May 2016 Moms
Options

FFFC 6/3

I know we are all busy with babies and stuff, but you got to still have some juicy confessions!

seriously reaction nicki minaj really

cat fail animated GIF

Re: FFFC 6/3

• Options
    yogahh said:
    Since DH and I had been up for over 48 hours after my CS, and it was 2am, I didn't want him driving home so we splurged on a private room in the hospital that one night so he could sleep. It was $500 and obviously not covered by insurance. We slept for 3 hours before the nurse woke me up to check vitals and get me up and walking, so it was NOT worth the money. We just found out that the hospital is closing, so we are going to try to get away without paying the bill. I know, I know...that's HORRIBLE. But seriously, charged us $500 for 3 hours of sleep?? I am secretly hoping they just forget to send us a bill!
    That really doesn't surprise me. We just got the itemized bill from the hospital the other day. We're not responsible for any of it thankfully bc we met our deductible already, but for a 5 day stay it would have cost us just over $50k without insurance. Ridiculous.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    yogahhyogahh member
    dsmith211 said:
    yogahh said:
    Since DH and I had been up for over 48 hours after my CS, and it was 2am, I didn't want him driving home so we splurged on a private room in the hospital that one night so he could sleep. It was $500 and obviously not covered by insurance. We slept for 3 hours before the nurse woke me up to check vitals and get me up and walking, so it was NOT worth the money. We just found out that the hospital is closing, so we are going to try to get away without paying the bill. I know, I know...that's HORRIBLE. But seriously, charged us $500 for 3 hours of sleep?? I am secretly hoping they just forget to send us a bill!
    That really doesn't surprise me. We just got the itemized bill from the hospital the other day. We're not responsible for any of it thankfully bc we met our deductible already, but for a 5 day stay it would have cost us just over $50k without insurance. Ridiculous.
    Ours was 33k. Haven't got notifications on what we owe yet, but nervous! How do people without insurance pay these bills?

cat fail animated GIF

• Options
    I'm dumb. I am so confused about the private room conversations that have come up. What is the alternative? Why do you have to pay more for a private room? I've never heard of or seen a non-private room for L&D or pp recovery.  Is it a regional thing? I feel like I've missed something. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    I'm dumb. I am so confused about the private room conversations that have come up. What is the alternative? Why do you have to pay more for a private room? I've never heard of or seen a non-private room for L&D or pp recovery.  Is it a regional thing? I feel like I've missed something. 
    @yogahh and I live in NYC where the hospitals have thousands of deliveries every year. The delivery rooms are private but recovery rooms are shared, unless you pay for a private room (if one happens to be available) which isn't covered by insurance. I shared my recovery room and it really wasn't bad at all, the room is divided by a curtain so you don't see each other but you definitely hear everything. I'm nosy so I enjoyed eavesdropping and I actually became friendly with my neighbor. My husband was allowed to stay with me in the shared room so that wasn't an issue for us either, although the recliner wasn't very comfortable for him. I would do it the same way next time if I'm still in NYC!
  • Options
    yogahhyogahh member
    @yogahh and I live in NYC where the hospitals have thousands of deliveries every year. The delivery rooms are private but recovery rooms are shared, unless you pay for a private room (if one happens to be available) which isn't covered by insurance. I shared my recovery room and it really wasn't bad at all, the room is divided by a curtain so you don't see each other but you definitely hear everything. I'm nosy so I enjoyed eavesdropping and I actually became friendly with my neighbor. My husband was allowed to stay with me in the shared room so that wasn't an issue for us either, although the recliner wasn't very comfortable for him. I would do it the same way next time if I'm still in NYC!
    The only difference for me was dh wasn't allowed to stay in the shared room. Which is why we got the private for that one night. I lucked out for the last two nights though as the shared room I was moved too turned into a private room since I never had a roommate. 

cat fail animated GIF

• Options
    I live in upstate NY- delivery room is private but recovery rooms are shared. It was dead for most of my stay, on the final morning though I got a roomie at 6 am, I checked out around 11am though. They had a swarm of births, and try to pair it so you aren't sharing or only have to share a short time. 
  • Options
    @bkjade - Did you lay on your stomach during the massage? I'm a stomach sleeper, but I have been terrified to actually put full weight on my chest. I'm afraid my boobs will pop like a water balloon and milk will spray everywhere. A massage sounds heavenly. 

@charla1224 I figured I wouldn't want to be a SAHM pre-birth, but I never said never since I didn't know what it would be like once she's here. Now that she's here, my intuition has been confirmed. I'm not meant to be a SAHM. I'm no where near a workaholic, but I do log onto my work computer once a week to see what's going on in the work world. It reminds me I'm more than a boob of milk, poop wiping, diaper changer. I know dropping her at daycare will be tough, but I think I will also feel some relief. The only thing I worry about is how to make the most of the time we do have together during the week while being able to get in some physical activity and not be completely brain dead from the work day. 

And on the work topic, for anyone who remembers me complaining about the person covering for me at work that will also become my employee when I am back, judging by the emails I'm cc:'ed on, he's still screwing up. You'd think he'd be better after 3 months of working in tandem with me, but nope. I think my boss didn't want to deal with him anymore, so she gave me a promotion so he'd be my problem. If I don't get a raise post leave, I'm going to be an unhappy camper.
  • Options
    @yogahh my friend delivered at Lenox Hill and supposedly the private rooms there are $1k+ a night!  Ours was around $700 a night I think?
  • Options
    arj14arj14 member
    Baby is 1 week today, and I have to say, DH has been great.  He's had to go to work because he used his last PTO when I was in labor, but he'll be off for the summer after next Wednesday (thank god).  The biggest problem is that I need to adjust my mental stance about asking him to do things.  Before S, getting him to do anything was like pulling teeth.  Now he pretty much hops to it if I ask - I just need to keep reminding myself of the "new" DH response before I start to feel frustrated.
    Anniversary

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    kami09kami09 member
    Thought of something else (while I'm up sick from the crazy amounts of Mexican I ate tonight...not because I'm feeding my baby) I used to be kind of an ass/BF nazi...now that I have my second, even though I'm EBF, I wouldn't mind to FF. & I saw someone say they needed to supplement & it makes baby much happier but they are disappointed... All I kept thinking was- it sounds like a win to me! Lol
  • Options
    bkjadebkjade member
    @missnc77 - I did lay on my stomach and I BF right before I left the house. The pressure actually kept me from leaking while on my stomach, it was laying on my back that I actually leaked :/ Next time I'll probably keep one of my more comfortable nursing bras on.  
  • Options
    @yogahh @dsmith211   I can't believe your hospital bills are so much! I just got mine and it is $12k. Granted I didn't have a CS but still that is ridiculous.