August 2016 Moms

NBR....... Thirsty Thursday!!

I've been craving a lime margarita for weeks now!!! I want all the salt, lime, and tequila all to myself!!!! Some Days I think this will probably be me as soon as baby is here!! 

What's the adult drink you've been missing?? 
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: NBR....... Thirsty Thursday!!

• Of course after 2 sips, I will be out!! 
  • Just a nice frothy Nitro poured milk stout!
  • Loading the player...
  • either a coffee or cinnamon milk shot :)
  • A frozen peach daquiri. Or a nice cold shot of Russian vodka... Okay, more so the vodka. 
  • Wine. And I crave margaritas even though I don't drink tequila...
  • Wine, or a gin and tonic with lime now that it's hot out.
    BabyFruit Ticker

• DH made himself a drink last Sunday during the rainy afternoon while we were hanging around in our PJs. This is all I could see:

BabyFruit Ticker
  • DH was going to buy Grapefruit Shandy last weekend and I asked him to put it back. That sounds so delish right now! 
  • Mike's Hard Lemonade. It's been at every family get together so far lol
  • Wine, big time! Especially if I'm having a great meal at a nice restaurant (or cooking one at home). Also, while I only rarely drink these, margaritas. We were in Santa Fe for Memorial Day weekend and they just looked so yummy at all the New Mexican restaurants. So frosty and green and refreshing... sigh. I had one sip of DH's marg and it was heavenly. 
  • Wine and white russians! That what I drank before, and they still sound good now. During my second pregnancy I craved bloody marys, and I don't like those lol. 
  • bbyTbbyT member
    A margarita!!!
    I have been craving that since day one, and I don't even drink. I used to smoke and you think I would be craving that, but I just want a margarita!!!!! (so in the same boat as most of you ladies!!) 
  • Margaritas do sound great. It's so hot out, so definitely something cold. A nice wine slushee also sounds delightful.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • I have virgin daquiris, Virgin Mary's, and NA beer quite frequently, and they all taste the same as alcoholic things so I don't crave those as much! 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @tmk0325 I've also been having NA beer and agree. The only one I like so far though is O'Doul's Amber. 

Lately, all I've been wanting is a shandy. It's summer and they are my favorite summer drink. 
  • Pretty much any kind of frozen slushee drink at this point. It's so hot out a pina colada or daiquiri would be amazing. 
  • Beer!  Definitely miss Shiner Light Blonde.  
  • I thought I would miss wine the most but nope, it's actually beer. I kinda like the O'Doul's although I think that has more to do with forgetting what a good beer tastes like. I will occasionally sneak a small sip when my hubby drinks a beer I like. 

Honestly though, I gave up Coke when I got my GD diagnosis and I'm looking forward to having one of those again more than alcohol. 
  • @Mfuller76 before I got pregnant I drank diet soda but switched to regular because of the artificial sweeteners. Now that I have GD I've switched back to diet soda and I actually like some of them better in diet. Coke Zero is pretty close to regular coke if you've never tried it!
  • I would love a watermelon margarita! And I really want to try Orange Cream Ale. 

Me (32) DH (34) | |
    BFP #1 4/5/12 | Natural m/c on 4/18/12 (6w1d)
    BFP #2 8/23/12 | DS born 5/3/13
    BFP #3 12/6/15 | DD born 8/23/16
    BFP #4 2/22/19 | EDD 10/28/19
  • jacerujaceru member
    a margarita as well! or a hard cider.  I miss going out for happy hour after work with my girl friends and now that its nice out, I miss it so much more. 
  • A good Belgian blonde. 

Moscato

a fruity frozen margarita

last night I was out with friends and got a bay breeze, hold the Malibu. I know it was just cranberry juice with a splash of pineapple but it was SO close to my beloved summer cocktail. 
  • A Mexican Bulldog or some Stella Rosa

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Vodka Cranberry and Budlight. I can't wait for that 1st sip of either!!
    34 Mother of 4 year old and 2 Labs. Happily Married to my Hubs of 6 years.
  • Red wine. And bud light lime. 
  • The idea of most alcohol makes me want to gag right now buuuut I guess I could take a few shots of ice cold fireball if I had to get the party started B) 
  • I just said to DH how awesome a margarita sounded. We were working in the vacinity of a Mexican restaurant and I could smell the homemade tortilla chips being fried up. Oh man, homemade chips, salsa, and margarita. Bring on the salt!

I didn't drink after I had DD until she was over 2 (due to BFing). That was a long stretch from pregnancy. We'll see how far I make it this time. I felt too guilty to drink and BF, even if I waited until it was out of my system. I guess I never craved it that badly. 
  • @Mrsrundell yes !! Ice cold fireball. Yummyyyy and maybe a daquiri.oh and a pineapple upside down shot.oh and a vodka cranberry . Jesus I sound like an alcoholic .....I swear when you only drink a few times a year then sudden you can't even if you wanted to ,everything sounds yummy lol 

• Wine. And I crave margaritas even though I don't drink tequila...
    I've found the using lemon flavored rum with Margarita mix creates a delightful frozen mixed drink without the need for tequila.

I hadn't thought about alcohol in a while, but now I'm remembering my perfected pomegranate martini recipe, so refreshing.
  • Mostly Wine but I am also missing dirty martini w/blue cheese olives and Bloody Mary's. I have made a few NA Bloody Mary's so far. 
  • amarfeo17amarfeo17 member
    edited June 2016
    Oh how I miss my margaritas! We belong to a local farm share in our area and this week is strawberry picking week. You have not lived until you've had a strawberry margarita with fresh picked strawberries! My plan is to pick extra and freeze them so that I can still have one after the baby is born! Is it bad that I want to do this as soon as I get home from the hospital? LOL 

Edited because this app sucks! 
  • Mostly Wine but I am also missing dirty martini w/blue cheese olives and Bloody Mary's. I have made a few NA Bloody Mary's so far. 
    We need to go drinking together! All of my favs!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Oh my god, everything. I never drink to the point of getting drunk, but DH and I are a 'glass of wine in the evening' kind of couple. It's been torture watching him sip on that while I'm stuck with club soda - especially when we go out. I also love a cocktail when we're out to dinner - anything that's not super sweet. I can't wait to sit on our patio with a glass of wine after this baby is out!

• I didn't drink after I had DD until she was over 2 (due to BFing). That was a long stretch from pregnancy. We'll see how far I make it this time. I felt too guilty to drink and BF, even if I waited until it was out of my system. I guess I never craved it that badly. 
    My lactation consultant always went by the "if you're ok to drive, you're ok to nurse" theory.  And said it takes a while to even hit your breastmilk (and even then was diluted).  I know everyone has their "thing" but just giving my perspective on this.