Need Help with Daily Schedule for children — The Bump
Stay at Home Moms

Need Help with Daily Schedule for children

I have two small children, ages 3 and 1 and really need to try and get them on the same schedule, but can't seam to get a schedule that works for both children and I was wondering if any of you ladies would be willing to share your daily schedule for your child. Thank you.         Background information: my 1 year old gets up at 7:30 and my 3 year old gets up at about 8:30, they both go to bed a 9:30pm. 
 Married: June 9, 2011 
TTC Baby #1: January 2012
Baby #1: BFP: February 16, 2012, EDD: October 24, 2012, July 2, 2012, we found out we are expecting a GIRL :)!
11-2-2012 @ 12:55am, 41 weeks and 1 day, Kendall Rose was born, weighting 7lb. and 12oz.
TTC Baby #2: June 2013
Baby #2: BFP: August 16, 2013, EDD: April 18, 2014, Gender Predictor said: Girl  "Christian April" MC: August 24, 2013 @ 5 weeks and 1 day
TTC Baby #3: October 2013
Baby #3: BFP: December 31, 2013   EDD: September 8, 2014, Gender Predictor said: Girl "Sweet Pea September" stopped growing January 12 @ 6 weeks  (Missed Miscarriage), D and C: January 28, 2014 @ 8 weeks 2 days
Baby #4: BFP: June 13, 2014 EDD: February 25, 2015, October 10, 2014, we found out we are expecting a BOY :)!
"Love Bears all things, hopes all things, and endures all things"
2011, 2012, 2013, 2014

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

BabyFetus Ticker

Re: Need Help with Daily Schedule for children

• I only have a 9 month old and am just starting to get her on a schedule so not sure I'm much help but if you feed your 1 year old first then when 3 year old gets up dress them both and ready for the day. Feed 3 year old while 1 year old plays then naps and 3 year old plays, then they both eat lunch, play, nap, dinner, bath/bedtime? This is just my guess as 1 year old may nap twice. 
  • This is the schedule for our 1 year old:
    7:30-8:00 she wakes up but plays in her crib until 8 usually
    8:00-8:45 breakfast, get dressed and ready for the day
    8:45 we drop DH off at work and pick up the 6 month old I watch duing the day. DD sometimes takes a 10-15 minute nap in the car if she's still tired. 
    When we get home we read and play until lunch time. 
    11:30 I put the 6 mo down for a nap and give DD lunch
    12:00 DD goes down for a nap. She has one long nap now that is 2-3 hours long. While DD sleeps I usually get chores done while the 6 mo plays and she takes another nap around 2:15. (Her naps are really short, about a half hour to an hour if I'm lucky). 
    3:00 I give DD a snack. 
    They play or we go out and about until 5:15 when we pack up to go pick up DH and drop the 6 mo off. 
    6:30 dinner
    7:30 DH takes her up to go to bed. He spends about a half hour reading and snuggling before bed. 

Our best days are when naps overlap so I can have a couple of minutes of peace. I know a lot of one year olds aren't ready for just one nap, but DD was screaming in her crib for her morning naps so we pushed up her afternoon nap and put her to bed earlier. I wouldn't push it if your 1 yo isn't ready for it, but maybe it would help sync naps up if they are ready? This schedule works great for now until we throw a newborn in in August
  • Loading the player...
  • All 4 kids (ages 7wks, 2 yrs, 3yrs, 5yrs) are awake around 6:30/7. DH usually starts breakfast for the older ones by 7. They all have quiet time in their rooms (with baby gates) while I shower around 8. Free play inside or out, weather permitting, all morning. Lunch at noon. Quiet time in their rooms again at 1, until the 2y/o has had enough (usually around an hour). Snack and playing until 4:30-ish, when I cook dinner. We eat around 5:30. We go up for bath at 6:15. The 2y/o goes to bed by 7, 3y/o 7:15, and 5 y/o 7:30. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BarrysBride05cutedrew
  • All 4 kids (ages 7wks, 2 yrs, 3yrs, 5yrs) are awake around 6:30/7. DH usually starts breakfast for the older ones by 7. They all have quiet time in their rooms (with baby gates) while I shower around 8. Free play inside or out, weather permitting, all morning. Lunch at noon. Quiet time in their rooms again at 1, until the 2y/o has had enough (usually around an hour). Snack and playing until 4:30-ish, when I cook dinner. We eat around 5:30. We go up for bath at 6:15. The 2y/o goes to bed by 7, 3y/o 7:15, and 5 y/o 7:30. 
    Wow! That sounds exhausting! Way to go mom! I can only pray I can juggle all of that as well as you some day! I can barely handle my one!!!
  • I think when my two boys were those ages we fed them breakfast, did a snack around 10, short power nap for my 1 year old for about 45 minutes. Then we would go out for a little, have lunch, and do a nap at 130 for both boys until 330. Or quite time for my 3 year old and a long nap for one year old. 

