Trouble TTC

Intro (Loss & Child Mentioned)

Hello, I am 34 years old with PCOS and a 3.5 year old son whom we conceived with the use of Provera and Clomid.  We started our journey for our second child September 2014 by stopping my B/C pills. In the beginning of June 2015 we found out I was pregnant. Unfortunately, I had a M/C on June 30, 2015. After that I went to my OB and we started Clomid in August 2015. I ovulated on 3 doses of Clomid per day for days 3-7. However, I never got a BFP on Clomid. Then, I started meeting with an RE in March 2016.  After all the testing and blood work (which has been fine), we are on our first round of Femara (2 pills per day on days 3-7). 

It has been such a depressing roller coaster.  So here is where I am right now...I had an U/S last Saturday (CD 14). It showed 2 follicles on the right (13cm and 12cm) and 2 follicles on the left (both 11cm). The U/S tech said that was good and that follicles usually burst around 20cm and that they grow about 1cm per day.  So on my 40 minute drive home, I was feeling pretty good and optimistic. As I am just about to pull into my driveway, the nurse calls. She said the doctor reviewed my U/S and thinks that I ovulated already (my at home OPKs have been negative from Day 12).  She said it looked like the lining was thickening which usually indicates that ovulation has already occurred (probably within a day).  So as I turned around to go get my blood drawn, my optimism was again crushed. Today, the nurse calls and says my Progesterone was low which means I did not ovulate, but the doctor doesn't think the Femara will work this cycle. So I have a follow-up appointment next Wednesday.

WTF! I am going crazy, and I am so depressed...it seems as if I have lost all faith and hope.
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Intro (Loss & Child Mentioned)

• Sorry for your loss and for what you are going through now.  Rollercoaster is definitely descriptive of this process.  One thing that confuses me about your post is that my RE has always noted a thick lining when I go in for monitoring pre-O to determine when to trigger.  Will you have an u/s and bloodwork on Wednesday, too?  In any case, hugs.
    About me:
    /loss mentioned/
    TTC#1 July 2014
    dx: MFI (morphology)
    IUI #1 w/Clomid + Ovidrel Sept. 2015 ~ BFN
    IUI #2 w/Clomid + Ovidrel Halloween 2015 ~ BFN
    IUI #3 w/Clomid + Ovidrel Thanksgiving 2015 ~ BFP!!
    hb 146 bpm at 7w5d
    1/28/16 ~ began to say goodbye to our beautiful baby at 11w 
    d&c, followed by cytotec
    TTCAL April 2016
    IUI #4 w/Clomid + Ovidrel Apr. 2016 ~ BFN
    IUI #5 w/Clomid + Ovidrel ~ CP
    IUI#6 w/Clomid + Ovidrel ~ BFN
  • pupluv0410pupluv0410 member
    edited June 2016
    The nurse said I am scheduled for an appointment with the doctor (RE), and that he would probably want to do an Ultrasound and Bloodwork that day.  I really did not think that I could have ovulated so early.  I didn't ovulate until day 20 or 21 when I was on Clomid.  It was very discouraging when she said they don't think the Femara will work this cycle, but we keep doing our timed intercourse and I keep doing my OPKs. :(

Can they tell in an Ultrasound if I ovulated already that cycle?
  • Loading the player...
  • Hi. I am sorry you have to be here and that you are having such a rough time currently.  I hope they get things straightened out and that you will not have to be here long.
    Me:33, DH:38 Married: 8/2/2014
    TTC #1 Since: April 2015
    Unexplained Infertility

Cycle 1&2 : Clomid 50mg- BFN
    Cycle 3: Letrozole 2.5mg- BFN
    Cycle 4: Letrozole 5mg- BFN
    Cycle 5: HSG-normal
                  Clomid 100mg+ Estrace- BFN
    Cycle 6: Letrozole 5mg+Trigger shot+IUI+Progestrone- BFN
    Cycle 7: Letrozole 5mg, Cyst found during follicle check
    Cycle 8: Birth control to treat left ovary cyst
    Cycle 9: Letrozole 7.5mg+Trigger shot+IUI+Progesterone- BFN
    Cycle 10: Letrozole 7.5mg, 2 Cysts found during follicle check
    Cycle 11: Clomid 100mg+Estradiol+Trigger shot+IUI+Progesterone- BFN
    Cycle 12: Clomid 100mg- BFN
    Cycle 13-16: Natural attempts while awaiting IVF 
    Cycle 14: IVF-BFN

• @pupluv0410 my RE seems to rely more on bw to determine when O will occur or has occurred. 
    About me:
    /loss mentioned/
    TTC#1 July 2014
    dx: MFI (morphology)
    IUI #1 w/Clomid + Ovidrel Sept. 2015 ~ BFN
    IUI #2 w/Clomid + Ovidrel Halloween 2015 ~ BFN
    IUI #3 w/Clomid + Ovidrel Thanksgiving 2015 ~ BFP!!
    hb 146 bpm at 7w5d
    1/28/16 ~ began to say goodbye to our beautiful baby at 11w 
    d&c, followed by cytotec
    TTCAL April 2016
    IUI #4 w/Clomid + Ovidrel Apr. 2016 ~ BFN
    IUI #5 w/Clomid + Ovidrel ~ CP
    IUI#6 w/Clomid + Ovidrel ~ BFN
  • @hoffmanr7 Thank you ☺
    edited June 2016
    @BrightenMySky They did bloodwork and said my progesterone was low (which I guess means no ovulation), but with 4 follicles growing I don't understand how they can tell that I am not going to ovulate this cycle.
  • Hello & welcome- your situation does seem confusing. I would write down all your questions so you remember to ask the RE directly.
    TTC since May 2013
    Mild PCOS, Compound Heterozygous MTHFR
    No Folic acid/pharmaceuticals/supplements (too many to list- private message me if interested), IVIL infusion
    edited June 2016
    Thank you @lablover78