July 2016 Moms
Options

Twatwaffle Tuesday

2»

Re: Twatwaffle Tuesday

• Options
    driver are my tw. if I am kind enough to let you get in front of me because you ignore all the construction signs that are telling you your lane is about to end, I deserve a thank you-wave, damnit!
  • Options
    @sboston06 that is the pain I have been having for the past few months. I just assumed it was an atypical presentation of sciatica. Hope yours feels better  soon! 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Current TWs are my OB office and my hospital...I guess? I was told to pre-register for the hospital. I know I did this last time, pretty sure OB gave me some paper forms and I returned them. This time, they give me this paper slip with directions for registering on the website. Um, no. Totally doesn't work.

So at the OB they say, no problem, we'll have the hospital mail you the forms. Nope, never came, and it's been several weeks. So I go back on the website and now the link is completely unfindable. So I call the hospital. Get rerouted to 4 different people. They say the OB office needs to fax the registration info in.

Ummkay. Thanks everyone for wasting my damn time. If I don't ever get preregistered oh well, I'm showing up at the hospital and they'd better take me.
    DD1: Born January 2013
    DD2: Due July 12, 2016
    Two rescue dogs 

BabyFruit Ticker

July 2016 - July Siggy: Weird Hot Dog Situations
  • Options
    @shanparadise That really stinks, I'm sorry that you have to deal with this right now. I'm sure that your sister will understand that you are doing what you need to do to keep your babies healthy. Prayers that they stay put as long as possible.
  • Options
    @sboston06 that sounds like what I have- pubic symphysis diastasis. Basically I've produced too much of the hormone Relaxin so my hips are moving too much. There's different degrees of it, but at it's worse you can end up with dislocated hips (which I'm currently on the edge of). The only thing that has helped me is a brace. This thing is amazeballs. It hasn't completely fixed it, but it's holding me together enough that I'm not dislocating my hips getting in and out of the car (which I did a couple of weeks ago). I got told not to let a physio/massage therapist touch me because with all the relaxin in my system they can actually permanently stretch my muscles and they won't go back. The only real treatment is birth, after which everything should go back to it's normal location.

Little boy due July 31st 2016

• Options
    @mandyjulie That is kind of the same thing that I am dealing with, with my hospital. For my DD, we did the tour and then at the end, they brought us all into a conference room and had us fill out the pre-registration paperwork and turn it in right then. They were there to help us with any questions and whatnot. Well, now I am delivering at a different hospital, and I am getting the run around. At my OB appointment, she said that they only had paperwork for hospital X and hospital Y, but not hospital Z. So we went on the tour and the guide said that we had to have it filled out. I asked if they had any copies of it to hand out, because my OB didn't have the paperwork and the guide said "The hospital doesn't hand them out. They actually don't accept them here either. I don't know why they have it set up that way." Ummm.....okay. So then I told my OB about it again, and she thought it was really weird. During one of my appointments, she asked what hospital I was going to deliver at, and I told her hospital Z, and it was put into my chart. So they already know that I am going to be delivering there through the computer system.

I ended up calling my friend, who's dad delivers babies for Kaiser (I am going to be delivering at a Kaiser hospital), and she also delivered at the hospital where I will be delivering....and asked her about it. She said her dad is stumped, but when she delivered....she just went into the hospital and the nurse asked questions and the needed paperwork was filled out right then (she never did the pre-registration paperwork). I told her I wasn't going to continue hunting for paperwork, that they say we need to have filled out, but then they don't have any for anyone to actually fill out and then don't accept the paperwork in the first place. I do remember that when I had DD at the other hospital, I had already done the paperwork, went in to be induced, and they ended up asking me the same questions that I remember filling out on the preregistration paperwork. This time I am going in to have a RCS, and I am not even going to bother with the registration paperwork until I get there. They can just ask me the questions, and I will just answer them....but I am not going to continue with the run around just to find a silly piece of paper that apparently doesn't really exist, but is "needed".
  • Options
    @PhoebeJune1984   Yep, my Dr. told me to be sure to preregister, I went and filled out all my paperwork, then the lady says casually, oh, you'll probably have to fill all this out again when you arrive for your RCS. Ummm, what?!? 
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
  • Options
    setoshsetosh member
    TW is work. We had over 100 prescriptions to fill all day. My co-workers are lazy and don't understand that when it is 5 and I get off at 5 I am going to leave. Sorry not sorry that I left a line of people in drive thru and about 50 scripts to
    put away. Y'all wouldn't relieve me from my post so I hope you enjoyed it! I am counting down the days until maternity leave. 
  • Options
    @mandyjulie @PhoebeJune1984 on our hospital tour, the guide explained that pre-registration basically just expedited the process for when you actually come in, in labor,  so you don't have to stand there and do a bunch of paperwork. My midwives office never actually told me I needed to pre-reg,  so I felt like a dummy on the tour,  but I was able to go online and do it that way a few weeks ago. Sorry you guys are getting the runaround! 

Is anyone with Kaiser insurance familiar with what needs to be done to get the required "pre-authorization" for the hospital stay for delivery?  My plan docs don't specify if it's just something the OB office will do or if there is actually some sort of form/process I have to follow... And I hate calling their customer service line because I end up sitting on hold for 20 minutes every time I call. 
  • Options
    erin7264 said:
    Is anyone with Kaiser insurance familiar with what needs to be done to get the required "pre-authorization" for the hospital stay for delivery?  My plan docs don't specify if it's just something the OB office will do or if there is actually some sort of form/process I have to follow... And I hate calling their customer service line because I end up sitting on hold for 20 minutes every time I call. 
    I have Kaiser, and I didn't do any pre-authorization stuff for when I had DD. I just had her, and got a bill a month later. They never even mentioned one to me. I mean, they have all of your records and know eventually the baby is going to come out, but not the exact day/time (even if it is a RCS, plans could change), so I don't know what more they would need other than it being in your records that you are pregnant and obviously going to deliver at some point. The only paperwork I filled out (hospital wise) was the pre-registration paperwork, and with this kid, I am not even doing that (because like I stated in my other comment....nobody even knows where this paperwork is....HAHA!). If you don't want to deal with calling in, and you have an appointment with your OB sometime soon....I would just ask them about it.