June 2016 Moms
Options

End of the month mommas

Re: End of the month mommas

• Options
    Due the 18th and although I've been told baby is measuring in the 90th percentile I passed the calm shoulder with "flying colors". My doctor and I decided to induce on Friday night so baby should be here right on time for their due date Saturday. Feeling so relieved at the thought of delivering a full-term baby vaginally and so excited that I should be meeting my LO this week! <3 
    Me (31) & DH (32)
    Married 9/27/2014
    DD Born 6/23/16
    Baby #2 Due 3/7/20
  • Options
    I probably just jinxed myself.  Bought tickets to the baseball game here on Friday night.  I know it's chancing it but I really want a good baseball game hotdog, (and maybe cheeseburger too), before I deliver.  If I make it that long it will probably be our last outing as just the two of us.  This could probably double as a post in the just got real thread too!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I probably just jinxed myself.  Bought tickets to the baseball game here on Friday night.  I know it's chancing it but I really want a good baseball game hotdog, (and maybe cheeseburger too), before I deliver.  If I make it that long it will probably be our last outing as just the two of us.  This could probably double as a post in the just got real thread too!
    And now I want a hotdog....
    Me (31) & DH (32)
    Married 9/27/2014
    DD Born 6/23/16
    Baby #2 Due 3/7/20
  • Options
    Been having contractions about every 8-10 minutes for hours. They're getting slightly painful. I told my husband I hope this is leading to something and I'm not just being a big baby. Lol. 
  • Options
    Checked into the hospital at 7am because contractions were 5 minutes apart and painful. Nurse checked me and I am 7cm already!  Thank God cuz it hurts!  Going to try and stay med free but we shall see!   Baby Ethan will definitely be arriving today!  
    Good luck! You give me hope!!
    DS1 5-18-2012
    DS2 5-18-2014
    DD1 EDD 6-21-2016

babysizercom pregnancy ticker
  • Options
    alitria said:
    BPaisley said:
     I guess if she waits until after my lunch break manicure tomorrow that'd be ok, though.
    That's like me, I'm all "get. out.  But, maybe after the Copa Americana game tomorrow night because that's going to be fun."  I've been sort of hoping he'd be born the 15th for a while because it's a significant date so my dream is that I'll go to the soccer game and all that walking and standing will get things moving.  I'll go home, get some sleep and go to the hospital Wednesday morning for my check up and they'll send me to have a baby.  I mean, it's probably a less than 1% chance things will actually work out that way, but I can dream. 
    Well, I got my manicure! I was hoping for spontaneous labor to begin the minute I walked out of the salon, but no such luck. I hope you get to enjoy your soccer game and he shows up promptly after! I've been thinking the 16th might be a nice date for a 61616 birthdate :smile: And the in-laws show up the next day and could care for the house/dogs, so timing would be great.
    DS1 5-18-2012
    DS2 5-18-2014
    DD1 EDD 6-21-2016

babysizercom pregnancy ticker
  • Options
    @BPaisley I hadn't even thought of how cool that birthdate would be (and easy to remember too!)  I made it to the last day of work, which was the most important hurdle, and now I think we both deserve some babies! 
  • Options
    I just cleared all the events I hoped to avoid giving labor during. Kiddo is due Thursday but can come anytime she wants.
    DD1: June '16 DD2: March ‘19 :::: Married since 2011 :::: USN Wife ::::
  • Options
    I have my next appt on Thursday and we're going to talk about induction.  I'm due Monday (20th) so I'm kind of hoping she'll be ok with inducing me this coming weekend.  I'm only getting a week off from babysitting the annoying brats kids that I watch...so if I could have this baby on Friday or Saturday that would give me extra time (I watch them Tues - Friday).  
    I've been having more BH these last few days and had part of my mucus plug (based on what I remember from my first over 6 years ago) came out the other day, but no more contractions or signs of anything happening. I'm hoping there's been some progression when she checks and we can have this baby soon!
    BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker

