July 2016 Moms
Options

WTF Wednesday 06/01

Re: WTF Wednesday 06/01

• Options
    Allergies. I thought that was over. 
  • Options
    My husband and I moved a month ago, or so and I have a few boxes of books still to unpack. Last night I dug out all my cookbooks and the four I use most frequently are all molding on the edge. It's so weird and gross. I'm really sad
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    WTF DH getting sick.  I know it technically isn't his fault, but secretly I think he does it to himself a little bit.
    Both of the kids had a stomach bug and fevers over the weekend.  I was the person getting vomited on and doing all the cleaning up after, and yet somehow DH manages to catch it and I didn't.
    He kept saying things like he knew he was going to get sick (before it happened).

I seriously think he stresses out so much about getting sick that he makes himself even more sick.  And he is such a baby every time. I'm so ragey about it right now.
  • Options
    Wtf kid suddenly I'm getting stabby knees and feet hard all day long. Could you just chill the freak out for a little bit! 
  • Options
    Holy exhaustion, Batman. 
    Baby girl is due one month from today. Wish my toddler wanted extra naps too. ;)
  • Options
    I have to collect and refrigerate my urine for the next 24 hours. :|
  • Options
    Today I got some nausea meds from my doctor.  Stupid me decides not to read the side effects till after I took them. (they were free samples so they didn't include all the yellow bright stickers) So, one of the side effects is fatigue, and now I can't hold my eyes open.   But hey, I'm not nauseated. That's something right? 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Today I got some nausea meds from my doctor.  Stupid me decides not to read the side effects till after I took them. (they were free samples so they didn't include all the yellow bright stickers) So, one of the side effects is fatigue, and now I can't hold my eyes open.   But hey, I'm not nauseated. That's something right? 
    What did they end up giving you? I'm on like four or five different anti-nausea meds and man do some of them make you exhausted. 
  • Options
    DataJane said:
    WTF working. Women's lib, it is my humble opinion that you went too far. Working while in the 9th month of pregnancy is too much. If our male co-workers could be pregnant, would the policies be what they are now? Would they work until they pop and then return 6 weeks later? What do you guys think? I'm feeling especially bitter ATM, but I really think if women got men pregnant that parental leave and expectations during pregnancy would be completely different.
    There's a girl who works at our Costco who must be at least 7-8 months pregnant and she does the entry and exit door job, so checking cards when you come in or checking receipts when you leave. I have no idea what her shifts/breaks are and she always has a big smile on her face but I feel so bad for her every time I go there, I cannot imagine have a job at the moment where you have to stand up all day, my body kind of hurts every time I see her. I really want to go yell at their customer service person to get this poor girl a chair. I'm still working full time but I can usually be sitting a lot of the day and I'm still totally over it. So basically, even other people having to work while super pregnant makes me ragey. End rant.
    I have a job where I stand for 8+ hours. It's honestly not too bad as long as I keep moving. Maybe this is the case for her? It's when I sit down at the end of the shift and then stand back up that I really feel it. So no matter how often people tell me to sit for a quick break, I take my breaks standing. 
  • Options
    @thepen15ismighty I feel your pain - my MIL was unemployed when it was summer break for me before my son was born.  She came to the house no less than twice each day, and it more than doubled after DS was born.  Compound that with dealing with her on my own because DH was deployed, and I about went crazy!

So there's this boy. He kinda stole my heart. He calls me "Mom"

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Voted "Mom of the Year" 2012 Sweetpea Mom Awards

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

• Options
    WTF Weather... I went to my car because it looks like rain, my windows are cracked, and I have no umbrella inside. I take two steps out of the building and lo, the skies opened. At least I have an umbrella now.

Also boobs... Can you please stop hurting? It's getting distracting.
  • Options
    joleri23joleri23 member
    edited June 2016
    This is not usually something to WTF over... but WTF fast shipping! I ordered DH's birthday present when I did because it said it would be here between June 7-9 (his birthday is the 9th), and it arrived today. Come on now! That's not even close to 7-9. Way to ruin my surprise.

