January 2017 Moms
Options

TTGP Grad Check In 5/31

Weekly check-in for those who were regulars on TTGP while trying to conceive. 

How far along are you? EDD?  

How are you feeling? 

R/R/Other:  

Questions:

GTKY - You have $100 and the afternoon off. What do you do?

Me: 28 | DH: 31
Together since 2006 | Married May 2015
TTC #1 since November 2015
BFP 5/17/16 | EDD 1/27/17 | Born 2/4/17

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: TTGP Grad Check In 5/31

• Options
    How far along are you? EDD?  7 weeks 5 days. January 13

How are you feeling? Mostly fine. Having some appetite issues where if I get too hungry, nothing sounds appealing but I desperately need to eat. Also burping a lot, which has been consistent since my BFP. Sometimes I get nervous about my lack of MS but my mom and sister both didn't have it so I am trying to consider myself lucky.

R/R/Other: My first real appointment and ultrasound are on Friday, and tomorrow is our anniversary. Dying for it to be Friday to make sure the little one is ok in there.

Questions: None. I think all I do is read about pregnancy lol 

GTKY - You have $100 and the afternoon off. What do you do? If not pregnant, I would take myself to an outdoor restaurant and order a really good glass of wine and an awesome lunch. Then I'd go to Sephora or Neiman Marcus and treat myself to some luxurious beauty product. If pregnant, subtract the wine :)

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    How far along are you? EDD?  6w3d/ Jan 21

How are you feeling? Today? Like crap. 

R/R/Other:  I have been great up until now with my only issue being consistent cramps (a lot.) I finally figured out that they're less if I eat regularly (imagine that) and occasionally with constipation. But half the time no cause.
    Yesterday I gagged trying to drink my smoothie that I have everyday... and coffee is making my stomach unhappy (I think maybe hot coffee? Going to try cold). I'm hoping I'm just recovering from this last week still... it was bad work/life wise, not pregnancy related. FX I'm better tomorrow. 

Questions: So many. Have you changed your lifestyle? I'm changing very little until my OB sees me (in July)... but I only drink a 4 cup pot of half calf per day anyway, and mostly just am focusing on veggies extra. Not avoiding deli, heard sushi was fine if you go there often and have NEVER had a problem, etc. Am I an odd one out? 

GTKY - You have $100 and the afternoon off. What do you do? My first thought was stay at home and read, and keep the $100... but I really like @Lecool 's answer. I'd likely do the same but drag someone with me. I could find someone... if not I'd go alone. But I like to analyze movies afterward, so another person helps. 
  • Options
    LecoolLecool member
    @cabu14 DO NOT feel weird about participating. We completely support you and want to know what's up with you! I know that telling you to try not to worry is totally unrealistic, so I'll just tell you that I have FX for you really hard for your appointment on Thursday! 

• Options
    How far along are you? EDD?   5wks 5 days, EDD 1/26

How are you feeling? Not many symptoms...boobs hurt like hell and have to wear 2 sports bras when doing any exercise. Tired earlier in the evening. Moody AF...like I have a much less patience, but I don't get angry, just annoyed easily.

R/R/Other:  Today my doctor said I could work out like I used to, just not any harder. So today I went to the gym for the first time since BFP. This last week I've been speed walking, but today I actually did some light strength training after light cardio (keeping HR under 150). During crunches I had a weird cramp in my uterus area, so I stopped immediately and I hope it's ok!  GOOD NEWS: I found out I get my first ultrasound in 3 weeks!!!!! I was initially told first US was at 20wks, but today OB confirmed I get my first in 3 weeks :) So happy.

Questions:  Anyone else get a slight increase in cramps after exercise or sex or anything else strenuous? Just hoping this is normal. No intense cramps and no spotting, but just worried. Also, anyone else walk into Target to get normal things, and then walk into Infants and look at all the wonderful new infant items?!?!?! I can't help it, and I love all the new goodies we need to get :)

GTKY - You have $100 and the afternoon off. What do you do? Full massage and a movie, maybe alone or maybe with SO. I don't often go to movies because to me it's not worth the money for two people to see a movie that we can watch at home in my comfies in a few months. But I enjoy them when I do go!