• Options
    WepploWepplo member
    Hi! I'm due the 23rd, and just had an appt. yesterday. Doctor tried to check my cervix, but couldn't feel it so it's basically still super high and tight. Awesome. No contractions yet, baby isn't dropping, and she said baby may be too big to fit into my pelvis, so now I have a growth ultrasound set up for Monday. Ugh! I'm trying to walk and bounce on the yoga ball and I'll be trying squats now also. I don't need her to come early, but I'd rather not go super late and need an induction if at all possible! Can I just say how lucky I am, weather-wise?! I'm in CA and it's a cool 69 degrees today. Thank you for a break in the heat! :)
  • Options
    Had my 38 week appt today, I'm now a "definite 2 cm" instead of "about 2cm".  Still only 50% effaced.  Doc said if he doesn't come on his own by next week's appt we will schedule induction for the following week.
  • Options
    Wepplo said:
    Hi! I'm due the 23rd, and just had an appt. yesterday. Doctor tried to check my cervix, but couldn't feel it so it's basically still super high and tight. Awesome. No contractions yet, baby isn't dropping, and she said baby may be too big to fit into my pelvis, so now I have a growth ultrasound set up for Monday. Ugh! I'm trying to walk and bounce on the yoga ball and I'll be trying squats now also. I don't need her to come early, but I'd rather not go super late and need an induction if at all possible! Can I just say how lucky I am, weather-wise?! I'm in CA and it's a cool 69 degrees today. Thank you for a break in the heat! :)

I keep hearing women mention the bouncing on the yoga ball thing. Naive question, but what exactly is this bouncing isupposed to do?
  • Options
    Wepplo said:

I keep hearing women mention the bouncing on the yoga ball thing. Naive question, but what exactly is this bouncing isupposed to do?
    It can help baby move down into the birth canal... I don't know the exact science behind it, but I also used it during labor with my oldest to help with the pain.
    BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker

• Options
    I didn't really use mine to get labor started, but it did really help with pain and contractions once it did start.  Of course, last time I was early and this time I'm heading towards 39 weeks with cramps and contractions every day but no real progress, so I might be doing a lot more bouncing.  I've done some because it helps with my hips but more may be in order....
  • Options
    And now I want a hotdog....
    Got my hotdog and it was amazing!  Had to leave halfway through the game bc this was moving in fast!

• Options
    Wepplo said:

It can help baby move down into the birth canal... I don't know the exact science behind it, but I also used it during labor with my oldest to help with the pain.
     Good ol gravity.  The ball opens your hips to help make room for baby to scoot down.  
  • Options
    I'm now scheduled for induction on June 28th. I hope it doesn't come to that, but there it is.
    DD1: June '16 DD2: March ‘19 :::: Married since 2011 :::: USN Wife ::::
  • Options
    My father is living with me until the baby comes. His impatience is driving me nuts. I'm not even due until the 22nd! It could be two more weeks. I may start eating pineapples morning, noon, and night.

• Options
    Due today!!! Went to OB and had membrane sweep #2. Have an NST scheduled for 41 weeks next Monday, then she'll want to talk induction. My options are AROM or altered pitocin protocol (at my request, 1 every 30 instead of 2 every 20). Still researching best options there, since both have their drawbacks.
    DH + Me 12/2011
    DD 3/2012
    Baby on the way June 2016 :)

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    whodazwhodaz member
    Hi Ladies! 39 weeks today.. due the 27th, with an induction appnt July 2. 
    Been trying natural ways to go into labor not much luck as of yet.. but happy I found a few other mamas-to-be to chat with while I wait..bouncing on the ball... 

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    dom20dom20 member
    whodaz said:
    Hi Ladies! 39 weeks today.. due the 27th, with an induction appnt July 2. 
    Been trying natural ways to go into labor not much luck as of yet.. but happy I found a few other mamas-to-be to chat with while I wait..bouncing on the ball... 
    I'm due the 27th too and still hanging in there.  Hopefully soon for both of us!
    Wife to B-2008 Mom to O-2009 Secondary infertility BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    Hi!  Due the 27th as well.  Baby is still "floating", having a sono and NST this Thursday to see how big the baby is and then we will make a plan, possible induction or c-section.  Dr. is afraid he may be too big.  Glad to see others are in the same boat! 
  • Options
    Bouncing on a ball during the Bachelorette & I ate half a lb of pineapple last night (no exaggeration) - no baby yet, due on Friday. Doctors appt today - anxious to see if I have made ANY progress. Its so helpful reading that I'm not alone :)
  • Options
    I'm 39 weeks today! So incredibly anxious to meet this little guy.  I had MAJOR acid reflux last night for about an hour or so.... way worse than I've ever had. Then woke up at about 4am with a period like cramp.  Then when I woke up at about 730 to get ready to work I had to jump out of bed to get to the bathroom because my tummy wasn't feeling so great.  Hopefully this means labor is near! At least that's what I'm going to tell myself. :)  I have a dr appt tomorrow, so hopefully she'll tell me something good!
  • Options
    whodazwhodaz member
    Aw thanks, yes hopefully soon! 
    I was youtubing and landed on pregnancy dance to induce labor...makes sense!
    Anyways a fun song with lots of bouncy-ness to try is gangnam style. LOL. if anything it's a great workout.