ETA: It's a grill, so it came in a huge box that says what it is on the outside!
    July BMB Siggy Challenge: Weird Hot Dog Situations
  • Options
    rnyland1rnyland1 member
    edited June 2016
    Gave DS1 some soymilk to try last night since he hated the almond milk. Yeah that didn't work. He got sent home from daycare with a case of mud butt and a horrible diaper rash. Parenting fail right there. There's still other milks we can try but I'm ready to just say eff it and go back to regular milk. Eczema is easier to deal with than mud butt.
  • Options
    LDSJM123 said:
    DataJane said:
    WTF working. Women's lib, it is my humble opinion that you went too far. Working while in the 9th month of pregnancy is too much. If our male co-workers could be pregnant, would the policies be what they are now? Would they work until they pop and then return 6 weeks later? What do you guys think? I'm feeling especially bitter ATM, but I really think if women got men pregnant that parental leave and expectations during pregnancy would be completely different.
    There's a girl who works at our Costco who must be at least 7-8 months pregnant and she does the entry and exit door job, so checking cards when you come in or checking receipts when you leave. I have no idea what her shifts/breaks are and she always has a big smile on her face but I feel so bad for her every time I go there, I cannot imagine have a job at the moment where you have to stand up all day, my body kind of hurts every time I see her. I really want to go yell at their customer service person to get this poor girl a chair. I'm still working full time but I can usually be sitting a lot of the day and I'm still totally over it. So basically, even other people having to work while super pregnant makes me ragey. End rant.
    I have a job where I stand for 8+ hours. It's honestly not too bad as long as I keep moving. Maybe this is the case for her? It's when I sit down at the end of the shift and then stand back up that I really feel it. So no matter how often people tell me to sit for a quick break, I take my breaks standing. 
    I waited tables full time until 38 weeks with DS. Granted I was 24 at the time but I honestly felt fantastic through that pregnancy. I sit all day now and hurt constantly. It's truly use it or lose it and I feel like I never had it to begin with this pregnancy. 
  • Options
    @shanparadise
    I got Diclegis. It worked super fast, even though I ate it with food.  But I'm a little concerned for my drive home.... But some of that tiredness could come from lack of sleep last night.  Who the hell knows anymore. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    My WTF shout out goes out to the veternarians we've been working with for our senior pup who was recently diagnosed with diabetes. At 12am last night, this vet was trying to talk me into $1,800 worth of medical care for an issue I figured wasn't the root of the problem. Turns out a simple blood panel revealed he may have cancer. But she was less than forthcoming and sympathetic so who really knows. She said she'd send the results to our regular vet to review as well. Thank god since I was so confused when I left there. I don't doubt that she could be right, based on my dog's mood and recent response but nothing was CLEAR. I slept about 2 hours last night. Now here we are 1:30pm and I am STILL waiting for a call from our regular vet. Seriously people, I am VERY pregnant. This is my dog. Who messes with people's emotions this way?!?!?! 
  • Options
    @samantha1206 Diclegis is a time released version of Unisom and B6... so it will make you sleepy. But it works great! I'm glad you're getting some relief, for some people it can take weeks to build up and work. 
  • Options
    @TiffRox81 Ugh that's awful! Usually I love vets but not all of them have the best "beside manner." I hope they give you some answers soon!
    July BMB Siggy Challenge: Weird Hot Dog Situations
  • Options
    Nerdchild said:
    DarkCat said:
    I have to collect and refrigerate my urine for the next 24 hours. :|

I don't mean to giggle, but I'm just imagining a big jug in your fridge with 'NOT LEMONADE' scrawled on it. I hope it's nothing too serious. 
    Bahahahahaha :D Nah, it's in medical jug. I'm high risk so unfortunately I have to do tons of testing. I already did this stupid test when I was in the second trimester but now I gotta do it again. 
  • Options
    @shanparadise
    OMG that explains it.  Not sure how I missed that but hopefully sleep will come easy tonight!!! 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    It's pouring rain....and my car is really far away. No umbrella. Going to get soaked. Ah, hell...
  • Options
    sami1784 said:
    @thepen15ismighty I feel your pain - my MIL was unemployed when it was summer break for me before my son was born.  She came to the house no less than twice each day, and it more than doubled after DS was born.  Compound that with dealing with her on my own because DH was deployed, and I about went crazy!
    She just showed up, and I had to tell her we were leaving in 6 mins to go get my car...she told me she was in the area getting gas...she lives 30mins away. Yeah I call bs.

DH 30 Me 29
    Married May 16th 2015
    EDD July 1st 2016
    Pregnancy Ticker

July BMB June Siggy 

• Options
    Wtf hospital cafeteria. I was given all the wrong food for lunch and dinner today. What the point of bothering to send out a menu and order if you're just going to send me whatever you want! Bs! 
  • Options
    Wtf pseudo science doctors taking advantage of people's vulnerability during difficult times. Your expensive fish oil pills and no fruit diet isn't the cure for anything except someone's bank account.
  • Options
    @stellaluna14 oh hell no! Make them go to the laundromat no one has time for that ish! 
  • Options
    Wtf me. My phone flew out of my purse and the screen smashed. I can't even blame my toddler, it was all me
  • Options
    @MurphaLurph  I feel ya. My first preg brain/clumsy moment was putting my phone through my belt instead of in my pocket. New phone has a heck of a case thanks to early screen shattering symptom.
  • Options
    @DachshundMomma there's a fair amount of solid science about the benefits of omega 3 fatty acids and fish oils. 

• Options
    My seedless watermelon had seeds. WTF. These babies are demanding watermelon now, not after I spend ten minutes picking seeds out of it. 
  • Options
    @elenabrent oh I know that and i am all for supplements and a healthy diet. Unfortunately the patients I work with are terminal.