Me: 30 |  DH: 33
    Married: 8/11/2007

DD: Born 2/3/17
    BFP#2: 5/3, EDD 1/10/19
  • Options
    @mylitta I've cut back caffeine to 1 8oz (with added 4oz hot water to make me think it's more) cup in the morning, then herbal tea throughout the day (maybe a green tea in afternoon if needed) and sometimes a large cup of decaf if I'm feeling like I want it later in the day. All because research...I won't point out all the "facts" they've uncovered, and really...research goes back and forth all the time, so who knows. To each their own. I generally eat healthy anyway, so deli or hot dogs don't affect me other than the once a month subway I can't have now, and i did stop eating sushi, but I had some cali rolls and veggie rolls the other day while eating at a thai place. I'm cutting back on sugar a lot, but that's for my health AND the baby's.

@cabu14 FX for you!!! I know this must be a scary time, and just make sure you're doing self care for you, too. Keep us posted!! We're here for you! The symptoms def. seem like  a good thing!

• Options
    @rosenyc123 I'm with you on no MS. It would be reassuring to have some but i just haven't. Sounds like it's more common than we think. My doctor just said "you're a lucky one." good news for us  guess.

@Mylitta my doctor basically told me caffiene in moderation is ok ideally none But having an equvialent of 1-2 cups/day is safe. 4cups of half caf should be about the same as that..

I wasn't on TTC long but e ough to get to know a couple of you
    How far along are you? EDD?  I am 8 weeks today. My EDD is Jan 10th

How are you feeling? Great! Some mild food aversions but nothing bad. 

R/R/Other:  i don't get to hear my baby's heartbeat until end of june. I'm so scared something isn't right. I just want to hear it to know everything is ok. 

Questions: 

GTKY - You have $100 and the afternoon off. What do you do? Shopping of course! Something i might look ok in while pregnant. 
  • Options
    How far along are you? EDD?  9w1d, January 1

How are you feeling? For the past day or so, mostly fine. M/S cleared up a bit. I'm no longer in Denmark where everything smells like rotting garbage so... significant relief from the smell sensitivity as well.

R/R/Other:  First appointment still not until next week and I don't even know if that includes an ultrasound. I had this weird dream a few nights ago where I saw my ultrasound and a doctor in the dream said, "7 weeks, 6 days." I had this dream at like... 8w5d so of course when I woke up, I was freaked out thinking it was like some sort of dream omen, even though I don't even believe in crap like that. I just really hate that my last pregnancy was a twin pregnancy because the symptoms were all conflated so all I can do is compare the two, and that's not realistic at all (even if it hadn't been twins, I know comparing pregnancies is stupid, but here I am, being stupid). Sometimes it just feels like the universe is trying so hard to push back on the idea of me being a mother. Blegh. 

Questions: Also compiling a list for my OB. I had a colposcopy that led to a cervical biopsy in 2014 so I think the top thing I'm going to ask about is whether I need to be concerned with cervical incompetency.

GTKY - You have $100 and the afternoon off. What do you do? Probably call up my massage therapist and see if she has any last-minute openings, haha. Otherwise, I think I'd go to the grocery store and get all my favorite things to cook with and do that, because I <3 cooking. 
  • Options
    @rosenyc123 I've never heard of anyone describing the thing about getting too hungry and nothing sounding appealing--I've been having that too, it drives OH insane. We usually keep crackers around and if it comes to that, I'll eat a few crackers just so I have enough in my stomach to get past that feeling, but otherwise I end up giving him executive command decision on what we're eating with a few caveats :) Hope your appointment on Friday goes well and seeing your LO is a belated anniversary present for you!

@Mylitta - Switching from hot coffee to cold made a HUGE difference for me with M/S--hope it works for you too.

@cabu14 - Yay for rising numbers! Did they check your progesterone levels too? FX that the ultrasound goes well, but rising hcg is awesome news in the mean time.

@sweetyjenj - So much yes to the mild cramps after sex and exercise. After sex it feels like a pulled muscle sometimes. Drinking a bunch of water seems to calm it down.

• Options
    Back for responses later!