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    39 weeks today. I am finally 1 cm dilated! If she isn't here by next week, we set an induction date. 
  • Options
    Due tomorrow and can't see it happening yet. This is all new to me since my first one was born at 38 weeks spontaneously.
  • Options
    Today is my due date. Saw the dr. We are both healthy. 3cm dilated and 80% effaced. I wasn't going to but I decided to have my membranes stripped. Here's hoping it works really well and I don't join the overdue thread tomorrow! For now I am trying to focus on being thankful for our health. I just really want to meet her! 
  • Options
    Had my 39 week appt yesterday.  Still 2cm and 50% effaced.  No change on that the past 3 weeks.  Going back Monday to recheck and sign consents to be induced later next week.  Hope he decides to come on his own before then.
  • Options
    I'm currently 40weeks & 3days pregnant, I seen my OB today and we are scheduled to be induced Monday @6am. I'm a little nervous I've heard it's a long process and painful! I've been bouncing on a yoga ball & walking for long distances hoping baby comes this weekend! 
    Good luck to all you ladies, hopefully not to much longer :smile:
  • Options
    whodazwhodaz member
    liz2005Aj said:
    I'm currently 40weeks & 3days pregnant, I seen my OB today and we are scheduled to be induced Monday @6am. I'm a little nervous I've heard it's a long process and painful! I've been bouncing on a yoga ball & walking for long distances hoping baby comes this weekend! 
    Good luck to all you ladies, hopefully not to much longer :smile:
    Awww I hope your baby comes this weekend!
    but if not...... you'll get to have a precious little one monday for sure :) 

my induction is scheduled for July 2 (this coming sat).. my hubby and i are kinda wanting to see if they can do it sooner.. i'm debating.

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    No baby yet, but will be going in Monday at 6am to be induced I'm a little nervous & scared not sure what to expect but beyond ready to meet my baby! 
    Good luck with everything and I hope you have a fast an easy labor! ☺️
    @whodaz
  • Options
    Was due on Friday. Baby is cozy... Doctors on Tuesday with a likely induction on July 1st. Come on baby, I don't want to wait that long 
  • Options
    I was due the 23rd, but still only 1cm dilated and 60% effaced. Nothing has changed for 2-3 weeks. Incredibly frustrated....
  • Options
    whodazwhodaz member
    liz2005Aj said:
    No baby yet, but will be going in Monday at 6am to be induced I'm a little nervous & scared not sure what to expect but beyond ready to meet my baby! 
    Good luck with everything and I hope you have a fast an easy labor! ☺️
    @whodaz
    oh wow! Good luck!!! Please let me know how it goes!!!!!  :):smiley:

Today i'm 40 weeks... been a busy bee.. but nothing has happened yet. #waiting

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    I'm due today, and same as last time, my cervix is closed... we will see how this goes!
  • Options
    whodazwhodaz member
    Had my last appnt today (thurs) - 40w3days -  so anxious to have my little guy <3
    went from
    (last week) 3.5cm, 75% effaced, baby head position is -2
    to 4.5 (almost 5 per dr), 80% effaced and baby head position is -1

I got membranes stripped today again.. we shall see if i go into labor before induction appnt this saturday...
    Good luck all ladies! <3

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    whodazwhodaz member
    Ok so one of the worse feelings ever is having a set an induction appnt (scheduled like 3 or 4 wks ago) and have the hospital call and cancel two hours before because they are full.  :s:'(

i'm in limbo since the last 14 hours waiting for a bed/room to open up :(        

Pregnancy Ticker