October 2015 Moms
Options

BF with a biter!

Any tips for bfing a teething baby? My nipples and I would appreciate the help!

Re: BF with a biter!

• Options
    AiramJAiramJ member
    My son is having his first tooth coming through and it already hurts! I tell him 'no' and pull away for a few seconds. I hope he learns what and why!
  • Options
    We've got 6 teeth and I'm dying. One side she bites more than the other. That's the right side. She also dances, flings her head, whips on and off. Killing. Me. The only thing that helps is laying down and letting her lay on my stomach instead of cradling her. The left side she's nice to so we nurse like normal there. When she does bite I usually yell ouch and take her off for a few minutes. I'm not sure she's getting it but gives me time to wipe the tears away!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Mine broke the skin last week.  I yelled and put him down (as I do every time he has bit me) and he actually laughed at me.  My nipple was sore for a few days.  I find myself pulling him off as soon as I notice him slowing down.  Once he's done eating he doesn't get to comfort suck, that's almost always when the bites happen.  So far we have the 2 bottom razor teeth and I think we are working on a top one.  I am dreading the top teeth... then he will really be able to clamp down :'(
    Married:09/27/14 
    Baby N-Born:10/29/15
    Our Angel: EDD: 05/11/17. MC at 6 weeks
    Baby #2- EDD: 07/18/17

• Options
    Kellymom has some good articles on this subject.
  • Options
    My daughter literally thinks its funny. And I almost cry when she does it--it hurts so bad! She has no teeth yet, so I could only imagine what that will feel like! I try to pull her off and tell her "NO" firmly, but she smiles a gummy smile and LAUGHS. I would love some input...researching now!
  • Options
    Ugh happened first time for us yesterday and did it 3 seperate times when latching. I did a firm no and didn't feed her for a few. Hopefully she will learn. It hurt. 
  • Options
    I saw a good post on Kellymom about biters. Mine usually does it at the end, and if I holler it scares us both. : /