July 2016 Moms

Monday Ticker Change

How many weeks? Size Comparison?

Anything Baby related this week?

Rants/Raves/Symptoms?

GTKY: Are you putting together a formal birthing plan? Also, if you're a STM have you done a formal birthing plan before?

Re: Monday Ticker Change

• How many weeks? Size Comparison?
    36 weeks - a chihuahua (I'm hoping a larger sized one) or honeydew melon. 

I have my GBS butt swab this Friday and some coworkers are kindly throwing me a work shower for the last big items I still need. Then it's weekly appointments from now on!

Rants/Raves/Symptoms?
    Totally regretting waiting until I give birth to start my FMLA but I want all the time I can get with the LO before going back to work. I've had a cold/sore throat all weekend and got zero sleep last night. Lots of BH and insomnia like usual. Occasional period like cramping and backaches. Nothing really new. 

GTKY: Are you putting together a formal birthing plan? Also, if you're a STM have you done a formal birthing plan before?
    No formal plan. We actually had our L&D tour yesterday and a lot of the things I was wanting are done on a normal basis here, so there really wasn't a need for one. I just stated I would like an epidural and understand things come up that are beyond my control, but I just want everything explained to me beforehand. I actually work on occasion with my OB down here in surgery so I totally trust her judgment as well as the other members of her group, so I know I'll be in good hands!
    34 weeks - butternut squash

Had a baby shower yesterday for my side of the family and my coworkers are throwing me one on Wednesday. So basically a lot of celebrating baby and going through amazing gifts to write thank-you cards!

Rants/Raves/Symptoms?
    Pregnancy brain is crazy. I keep forgetting to do these ticker changes that I love reading!
    A rant from yesterday - friends of my parents drove from Minnesota to Illinois for my baby shower to surprise me but my aunt couldn't bring herself to drive the 10 minutes it takes to get across town. Can I add that I drove 2 1/2 hours for my own shower? Ugh..family.
    My new favorite "symptom" is feeling baby move more. It's reassuring to me to feel the movements during the day that I was only feeling at night before.

Haven't written down a formal birth plan yet. The hospital gives forms that can be filled out with what you are looking for but a nurse at our childbirth class basically told us that whatever we write down tends to get tossed anyway because moms change their minds. Not sure what to do now about that.

• Loading the player...

• 35 weeks and the size of a pineapple 

After a few weeks of being sick, I am really looking forward to a prenatal massage on Wednesday and prenatal yoga on Thursday! 

Rants/Raves/Symptoms? At this stage with DD, I was walking 1-2 miles a day. This time I can barely walk 2 blocks. So many contractions! I am hoping to walk more. 

Thankfully I have a great hospital and OB that has what I want as standard practice, so I don't need to write things down. Ex. Immediate skin-to-skin, help with breastfeeding, delayed baths, no guests for the first hour, etc. 

With DD, my doctor was great about talking me through every step, explaining my options and asking what I wanted. My labor wasn't what I thought (throwing up, fever and back labor the whole time) so I am glad I didn't have strict expectations of what I wanted and was able to go with the flow. I labored in my bath at home for as long as I could (lol only like 2 hours), tried to walk at the hospital but was throwing up and dehydrated so got an IV, couldn't take back labor so got an epidural, baby and I weren't doing good so got a c-section. Came home with a healthy baby girl so extremely happy!  
  • How many weeks? Size Comparison? 36w, cabbage patch doll, chihuahua

Anything Baby related this week? Had one of my NSTs this morning, another one on Thursday along with an AFI and my OB visit where we will schedule my induction for about 2 1/2, 3 weeks from now(!!!), and our final growth ultrasound on Friday. I'm also looking forward to putting away all the things we got from our shower yesterday!

Rants/Raves/Symptoms? Acid reflux that can't be stopped. I think I've given up trying.

GTKY: Are you putting together a formal birthing plan? Also, if you're a STM have you done a formal birthing plan before? No birth plan for us. We learned at our childbirth class and hospital tour that they do pretty much all the things we wanted, like skin-to-skin, delayed cord clamping, and delayed bathing. As far as meds go, I'm really really hoping to go unmedicated, but I'm researching the analgesic they talked about at our class because I really don't want the full epidural.
    36 weeks!

Prenatal massage on Wednesday and OB appt with the GBS test on Friday. Eating all the grapefruit before then!

Rants/Raves/Symptoms?
    been getting randomly nauseous? Not cool. Also EXTRA hungry. Nothing satisfies..

GTKY: Are you putting together a formal birthing plan? 
    Yes, with the understanding that it might not all work out. My husband and I have been doing Bradley classes and it's really important to us to do what we can to have an unmedicated vaginal (Bradley) birth. That being said, a lot of the post birth stuff that's important to us is standard (skin to skin, breastfeeding, delayed cord clamping/cutting, delayed bath, etc.) but it's more the labor and actual delivery part that we made the birth plan for, as some of that isn't necessarily standard (no cervical checks besides one in triage, fetal monitoring with a Doppler instead of the belt things, use of birth ball/shower/squatting bar, minimal medical staff in and out, not lying supine on the bed necessarily come pushing time, etc.)
    35 Weeks.  A pineapple or a dozen eggs

Dr. appointment on wednesday

Rants/Raves/Symptoms?
    So Baby A is still breech so to be on the safe side my dr. is scheduling a C-section.  Scheduled it for 6/29, so I guess that makes me now in the June group...but I'm gonna stay here.  I lurked over there since I knew it was a possibility to deliver early with twins, but been mostly checking in here.

GTKY: Are you putting together a formal birthing plan?   Fitting, my hospital does "Birth Day Wishes" where you meet with a nurse at the hospital and go over all this information, so yes, but it'll be with the hospital.

Me: 32, DH: 38
    Married 1/14/12
    NTNP Since 12/13, TTC Since 1/15
    BFP: 11/4/15  Found out we were having TWINS 12/9/15 EDD: 7/11/16 Born: 6/29/16
    Team Blue x2!!

cartoon disney funny haters pixar