How far along are you? EDD?
      6 weeks/3 days   January 23, '17

How are you feeling?  I'm feeling pretty good. Tired, but not the cray exhaustion yet that everyone talks about. Yesterday and today I think I experienced what were my first bouts of a little bit of nausea, but it wasn't too bad. Each time I just ate some saltines and felt much better--so maybe I was just really hungry? Idk.  I am pretty moody and don't feel like talking to anyone I work with, lol...I just want to hide in my office and sleep.

R/R/Other:   I got coffee with a friend from high school here in town who is 15 weeks pregnant! It was SO awesome to talk to the only other IRL person I know who is pregnant. We had such a good time and I can't wait to see her again.

Questions:  I can't really think of anything at the mo!

GTKY - You have $100 and the afternoon off. What do you do?  Hmmm. I think honestly today--I'd throw the $100 in savings and go home and take a nap. lol. That is how much I want my bed right now!
    Computer Hope
    TTC January 2016
    BFP May 17, 2016
    DS born January 31st, 2017: Rory "Mac" MacKinnon

• Options
    How far along are you? EDD?  8w5d, due 1/6/17

How are you feeling? nauseous and exhausted.

R/R/Other:  I just want to go home and sleep.

Questions: None today.

GTKY - You have $100 and the afternoon off. What do you do? I would keep it in my wallet for a rainy day, and then go home and sleep.

Married 10/4/2014 (10-4, good buddy!)
    Baby Boy #1 born 1/9/17
    Baby Boy #2 EDD 11/4/18
    "It's when you know you're licked before you begin, but you begin anyway and see it through no matter what.  You rarely win, but sometimes you do."  -Atticus Finch, To Kill A Mockingbird

• Options
    katesmama0706katesmama0706 member
    edited June 2016
    @Mylitta I don't feel like I've changed much either. I'm not a deli meat or sushi eater normally but I still enjoy hot dogs, I'm not a coffee drinker but I'm a big pop drinker. I've cut back on sugar some but only because I had to do the 3 hour glucose test last pregnancy (I passed but that was yuck) oh. And I colored my hair yesterday and didn't give it a second thought. Maybe I'm a jilted STM but I figure if something was going to go wrong there isn't anything I could do to stop it from happening so it isn't worth my emotional energy obsessing over everything 

How far along are you? EDD?  8 w +3 

How are you feeling? Mostly okay. I bumped my nip the other day taking off my bra and it was burny and stabby which I've never had before. That was fun *sarcasm* MS is mostly under control but we're going to visit my grandparents, who know, but I don't want to be miserable so hoping it holds out. 

R/R/Other:  I was super craving a breakfast sandwich from Sonic the other morning so I stopped for one and lo and behold it was the wrong thing in my bag. I may have cried. 

Questions:  I don't think I have any... 

GTKY - You have $100 and the afternoon off. What do you do?
    Shop. Oh man. I need new clothes so bad! 

• Options

You guys; I did my pregnancy blood test yesterday because my OB’s office requires “proof” at my first appointment (which isn’t until July 12, but I wanted to get it done.) The results were sent to my family doctor and she called me this morning and said that everything looks GREAT, whatever that means :smile:  It gave me a little bit of peace of mind, since I have to wait 41 more days until my first appointment!

@Lecool I also want a time machine to get out of the first tri, mostly because I don’t see my OB for the first time until the end of it! Hoping the days go by quickly for both of us.

@rosenyc123 I haven’t had any MS yet (knock on wood), and my mom never had it with my brother or me. So, maybe we’re just going to be lucky! Happy early anniversary!

@Mylitta FX you’re better tomorrow as well. I haven’t really changed my lifestyle much. I stopped drinking caffeine and all pop before we started TTC, so that was a big change then, but I’m used to it now.  I am terrible at fruit and veggie intake so I’m trying to add those, but am having trouble with it—I just hate veggies. So, I’m going to get some veggie juice and hope for the best. I wouldn’t worry about not making a whole lot of changes--sometimes I think that the stress many FTMs add when obsessing over things like that can be worse than the actual things, ya know? (I am guilty of that FTM stress sometimes, but am trying to be better about it!)

