October 2015 Moms

7 Months...introducing meat?

Even though this is my second baby, I honestly don't remember how I did this with my son!! So sad, I know. To all you mamas that are making your own food for your babies, how have you (or do you plan to) introduce meats. I was thinking of poaching boneless skinless chicken breasts in some organic chicken broth with like peas and carrots or something then pureeing...any other ideas? Thanks, ladies <3

Re: 7 Months...introducing meat?

• Honestly we've just given R 8 month old little tiny pieces of whatever it is that we're eating. We're being cautious because she still has no teeth
  • My 8 month old is still on purees and don't plan to add meat until after 9 months. My doctor said right now just for fun so no need to but going to ask again at next appt. 
  • Loading the player...
  • AiramJAiramJ member
    My LO is getting purées as well as solid food. Boiled broccoli, potatoes and the other day steak! I gave him a piece big enough to hold and he chewed around on it. He loved it. He also had chicken puréed with carrots, mushrooms and potatoes. DH and I are having bolognese tonight and I took some out and puréed it for my son. Not too small, left some chunks.
  • We haven't tried yet, but my best friend has a baby the same age and her Ped said she could feed him anything she could puree! It's been a free-for-all at their house, and her baby does great with all of the foods. 
  • Have been giving LO puréed meat with veggies since 7 months. She actually loves it and prefers it over anything else lol
  • I've puréed meat and mixed it in his veggie purées. Sometimes we also give him a big chunk of meat to chew on. Except he's getting better at ripping pieces off, so it's starting to make be a bit nervous lol
  • thanks girls! I'm looking forward to it--although this weekend we were at a BBQ and I was eating some pasta salad (pretty bland, just pasta and italian dressing) and she was screaming at me like "I WANT SOME, MOM!" So I started cutting off pieces and giving them to her and I literally could not get it in her face fast enough lol. And she ate some of my omelet at the diner yesterday at breakfast--she loves food I guess :)
  • tvistetviste member
    My daughter has been eating chicken since about 6.5 months and beef since 7.5ish months. When I first introduced chicken, I mixed it in with avocado and she loved it. I think the creamy avocado helped introduce her to the texture of meat. Now she loves steak and will eat it by itself (I still puree it)
  • DD had a few bites of ground beef last weekend and loved it.  I just bought some ground turkey to make tonight.  If she doesn't like it, I'll try adding it to her pureed veggies.  Per our pediatrician's personal recommendation, and I agree with her, we waited until recently (she said 8 months) to introduce meats so I could give her real meat, not pureed meat because they are kind of disgusting.  She said by 8 months should be able to gum some turkey or chicken with fingers to give LO.  So far I've just tried the ground beef.
  • I made puréed chicken at about 6 months and it was DISGUSTING. So I haven't given any puree meats at all until recently. He's 8 months now and I have started giving him meat that's more shredded.. He had really soft shredded beef ribs the other night and was going MENTAL LOL he LOVED it. He's also had a chew on a lamb chop and loved that too. He hates the consistency of minced meat though