June 2016 Moms
Options

FFFC 6/10

At this point in our pregnancies, I feel like some of us could use a distraction (myself included). Let's hear 'em!
DD1: June '16 DD2: March ‘19 :::: Married since 2011 :::: USN Wife ::::

Re: FFFC 6/10

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    My FFFC- Baby is measuring in the 90th percentile. I'm going for the second growth scan on Monday to determine how big baby is, and what my chance of a successful vaginal delivery is.

I'm 38+6 today, not thinned or dilated at all and baby's head is still high. My practice doesn't induce until 41 weeks unless medically necessary. Having a possibly 10-11 pound baby vagunally terrifies me!

My confession is that as much as I wanted to have a natural, unmedicated birth I have really come around to, and sort of even like, the idea of a planned c-section late next week.
    Me (31) & DH (32)
    Married 9/27/2014
    DD Born 6/23/16
    Baby #2 Due 3/7/20
  • Options
    meggyme said:
    Although I'm really excited to meet my baby girl, I hope she waits until after 6/13 because DH and I have tickets to a Bob Dylan concert and I really want to go! My water can break as we're leaving the concert for all I care, but I wanna go!
    The cure came to Denver the 5th and I was due the 6th so I didn't get tickets and was super bummed. If I had realized I wouldn't have been having him until today I would have gone.
  • Options
    My FFFC- Baby is measuring in the 90th percentile. I'm going for the second growth scan on Monday to determine how big baby is, and what my chance of a successful vaginal delivery is.

I'm 38+6 today, not thinned or dilated at all and baby's head is still high. My practice doesn't induce until 41 weeks unless medically necessary. Having a possibly 10-11 pound baby vagunally terrifies me!

My confession is that as much as I wanted to have a natural, unmedicated birth I have really come around to, and sort of even like, the idea of a planned c-section late next week.
    The scans are notoriously inaccurate.  Less than 24 hours before her birth at 7lb 15oz, an ultrasound predicted my daughter to be 9+ pounds. 
  • Options
    Rosehip15 said:

The scans are notoriously inaccurate.  Less than 24 hours before her birth at 7lb 15oz, an ultrasound predicted my daughter to be 9+ pounds. 
    True. I'm also measuring significantly ahead as well, hopefully the 2 growth scans and 2 OB appointments within 4 days will give us a more accurate idea.
    Me (31) & DH (32)
    Married 9/27/2014
    DD Born 6/23/16
    Baby #2 Due 3/7/20
  • Options
    Tawny87 said:
    meggyme said:
    Although I'm really excited to meet my baby girl, I hope she waits until after 6/13 because DH and I have tickets to a Bob Dylan concert and I really want to go! My water can break as we're leaving the concert for all I care, but I wanna go!
    The cure came to Denver the 5th and I was due the 6th so I didn't get tickets and was super bummed. If I had realized I wouldn't have been having him until today I would have gone.
    I did pay the extra non-refundable $20 for travel insurance, just in case.
    DD1: June '16 DD2: March ‘19 :::: Married since 2011 :::: USN Wife ::::
  • Options
    @Tawny87 I didn't get Cure tickets for basically the same reason, it was a few hours from home and after the date I'd already had my first son so I was too scared to go, but seeing all the pictures of people I know there made me really sad.