@cabu14 I am thinking of you and hoping that all goes well at your ultrasound tomorrow. I will be looking for your update! I’m sorry your DH keeps saying things that aren’t helping. I think sometimes they really do try but they just don’t get it, and nothing they say will help from our perspective. Keeping my FX for good news tomorrow!  PS—we love having you here, don't ever worry about participating!

@sweetyjenj  Oh my gosh, how exciting that you get your first ultrasound in 3 weeks, congrats! I haven’t had any increase in cramps after sex/exercise, but I also haven’t exercised as strenuously as I did before my BFP yet. I need to, I know!

@KarliQ88 I understand about wanting to know that everything is ok! Hoping the days go quickly for you.

@canavara Glad you’re getting some relief from the MS and the smell sensitivity. Keeping all my FX for you and your appointment next week!

@gonetothesea I am also in the “I want to go home and sleep club" today. Boo. Feel better!

@katesmama0706 omg, how could Sonic do that to you?!! How rude. Hoping your MS holds off while visiting your grandparents!

Computer Hope
    TTC January 2016
    BFP May 17, 2016

• Options
    @sweetyjenj My doctor actually told us not to have sex for awhile until my cramping subsided because sex can increase cramping. I also find it increases when I exercise, even just go on a walk. It is nothing major but definitely noticeable. I am pretty sure its quite normal, I was told not to worry unless it is very intense. 

@cabu14  I have been thinking of you all weekend, hope the u/s goes well!! 

How far along are you? EDD?  8 w 5 days -- Jan 7 (but the ultrasound tech said she was getting Jan 9 so we shall see, I am sure it will change a lot) 

How are you feeling? I am surprisingly feeling great. I had cramping week 5-6 but it has completely stopped. I have waves of nausea all day but nothing serious. My boobs are always in pain though and my nipples feel so tender... makes sleeping hard! I am less constipated so all in all 8 weeks has been pretty great. 

R/R/Other:  Nothing really... We saw the baby bean Monday and it was amazing. It has a strong heartbeat and the tech felt everything was healthy. So that was really positive. Now that we know the baby is healthy I think we may start buying the odd baby thing, just so it doesn't hit us all at once financially. I felt really lucky that we could have an u/s so early as I know lots of people don't get them until the second trimester. I have a feeling my doctor will send me regularly though... and I am in Canada so it is all free for me!

Questions: Not right now... 

GTKY - You have $100 and the afternoon off. What do you do? I would do patio drinks somewhere downtown and then get a pedicure or massage to pamper myself!

• Options
    @PaukMeKiande Sonic has seriously gotta get their shit together when it comes to pregnant women's orders! And I'd totally go for one of their grilled cheeses right now!
  • Options
    How far along are you? EDD?  7w2d/ 1.16.17

How are you feeling? Mainly just fatigued and irritable.

R/R/Other: I have PGAL mind pretty bad right now. Everything makes me think about loss. I just want to make it to my appointment on Saturday.

Questions: I plan to ask my midwife about required blood tests and when I can get the panorama testing completed. I don't remember having any blood drawn last time and it seems like it's the norm.

GTKY - You have $100 and the afternoon off. What do you do? Buy a book at Barnes and Noble, pick up some Thai, and spend the rest of the day eating and reading in bed.

• Options
    @PaukMeKiande  I am having a HORRIBLE time keeping it a secret. We have told quite a few people, actually, though. The most important group of people to me who don't know yet are my coworkers, other than my boss, and my church family. I love my coworkers (other than the days like today when I just don't want to talk to anyone in general lol) and I REALLY want to tell them, so badly!! We all eat lunch together almost every day and every time we're sitting there together in silence, I just want to yell "I'M PREGANT". I frequently think about doing it, lol. 

I also have a gut instinct that is telling me that--for me personally--it feels counter intuitive to NOT tell everyone I know, regardless of how early it is. I do not like to keep secrets in general and I understand why people wait to tell until the end of the first tri--but I also feel like, if anything happened, I'd really like my coworkers to understand and be there to support me, or to know why I'm missing days at work, etc. I also know that my church family would be a HUGE support to me if anything were to happen. So I go back and forth every day between telling them and not telling them. When I first told my boss, she was like "I'd recommend that you wait to tell others" but I also think that's kind of BS because that's not for everyone.  

