Two Under 2

New to the Group...and scared....

Hi Ladies. I just found out i'm expecting #2, and its due when DD will only be 20 months. So I know I wont have 2 under 2 for too long. But because me and DH didn't expect to be preggers again so soon, we're both scared now. we're not sure how we will be able to handle 2 children so young...does anyone here have any suggestions on how to not only ease our nerves, but show DD that she'll still be our special 1st born?
OUR FAMILY is a circle of LOVE!
TOGETHER we are UNBREAKABLE!
FAMILY is FOREVER!
Anniversary
There's a RAINBOW of HOPE after EVERY STORM!
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
And a POT-OF-GOLD at the END of EVERY RAINBOW!

Re: New to the Group...and scared....

• I don't have much advise, but I will say you are not alone. Our son will be 18 months when this one arrives late August. Every other day (okay, maybe more like minute) I go back and forth between "WHAT AM I DOING?!!" and "I can do this".

I'm planning for what I can and telling myself to keep an open mind about the rest. Our son seems extra clingy recently so my bf and I have talked a lot about how we are going to manage. Also, he goes to daycare and I have to pay even when I'm not working so he will be doing that 4 days a week at least part of the day. Also, going to line up family and friends to help the weekday I am alone with both kids. Plenty of people have survived so we can too...right?
  • Same boat! We're expecting baby #2 next February and we have a 6mo old, so they'll be 14mo apart. Extremely daunting but I've heard routine is key, we already have our son sleeping through the night in his own crib and try to keep his days pretty scheduled. Like you said, others have come before us and done this. Stay confident, you'll be an awesome momma to two beautiful babes and they'll have such a special bond being so close in age :) 
  • Loading the player...
  • Ours will be 22 months apart. Soon after finding out we were pregnant we started talking a lot about how she's a big girl and a good helper. She likes to help me do chores (put silverware away, clothes in the dryer). We bought her a baby doll and stroller to play with and a book she loves called "I'm a Big Sister." I'm sure they have a brother one too. She's pretty excited about being big and at 20 months seems to understand that there will be a baby at or house soon. Good luck! My sister and I are 15 months apart and really close. We wanted ours a little closer in age, but it sometimes seems daunting now that it's so soon!
    Pregnancy Ticker

• My son was 22 months old when our twins were born. Now he's 2 and they're 2 months, we got a lot of big brother books and talked about babies before they were born. 

When end he was new and would fall asleep in my arms I'd sit and stare at him for hours. This time around as soon as the babies are napping or even content I put them down and play with big brother. I'd love to snuggle for hours but I have to balance my attention now. Big brother also gets to go on a lot of adventures with grandma. 
  • femmepinkfemmepink member
    edited July 2016
    My son was 20 months when DS2 came along. It was okay in the end. Now they are 2.5 years and 12 months and I can't imagine not having the two of them together. DS1 loves his brother. Sure, they have their spats but having a close sibling I feel is a great gift that I've given them both. We always remind both of them that they are both special and adorable to us, whether they are big boys or babies and we love them both the same. That's all you can do. You will do fine!

BFP #1 - 11/7/12 * M/C - 12/8/12 @ 7W6D
    BFP #2 - 3/2/13 * DS1 - BORN ON EDD - 11/13/13
    BFP #3 - 11/7/14 * DS2 - BORN ON EDD - 07/21/15 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Schedule and routine is key for me. I have 4 now but I had my eldest two under two and my second/third baby under 19 months. 
  • OMG you guys are making me so emotional... Just got my BFP this weekend. DD is almost 14m. I'm so happy and scared. I'm really enjoying your personal stories. 
    Pregnancy Ticker

• My daughter is 16mo and we just had our son Dec 1. The first day she wouldn't even look at him and just wanted to be in my arms at all times, but we just didn't rush her and I'd include her in everything and by day 2 or 3 she was giving him kisses and pushing his rocker. She gets really excited to help me change him and gets me the wipes and diaper so I think it's good to make them feel needed. I have an amazing husband who helps a lot so at bedtime I give him the LO and try to make sure we have some mommy daughter time alone so she doesn't feel left out and read a couple of books before bed.
    its scary when you're pregnant but it all falls into routine once it happens, don't worry