July 2016 Moms
Options

Thursday ticker change 06/02

How many weeks are you? Size comparison?

33 weeks today. Baby is the size of celery.

Doing anything baby related this week?

Hopefully shopping for some of babe's nursery décor this weekend. Most of which will likely be done at Target!

Rants/Raves/Symptoms

I don't know what the deal is but I keep getting random patches of hives...it's starts on my arms/legs in the afternoons and then by evening/night time it's on my neck/face.  It's usually gone by the next morning and then it restarts again.  I hate feeling itchy! Also, my husband and I have seemed distant throughout most of this pregnancy. We've seemed to re-connect over the past couple of days. I'm doing my best to try to be nicer and more loving and he's reciprocating so that's something to be happy about.

GTKY: What's one thing you are and aren't looking forward to doing once your LO is born?

I'm looking forward to having my own private body again, getting back into my fitness routine, having a glass of wine whenever I want, and visiting the microbrewery in town to taste some beers. Oh, and baby wearing.

I'm not looking forward to breastfeeding. Personally I didn't enjoy the experience last time and once I switched to bottles/formula it was like this huge weight was lifted off of my shoulders. I've decided that I will not continue to pump/breastfeed past my 12 week maternity leave this time (aside from a short transition period).

Re: Thursday ticker change 06/02

• Options

35 weeks today. Baby is the size of BMO. 

Found out BFF planned a surprise shower for me tomorrow (not so surprise anymore but I prefer to not be surprised anyway). A lot of my friends weren't able to make it to my OOT shower so I'm excited to hang out with them. I don't care about the gift part, just eating cake with my friends!

Rants/Raves/Symptoms

As much as I want my little girl to keep cooking and gaining that chub, I really just want her here. 

GTKY: What's one thing you are and aren't looking forward to doing once your LO is born?

Really miss whiskey. And on the opposite front, I'm excited to breastfeed. I helped my younger sister with her journey and the bonding just seems insane. I hope the hurdles I face with it aren't too intense. (FTR, I don't judge mamas who use formula, though I used to. I was ignorant and now I understand.)

Not looking forward to less sleep than what I'm already not getting. 

• Options

32 Weeks today. Looks like the size of a squash

Not really.  DH is hellbent on organizing, painting, and getting our daughter's room together.  It's not really "baby related" but he wants it done before this one comes. 

Rants/Raves/Symptoms

Indigestion, leading to nausea, and insomnia from hell.  I'm starving, eat two bites and then I'm full.  I feel isolated from stuff and it's depressing and I'm ready to be able to drink, eat, do what I want without worrying about injuring a little being inside of me. 

I inadvertently answered this above, but I'm looking forward to being able to drink again. This includes alcohol and all of the caffeine I want. I'm also looking forward to my temporary time of being a stay at home mom.   

I'm echoing above.  I am not looking forward to breast feeding.  It always made me feel uncomfortable, but then I had much problems the first go around with it, part of me wants to say screw it.  I am planning on doing it for at least 2-3 weeks and if it's going the same way as before nixing it.  I don't feel like it's beneficial to myself or my child - or our bonding -- when every feeding ends up in tears and stress on both accounts (this happened last time) 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

33 weeks - Size of a ferret 

I had an extra ultrasound yesterday because of GD and baby looks good! She's weighing in at a little over 4lbs.  

Rants/Raves/Symptoms

We bought a car yesterday to replace the one that was totaled in the accident.  I'm super excited but the added payments make me anxious.  Braxton Hicks have gotten more intense when they occur and since baby girl is head down, she put pressure on my cervix when they happen.  

I am looking forward to eating whatever I want once baby is here.  I miss ice cream and pizza.  

I'm not looking forward to paying for daycare for two kids.  The cost makes me want to barf.  Also, add me to the list of being nervous about breast feeding.  I struggled a lot with DD because I have insufficient glandular tissue and was/am incapable of producing enough breastmilk (I was eventually diagnosed by an IBCLC).  It was such an emotional journey and DD struggled gaining weight at the beginning because of the IGT, reflux, and lactose intolerance.  I want to try again with this baby, but I don't want her to lose weight like DD1 did, so I know I'll have to use formula probably from the beginning.  I'm planning on contacting the lactation consultant that diagnosed the IGT in the next few weeks to help me plan and just encourage me as she is a wonderful support and understands where I'm coming from.  Hugs to you @rnyland1 & @samantha1206! Breast feeding is tough and I hope you momma's feel supported with whatever direction you decide to go!