July 2016 Moms
Options

thursday ticker change

How many weeks are you? Size comparison?

34 weeks today, gosh. Baby is the size of a butternut squash.

Doing anything baby related this week?

Got some of the nursery décor yesterday. Hopefully we can hang it up this weekend! The nursery is really coming together. Also have my doc appointment today.

Rants/Raves/Symptoms?

Very itchy belly! I've been using some gold bond menthol lotion which seems to help though. Also, every evening around bedtime I seem to develop hives patches on my upper legs -- weird. I think I'm just overheating or something. Benedryl seems to help at least.

GTKY #1: Do you have a name picked out? Share if you like!

Charles Evan. Will probably call him Charlie.

GTKY #2: Do you have a formal birth plan put together?

NO! I plan on laboring in the comfort of my own home as long as possible. I am only 15 minutes away from the hospital (max) so I have the luxury of doing this. I think that this is the only way to prevent unwanted interventions from happening. I feel like my birth experience last time wasn't even my own, so it's my goal to take it back this time!

Re: thursday ticker change

• Options

33 weeks - Celery!

Continuing with hypnobabies classes and practice.  We are finally starting to decorate the nursery... We weren't going to do any themes but a friend of mine is having a baby too and she's doing a baby bot theme.  My husband thought that was the greatest thing ever so now we are stealing their idea :)

Rants/Raves/Symptoms?

I've been doing great this whole pregnancy - going to the gym and keeping up my activity.  But as of last week I've started to get to the point where I really can't stand or walk for more than 15/20 minutes without my lower back hurting like a mother.  So I'm having to switch up my routine.  Trying to do more swimming instead of my usual gym classes.

Sort of. My husband is sold on one particular one. I really like the meaning - but not so much the name itself.  We've been really stumped. Who knows, I may end up warming up to this name...

No but we do plan to put one together.  The hospital we are going to isn't great at knowing how to support natural births, so we are going to have to be very particular about what we do and do not want.  Luckily we'll have a doula who will also advocate for us and we also plan on laboring at home for as long as possible!

• Options

36. a foot long sub. MMMmmmmmm.

All the baby things. When I have energy. Which is never. 

Rants/Raves/Symptoms?

Trying not to puke because of this insane heartburn. If the theory is those with a lot of heartburn will have a baby with a lot of hair at birth, this little girl will need a haircut when shes born. 

Layla Grace.

Yes, but mainly between me and my doula. There will be a short one for nurses and drs just pretty much saying I'm willing to work hard for the unmedicated birth I'm wanting and to please not push pain medications and allow mother directed pushing. I also want to labor at home as long as possible. 

• Loading the player...
  • Options

34. Cabbage baby!

I have twice-weekly appointments now. A biophysical profile and a non stress test are done at each. 

Rants/Raves/Symptoms?

The transitions from sitting to standing, standing to walking, and rolling over in bed are brutal. My hips and pelvis want me dead. Doing all three in a row several times in the middle of the night? NO, PLEASE STOP, NO!

Ada Rose! 

Nope. I also plan on laboring at home for as long as possible, as we are less than a mile away from the hospital. But so far my only plan is an effing epidural. 

• Options

we got audited at work today so I haven't been online all day.  I feel so behind 

33 weeks today. Size of celery it seems  

Not really.  More cleaning and organizing this weekend.  Discusses maternity leave with my boss some.  I also ordered my dress for maternity pics and my baby shower. 

Rants/Raves/Symptoms?

nausea is here full force and I'm not digging it.  I'm not sure but I also think I'm having some BH contractions.  Also soooo tired and irritable. 

Lukas Caden. We are spelling Lukas with a K since it's the German spelling and my hubby is German 

Nope. All I want is drugs. The rest is go with the flow. Just so long as Lukas gets here alright 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

34 weeks- Basketball Hoop 

Well, last weekend we got the guest bed for the nursery and a window AC unit.  Slow and steady wins the race, right? Oh, I also started preparing our room since baby will be sleeping there for a few months. 

Rants/Raves/Symptoms?

I'm starting to wonder if some of these BH's are actual contractions... but I'm going to start having NSTs at every appointment starting next week, so we'll see! Having some nausea but not sure if it's GD related or just pregnancy.  

Our girl is going to be Sutton Hope.  We've kept it private with family, so it's nice to share! 

Nope, my hospital doesn't accept birth plans.  Their practices are pretty close to what I would choose anyway, and my experience with DD1 was great.