Ovulating Twice after Miscarriage? Is this Normal?? — The Bump
Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss

Ovulating Twice after Miscarriage? Is this Normal??

So I had a MC on 5/6. Still haven't gotten AF but on 5/27 my clear blue fertility had the solid smiley. Sunday, 6/5 I had a lot of CM so I said let me see what the OPK says... And there was a solid smiley again? Is this normal? I dont temp because I get up a few times at night to use the bathroom..

Re: Ovulating Twice after Miscarriage? Is this Normal??

• Sorry for your loss.  I have never used OPKs, but I think that they will also give a positive if you have HCG in your system.  Have you tested (either POAS or beta blood draws) to see if your HCG is down to zero?  If not, that could be it.  
    About me:
    /loss mentioned/
    TTC#1 July 2014
    dx: MFI (morphology)
    IUI #1 w/Clomid + Ovidrel Sept. 2015 ~ BFN
    IUI #2 w/Clomid + Ovidrel Halloween 2015 ~ BFN
    IUI #3 w/Clomid + Ovidrel Thanksgiving 2015 ~ BFP!!
    hb 146 bpm at 7w5d
    1/28/16 ~ began to say goodbye to our beautiful baby at 11w 
    d&c, followed by cytotec
    TTCAL April 2016
    IUI #4 w/Clomid + Ovidrel Apr. 2016 ~ BFN
    IUI #5 w/Clomid + Ovidrel ~ CP
    IUI#6 w/Clomid + Ovidrel ~ BFN
  • I am sorry for your loss. Prior to my MC, I would get multiple positive OPKs in a cycle, usually a week or so apart. I was diagnosed with PCOS, so I think this is why, but the only way I can know for sure if I O'ed to to temp. I think @BrightenMySky  is right too, that HCG can turn a opk as well. 

• Loading the player...
  • pce515pce515
    First Comment Photogenic
    Hi, Sorry I forgot to mention, I had my HCG drawn and it was down to 0.. a week prior, my OPK was showing me a O, which means low fertility.. So I am so confused.
  • Sugargirl1019Sugargirl1019
    5000 Comments Sixth Anniversary 500 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited June 2016
    You can have multiple LH surges without actually ovulating.  Remember that OPKs detect LH. The only way to confirm ovulation is temping (or ultrasound). You most likely had another LH surge as ovulating twice a cycle in humans is not scientifically accepted and has very little research on it.

Me: 27 years old            DH: 27 years old
    Type 1 Diabetes since 2001, MTHFR hetero A1298T
    Dogs: Raider 4 yrs, Dex 4 yrs
    Married in July 2014
    TTC #1 since late Feb 2016
    BFP #1 3/29/16     MMC: 5/5/16
    BFP #2 7/6/16    SCH, D&C 8/4/16
    BFP #3 12/26/16     EDD: 9/6/17
    My Chart / My Diabetes/Pregnancy Blog
    My Type 1/TTC/Pregnancy Podcast: 
    Juicebox Podcast Episode 118
    A1Cs:
    1/12/16 6.7%
    5/25/16 6.0%
    11/2/16 6.1%
    3/22/16 5.8%
    4/27/17 5.4%
    6/13/17 5.3%

"Sugar Fancy Tutu"
    rainbowturtles
  • olivia1540olivia1540
    10 Comments 5 Love Its Photogenic Name Dropper
    edited June 2016
    HI there, I am sorry for your loss. It has been 4 months since my MC and I have been observing / monitoring my cycles since.
    I, too had similar experiences (multiple ovulation peak results in 1 cycle) with the ClearBlue OPKs. Although the manufacturer didn't tell you this, I think their OPK are often mistaken by the increasing amount of CM, which would give you a false result (peak smile face) in the most odd date in the cycle. What I realized is that if I use ovulation app (i.e. Ovia Fertility or Period Diary) ALONG with the OPKs, then the results are far more accurate and trustworthy. These app allow you to be more aware of your physical changes (in addition to just basal temp) as you approach to ovulation. Just OPKs alone, in my opinion, isn't enough to give you a full picture of your cycle.