July 2015 Moms

Dentist?

n3na94n3na94 member
edited June 2016 in July 2015 Moms
Has any mama taken their baby to the dentist yet? I hear the youngest age parents take them is 6-9 moths but my baby boy just had his 4th tooth break through. I mean should I ask my pediatrician for a referal, or too soon??

Re: Dentist?

• I read that babies should have a dentist before 1yr of age, but we haven't gone yet. 
    Read about my motherhood journey and more at http://hallidaynelson.com/
     Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 

TTGP July Siggy Challenge: Summer Fails
  • My daughter is going to be one on June 18 and we just schedule her drs appnt that previous week :) and she has no teeth 
  • Loading the player...
  • Mine has 5 teeth so I'm guessing it's time. My son has an appointment next week so I'll schedule one for her as well.
  • AKOL0AKOL0 member
    I've been wondering the same. My LO has 7 teeth and they don't all look straight and some have more of a gap. I, personally, have never been to a dentist. My parents just didn't have the money. My teeth are really bad and so are my husband's.
  • @AKOL0 I've read that it's normal for the first set of teeth to be crooked and/or have gaps. I guess as more teeth come in, they kind of push the first few into place.
    Read about my motherhood journey and more at http://hallidaynelson.com/
     Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 

TTGP July Siggy Challenge: Summer Fails
  • Hi Ladies! It's been awhile... I know. I asked my dentist about this at my last appt when LO was 7 months and getting his first two teeth (still only two at 10 months). I was told to make an appt around 1 year old and that the way his teeth are growing in now is not indicative of how they'll be permanently. 

DS1 7/24/15

DS2 5/7/17

• We have a Sonicare electric toothbrush and Hazel loves the sensation in her mouth. Not really dentist related, but for those of you who have trouble brushing LO's teeth, there's a tip!
  • Gaps are good in LO teeth at this stage.  It helps keep space for the adult teeth.  My DS had lots of gaps and his grown up teeth are coming in well.  He has had just one cavity.  DD had no gaps and although her grown up teeth seem to be coming in ok she has had many cavities because the food just gets stuck and it is hard to clean them. 
    We will just have our dentist put LO in the chair next time we have an appointment in August.  They will just count her teeth so she gets used to the idea of a dentist.