Pregnant after a Loss

Induction tentatively scheduled!

I've been kind of MIA here mostly bc there hasn't been anything to report. Which is definitely a good thing! I'll be 38 weeks tomorrow. My OB wants to schedule my induction for a week from Monday, June 20. Holy cow. That's SO close! I have two boys and wasn't induced with either one but they were both big and my OB wants to avoid and even bigger baby this way and not risk shoulder dystocia. I'm a little freaked about how different an induction will be from natural labor. Any advice or words of wisdom?
BabyFetus Ticker

Re: Induction tentatively scheduled!

• I have no advice but good luck!

Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker
  • I haven't been on this board much lately, either. I can't help, but wanted to wish you luck with your induction! 
    TTC#1 since Jan 2015
    BFP 2/19/15  •  MMC found at 9 wks  •  D&E at 11 wks (age 36)
    BFP 8/29/15
      •  CP (age 37)
    BFP 11/18/15  •  DD born at 41 weeks <3(age 37/38)

TTC#2 since May 2017
    BFP 10/18/17  •  MMC found at 8 wks  •  Misoprostal at 10.5 wks (age 39)

BFP 2/16/18
      •  CP (age 39)
    BFP 4/13/18
      •  CP (age 39)
    BFP 5/07/18  •  MMC found at 10.5 wks  •  D&E at 11.5 wks 
    •  Testing showed it was a girl with Trisomy 22. (age 39/40)
    9/5/18 Diagnosed with diminished ovarian reserve (4-5 follicles, one ovary had none and was very atrophied)

RE says the low egg count is likely causing my recurrent pregnancy loss. Less eggs results in more aneuploidy.

BFP 9/24/18  • 
    CP (age 40)
    BFP 5/11/19  •  Fraternal twins  •  MMC found at 10w5d (Baby A 6w, Baby B 10w)  •  Misoprostal at 11 weeks (age 41)

• Loading the player...
  • Well it will be planned at least :) unfortunately no advice my 2nd child refused to come when they induced me... She had her own plans to wait 9 more days for St. Patrick's day :) good luck! Stay positive! 
  • So close! I've been induced twice. Both went really smoothly. Do you know how you'll be induced? With my first I was already 5 cm dilated so the midwife broke my water and I started having contractions shortly after. No need for any other interventions. With my stillborn daughter I had 3 rounds of cervadil overnight which got me to 3 cm then pitocin was started in the morning. 

BabyFruit Ticker

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

• I'm so sorry for your loss. I can't remember what it was called but my ob said he would insert a pill to try and get contractions going. No pitocin. So hopefully I'll just be close enough to going on my own that that will be enough. Thanks for the feedback!!
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • @rkrichey The cervadil is a pill placed in the cervix to soften it, there's also another one that does same thing but has a different name. If your body is ready that usually does the trick! 

BabyFruit Ticker

• Good luck tomorrow @rkrichey! I hope your induction goes smoothly!

BabyFruit Ticker

• Thank you @waterfall213! I'm at the hospital just waiting for things to happen. Looks like it might be a long day!
    BabyFetus Ticker