Bedtime was 8 for both!
    Alicia
    Mom to Three Sweet Things
    Lifestyle Blog and Health and Wellness
  • I have 2 1 yr olds and a 2 yr old.  I have them doing everything at the same time on schedule 

when my boy 1 yr old wakes up around 730am, he gets a bottle of whole milk.  My little girl will snack on cheerios in the crib if she wakes up early (she wakes up in the middle of the night and has a bottle still).  

All babies up at 9 am for breakfast

9:20-10:30 am focus time
    milk is served for all babies at 10:30 am
    free play until lunch
    lunch 11:45-12pm
    nap until 2:30 pm

snack at 3pm (sometimes 2 yr old is still sleeping so he gets a snack after nap)

dinner for 1 yr olds 5:30 pm (2 yr old gets fruit bc he wants to eat when other kids are eating)

exercise/free play 

bath and bottle for 1 yr olds -7:00 pm 
    bedtime 7:15&7:40 pm

dinner for 2 yr old 8pm
    bath for 2 yr old at 8:30pm
    bedtime 9pm

end of the day I'm exhausted

• 7:00 AM: My alarm goes off. I wake up and walk to the kitchen, tripping over the cat who is starving. I feed the cat, take my meds, and grab a pre-prepared snack bag of dry cereal for DS. I hurry back to the room and shut the bedroom door before the cat can come back in because two bites of dry cat food is apparently enough to fuel her appetite for blanket-covered toes.
    7:02 AM: DS wakes up. I open Netflix Kids on my phone and turn on Guided Access. I hand him my phone and the snack bag. I roll over and go back to sleep, wiggling my toes as much as I want.
    8:00 AM: The alarm clock (which I need because DS will dismiss any notifications I get when he has my phone) goes off. I get up, snooze it, and return to bed. I smile at DS, he smiles back, and I burrow further beneath the covers.
    8:10 AM: Repeat 8:00 AM.
    8:20 AM: Repeat 8:00 AM.
    8:30 AM: I turn off the alarm clock and tickle DS. He calmly hands over my phone and asks for more food. I tell him he has to wait and run to the bathroom to get a new diaper. I return to the bedroom and change his diaper while he's still relatively calm.
    8:40 AM: Once he is dry, he hops up and runs out of the room, yelling "food" and "Lilo" alternately until he is happily sitting in front of Papa's laptop at the table watching Chuggington (he changed his mind) and eating the fifth food I offer him, which was also the second food I offered him.
    9:00 AM: I finally remember that I need coffee in order to function.
    9:10 AM: I sit down with my coffee. DS yells "Mama!" for no reason.
    9:15 AM - 4:30 PM: I run around cleaning and taking requests from a toddler until DH gets home.
    4:45 PM: I sit down, exhausted, and survey my kingdom. It's still a mess, and DS sat around all day. I'm consumed by the same guilt as every other day. DS didn't get any exercise, I didn't play with him enough, he only ate junk food, I didn't read to him ...
    5:00 PM: I take a cat nap. With my cat.
    6:00 PM: DH serves dinner. I love him so much. We share our favorite parts of the day.
    8:00 PM: DH and DS go to bed. I'm left to my own devices. I'm crippled by the stress of everything I still have to do that I don't do anything at all.
    11:00 PM: Why am I not tired at all? I should really take an Ambien, since I have to get up early with DS.
    12:00 AM: Why didn't I take an Ambien? If I take one now, I won't be able to wake up in the morning.
    1:00 AM: Where did the last hour go? I'm still not tired. I guess I'll take Zzzquil. But I'm not tired yet, so I'm not going to get in bed yet. If I do, I'll toss and turn and be uncomfortable.
    1:45 AM: I'm finally tired and climb into bed.
    1:46 AM: My cat is excited because I finally got off the couch, and she thinks it's time to play.
    2:00 AM: I may or may not be asleep.
    D17 May Siggy Challenge: Favorite TV/Movie Mom

*TW*

30 January 2017: Loss at 6+2

8 March 2017: Loss at 5+4

Pregnancy Ticker
    dancingsphinx22