'm looking forward to some road trips with my 2-yo DD and seeing my parents in Kansas since we temporarily live so close to them! And of course the famous Iowa State Fair in August!
  • Jill from MI (Me: 35, DH:37)

TTC #3

Month 1/Cycle 1

I don't track very well, but I think I am 2-3 dpo

I am very scared about ttc at 35. I am just experiencing a lot of fears that I didn't even think about the first 2 times.

I am looking forward to going to Mackinaw Island, MI, for the first time in like 20 years!

Me: 36;  DH: 38
    DD: 7; DS1: 4; DS2 due 6-21-17!
    **TW**
    MMC & D&C Aug 2016
  • Slgill from KS

TTC #2

Off/on since August 2015

Waiting for my monthly cycle

For the most part, I am feeling pretty good. I actually lost a lot of weight due to some meds so hopefully that helps. My husband has also been around on a more consistent basis so we can try or at least be pregnant by the time he deploys again in October. 

We just came back from vacation. We went to the beach with family. My parents rented a house right on the beach and we had lots of fun swimming, shopping, went on the ferry to another beach and more shopping, eating! It's so hot outside, we are thinking of taking a day trip to a water park. 
  • Chloe from Chicago
    TTC #1 after 2 losses

Started TTC 9/2015- 1st MC was in November, 2nd D&C was in mid-May

It seems like I may be starting CD 1 tomorrow. I haven't had a normal period since September, but I'm cramping and spotting today. This seems like my most normal period in awhile.

Because I'm 37 and was dealing with hormonal inbalances, I had an RE consult after my 1st MC. The RE wanted to start testing right away but then I got pregnant. I get pregnant easily, but I seem to be ovulating bad eggs and have long doomed pregnancies (10 and 13 weeks respectively). I'm going to get the Cd 3 test and from my OB, but I'm hemming and hawing about the HSG and other tests the RE wanted me to get. I want to give my body the best chance of ovulating a good egg, so I'm waiting another cycle. Just trying to figure out what to do. 

• Good luck @chloe97...I just recently went through the workup with an RE, and everything looked good until I did the clomid challenge and my FSH fell into the "borderline" category.
    I've suffered 4 losses over 2 years now....with an almost year stint of not being able to get pg at all.

Take the time you need. There's empowerment in knowing where you stand..it's also huge to think about moving forward with science. It's been hard for me to accept.

Thinking of you. 

• Kathleen in GA

TTC #1 since early 2015.  I've had 8 IUIs, and 2 IVFs that were cancelled and converted to IUI.

I'm 6dpo/dpiui.  Too soon for symptom-spotting.

I'm honestly grieving.  This was the last try with my own ovaries.  After this, we move on to reciprocal IVF using my wife's eggs and my uterus, which is something that's really cool, but still.  I don't expect anything from this cycle, and I'm about to retire my ovaries.

This summer?  I am going to drink ALL THE ALCOHOL.  I've barely had any cocktails for the last year and a half.  I will remedy that.  But in moderation, because I'll also be trying to lose some more weight (I lost about 15 pounds between my two IVF attempts).  And by mid-August, we'll go back to barely drinking, because we want to give my wife's ovaries a chance to be super healthy before we go for the next step in late Nov (when our known donor's sperm comes out of quarantine).

We'll also travel, and kayak, and find fun things to do that have nothing to do with TTC.
    Me- 39 (turning 40 in April), TTC for the first time ever (since Jan 2015), low ovarian reserve
    Married 3/14/14 to my wonderful wife, but her sperm count is rather low
    TTC with frozen donor sperm and science

7 IUIs, 7 BFNs.
    2 IVF attempts, both cancelled and converted to IUI, both BFNs.
    Decided that my tired old ovaries are ready to retire.
    Next step- reciprocal IVF, using my wife's eggs, my uterus!  
    fresh 5 day transfer (2 embryos) 4/17/17- BFP! 
    Identical twins "due" 1/2/17 (but anticipated arrival sometime December)

• I've got everything crossed for you @KLake42
    xoxo
  • edited June 2016
    Hey ladies... as i mentioned in my intro post i am a few months shy of 35 so I hope it's ok i'm here

your first name (or your screen name, if you prefer)  Cyndie

where you're from  AZ

TTC#? 1

how many months/cycles you've been TTC: 17 months

where you are at in your cycle: CD 17 & 1DPIUI 

how you feel, plans, rants, anything cycle/TTC related: I woke up this morning feeling really bloated and sick all day- i'm not symptom spotting since obviously the IUI was just done yesterday so i just hope i'm not coming down with anything

gtky question: what are you most looking forward to this summer?  BBQs and swimming!! good food and water - doesn't get better than that in Arizona lol

i'm excited to meet all you ladies here!
    Me: 36 years old   DH: 42 years old
    Married: 05.2012  
    TW:
    TTC #1 Since April 2016
    HSG/FSH/AMH/E2/SA all normal DX: unexplained IF

spontaneous BFP 01/01/2017-  Alexander was born sleeping 04/13/2017 at 19w1d  ic/chorio
    September 2017 HSG #2 & Gonal-F/Femara/Ovidrel/IUI #1 = ep (Salpingectomy of left fallopian tube)
    spontaneous BFP 01/02/2018  EDD Aug 30th  It's a GIRL!
    Cerclage placed on 03/02BabyFruit Ticker  Cerclage removal 08/02