July 2015 Moms

Pulling hair

When my LO is tired, she'll pull her hair. She used to just rub her ears. I've tried to get her to stop by pushing her hand out of the way and saying no. Then she'll get mad and fight sleep more. I'm going to start trying to get her to sleep in her crib for naps, and don't want to have a bald baby. Lol. Any suggestions? 

Re: Pulling hair

• edited June 2016
    Mine does this sometimes too. It usually means I've waited too long to put her down. Honestly I just let her do it, I figure it's just a phase and it's not so bad that she's got bald patches. If it really bothers you or if she's been doing it for a long time, maybe try putting her down a tad earlier so she hopefully falls asleep before she starts the hair-pulling sleepy cue? Or you can try giving her a lovey or something to occupy her hands as soon as you spot her doing it.
    Anniversary 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • AKOL0AKOL0 member
    @vineheart137 Thank you for letting me know she isn't alone. Earlier naps don't really work for her. She fights too hard,  for too long. I've also tried a lovey, but she just doesn't cuddle it. She currently has 2 in her crib. Hopefully, like you said, it is a phase. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Mine lo does this too. He doesn't do it to the point of bald spots but I don't like it when he does it. I just recently in the last two weeks got him to nap in his crib which had been amazing for me now I can get stuff done. I do miss the cuddles though. I'd rock him to sleep and put him in his crib. He'd cry for a bit but then go to sleep. Now I can put him in when he's tired and he'll put himself to sleep. It just takes time. But it was worth it. Good luck. 
  • n3na94n3na94 member
    AKOL0 said:
    @vineheart137 Thank you for letting me know she isn't alone. Earlier naps don't really work for her. She fights too hard,  for too long. I've also tried a lovey, but she just doesn't cuddle it. She currently has 2 in her crib. Hopefully, like you said, it is a phase. 
    Hi mama! Have you tried putting music (soothing) while putting her to sleep!? It works for my baby boy and I! 
  • AKOL0AKOL0 member
    @n3na94 Yes. She has a video monitor that we can play music on. It doesn't sooth her. She is just a fussy baby. A lot of times singing will irritate her more. She has my bad sleep genes. Lol. 
  • My son does the same thing when he's tired! Only when he's nursing though, not to the point of bald spots but I do think it's a phase. He used to pinch me when he was over tired lol as long as I don't wind up with a bald baby I just let him do it, he gets mad when I try and stop him.