So yeah...sorry to turn this into a huge thing but I think about this a LOT and really have a hard time with it!
    Computer Hope
    TTC January 2016
    BFP May 17, 2016

• Options
    @kellybean1988 I totally understand that. The same goes for me when it comes to it being counterproductive. I had a loss in 2011 and went through it completely alone, and I'm not doing that again (if it does happen) which is why I told my immediate family. I need the support and I need it now in the 1st trimester.
    Previously PaukMeKiande
    Surprise BFP/MC February 2011 
    BFP May 16th 2016
    EDD January 25 2017
    DD born January 30 2017
    Surprise BFP/MC April 2017
  • Options
    @kellybean1988 I feel the same way! I told my mother and sister, MIL and SIL just a few days after I found out, only at 4wks lol I just couldn't wait. Husband kind of wanted to wait, but I said that even if we misscarried I'd want them to know for support, so why wait? Same went for a FEW close friends. I chose to tell the people that I would tell either way, since their support would be important, too.  Since I'm a Marriage and Family Therapist, I know my colleagues would be supportive either way, but I don't want them knowing to affect anything at the office (like referrals) so I'm waiting until it's later on or if something comes up where they need to know. I just know i'm not the type to be silent about things, so it's bothering me so bad that I can't just share the good news with everyone!!! The only thing keeping me quiet is I'm so worried that it's really early still and anything can happen, so I won't feel comfortable until my upcoming US. I just want to see the heartbeat SO BAD!

• Options
    @sweetyjenj   - I was in the same boat! It killed me not to tell people for the first while. I heard the heartbeat and had an u/s on Monday so now I think I feel more willing to tell people just because I have had that extra bit of reassurance. I told a couple girlfriends today and they were so happy for me and it felt great to be able to ask for advice etc as they both have kids! 

• Options
    @cabu14 Please don't feel weird contributing. I'm sorry it's going wonky for you. I'll be thinking of you so day tomorrow anxiously awaiting news! 

Thanks for all the responses you guys. I feel should clarify that I don't eat a ton of sushi, and I'll pad the array heavily with cooked, but I don't plan on cutting it out entirely. Also my 4 cup pot equals 2 actual cups of coffee. I clarify only so I don't feel so terrible... it's pretty much for me that I say this. 

@canavara The cold coffee totally worked! I had no issues at all today. I also found that taking smaller drinks through a straw for my smoothie helped. 
  • Options
    LecoolLecool member
    @Mylitta I haven't changed my lifestyle too much. The only thing I've really changed is that I've taken it down a few notches at the gym. As far as diet, I'm a pretty healthy eater in general, so I didn't have to change much there. I think I'm actually a little more relaxed with my diet now. Like, if I want a Chipolte burrito, I'll eat it.

@sweetyjenj I got a little cramp-y while working out last week. It didn't hurt, was just uncomfortable. It went away as quickly as it came. I just took a second to catch my breath and then tried to be really aware of how hard I was working out.

@canavara So glad your MS is getting better! And welcome home!

@katesmama0706 I was getting out of the shower and hit my boob on the glass door and almost started crying because it hurt so bad! I'm glad your MS is finally getting manageable.  

@PaukMeKiande So glad you told your family! That's so great you have all that support. 

It's been surprisingly not that hard to keep it a secret. I kind of like having a secret. I do want to tell my family and have it all be out in the open, and I'm excited to get to that point, but right now I'm okay with keeping it between H and I and a couple close friends (and my gym trainer lol). My family tends to be on the slightly overbearing side. Once they find out, they won't leave me alone for the rest of forever. This is the first baby on both mine and H's sides of the family, so there will be much attention given. This is kind of weird, but I feel like in a way I'm protecting the baby by keeping him/her a secret for a little while longer. Like now he/she can grow and develop without any outside pressure. That sounds ridiculous as I type it, but that's how I'm feeling right now. 

• Options
    @Lecool   Are you still super hungry all the time?! I am now finding that I don't feel queasy except in the mornings when I am basically just starving. Then...I eat a snack every 2 hours or so, and am still starving. What the what.

And the boob thing...oof. I keep accidentally sleeping on my stomach (I sleep in  all kinds of positions but I have to be on my back or side to fall asleep) during the night and when I wake up I'm like MAH BOOOOOOOBS--why do I do that to myself subconsciously?!!? 
    Computer Hope
    TTC January 2016
    BFP May 17, 2016

• Options
    LecoolLecool member
    @kellybean1988 I'm not as ravenous as I was during week 3/4. But I do eat like every 2-3 hours. My stomach also can't handle being full. If it's full, I feel awful. So I eat small meals really frequently, and never feel really "full". I also think that's what's been keeping any MS at bay. Because I feel nauseous and have some gagging, but haven't actually had an urge to throw up. I think having food in my stomach and being super hydrated has been helping...for now at least!

• Options
    LecoolLecool member
    @cabu14 YAY! A million love tits for that! <3

• Options
    Yay! @cabu14 thank goodness!!! FX the good news continues and the spotting stops.

1st BFP 12/12/13 DS born 8/2014
    TFAS March 2016 - BFP 5/19/16!!! EDD: 1/31/17
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    @cabu14   Yay! Isn't it surreal ...yet reassuring too!!

And yes we are super lucky to have all our health care free. The only thing we pay for is like a fancy hospital room but all the basics are covered no matter how complicated! I couldn't imagine worrying about paying for all the tests and appointments and the birth. It seems crazy to me... though we do have high taxes haha

• Options
    @cabu14  omg, I kept checking back yesterday for your update and am SO happy to hear all of this!! yay! So glad your little sweet pea is doing well and is nice and cozy in there :smile:   yaaaay!
    Computer Hope
    TTC January 2016
    BFP May 17, 2016

• Options
    Hey everyone,

Just wanted to say bye and thanks. I just got back from my ultrasound and baby stopped growing about 2 weeks ago. Having a D&C on tuesday. This follows my chemical in March. I don't know why we are so unlucky.

I wish you guys all the best. 
  • Options
    Oh no @rosenyc123 I'm so, so sorry. Please take good care of yourself.
    Previously PaukMeKiande
    Surprise BFP/MC February 2011 
    BFP May 16th 2016
    EDD January 25 2017
    DD born January 30 2017
    Surprise BFP/MC April 2017
  • Options
    @cabu14 YAY!!!!! I'm SO glad for you! I think my fear of loss is enough to keep me from telling more than just my few closest friends. I've only told those that I know would be good support if something went wrong. Otherwise I'm fine keeping it to myself for another 3 weeks until our ultrasound. And then the whole world will know!!!

Today we went to a few garage sales (i like to go and get good deals I can resell on ebay...) and of COURSE I found some REALLY good deals on baby things. I'm picky on what I buy used, so we only got a high quality newer bouncer, a bunch of SUPER cute and brand new looking baby/child books. We found so many good children's book in perfect condition. And a like-new wipe warmer, the same one I put on my amazon registry! Also, because baby is due in the winter and we live in Minnesota, there was a brand new JJ Cole car seat cover that I love, and we got it for $5! I checked it out, smelled it, all great. It's so hard to not go crazy and buy a bunch of things, but I know we'll get a lot at baby shower and I want to wait to get most of our things until I know the gender. But it was fun getting a few things.

• Options
    cabu14cabu14 member
    @rosenyc123 I'm so sorry :( you will be in my thoughts.  

Me: 31 | Husband: 32
    Married: September 2014!
    TTC #1: January 2016 BFP 5/16/16 Quinn Born 1/27/17 

• Options
    @rosenyc123 Ugh, I'm sorry :( Sending good healing vibes your way.
  • Options
    @rosenyc123 I'm so sorry to hear you are going through this! 

• Options
    LecoolLecool member
    @rosenyc123 I'm so sorry. Take care of yourself <3

• Options
    @rosenyc123 I'm so sorry
  • Options
    @rosenyc123  I just saw this; I am so sorry for your loss. I am thinking of you.
    Computer Hope
    TTC January 2016
    BFP May 17, 2016