May 2016 Moms
Options

Father's Day Gifts

Help! What are getting your baby daddy for Father's Day? 
I already paid for DH to have DD's footprint tattooed on his foot, but I need to find something for our dads who are both first time grandfathers. 
Me: 31 | DH: 33
DD: 05/14/16
Baby #2 EDD: 12/23/19

Re: Father's Day Gifts

• Options
    yogahhyogahh member
    I am playing photographer and (hoping) to get a good pick of LO wearing this football outfit. We will get it framed, and take daddy out for brunch.

https://www.etsy.com/transaction/1142572895

cat fail animated GIF

• Options
    LemmyRNLemmyRN member
    That is a great idea @yogahh
    Stealing it for sure! I'm totally clueless as to what else to get DH, so I'm going to stalk this thread regularly. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I'm getting some pictures we had taken printed and framed for DH to take into work for his desk. I've also been browsing Etsy for something else to add and then we plan on going out for breakfast/brunch that day and maybe going over to my dad's so all the dads and grandpas can hang out.
  • Options
    I got the following onesie from etsy... planning to take some pics before hand and get it framed, LO will also wear it day off. I also made reservations for a buffet brunch... he's gonna love it! :)

https://www.etsy.com/listing/289984087/fathers-day-outfit-onesie-and-headband
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Crap, forgot about the grandpas. My dad's bday was a couple weeks ago and I gave him a pic of the girls from the newborn photo shoot. My FIL's  bday is a week after father's day so I better come up with some ideas. Probably take them out to dinner. There's nothing that they need and they'd both enjoy the time with us. I did take a pic of my husband and his brother with our girls and our nephews yesterday. Maybe I can touch that up and print that up. As far as a gift for my husband, I got him tickets to a baseball game so he and DD1 can go. Those are going to be from her. 
  • Options
    eaoreareaorear member
    edited June 2016
    @Kennedy0830 I'm going with an air compressor, so no judgment on lameness! It's what they want!!
    edit: typing is hard
  • Options
    yogahhyogahh member
    ncm0328 said:
    @Kennedy0830 I don't think that's lame at all! DH and I give gifts like that too lol. 

As for DH, he deploys for 8 months in just a few short weeks and can't skype with us to see the baby (we get email communication every few days and a phone call if we are lucky MAYBE once a month) so I got DH a 2 in 1 tablet with USB ports. This way in his monthly care packages I can mail him videos and pics of DD and put them onto a flash drive and he can plug them into his tablet without needing internet access and can view pics and watch videos whenever he wants over and over again. 
    Sending you t&p! This must be such a difficult time for you and your family. Please thank your dh for me for his service. 

cat fail animated GIF

• Options
    @ncm0328 You are amazing. I want to cry thinking of my DH maybe going back in to work next week. Puts things into perspective. 

I love your video idea though - I am sure your DH will love those care packages even more now :)

• Options
    Often, we'll do a big tool of some sort as a gift, but this year it's a toy of sorts. DH is getting an Arduino  Uno and Raspberry Pi to tool around with and to teach/play with programming and hardware with DS. I'm sure at some point our TV will end up being hijacked as a huge monitor. I also got him the Darth Vader and Son book to read with the boys. It's going to be a nerdtastic Father's Day here.
  • Options
    @yogahh @Charissadeats thanks ladies! Definitely going to be darn near impossibly tough to see him go again not looking forward to it.
  • Options
    tgortneytgortney member
    edited June 2016

DH is a huge baseball fan. I got a custom baseball with LO's name on it. After I put his foot print on it, it's going into a glass baseball holder case so he can put it on his desk at work :)

and one of the scenes we did for a newborn portrait was baseball themed, we're getting it printed and I'm going to get it framed as part of his gift.
  • Options
    DH isn't into sentimental stuff, as much as I wish he was... so I'm just going to get him a picnic basket full of chocolates from his home country. I know he'll love it. I need to order them soon though since the shipping can take awhile!
  • Options
    I ordered DH a shirt a while back that came with a matching onesie. The onesie says, "plays with cars" and the shirt says, "still plays with cars." They're so cute. I also just recently ordered DH and Thor matching ninja turtle crochet hats. :) I just need to get him a card.

Me: 31

DH: 29, SA - Great

Married: June 12,2011

TTC #1: 1/2014

Diagnosis: Hypothalamic Amenorrhea

Treatment: Clomid:  50mg, 100mg, 150mg - not successful and not monitored

Menopur 75ml (upped to 112.5ml), Ovidrel, & IUI  IUI #1 8/31/2015

9/15/2015: BFP HCG - 400, 9/17/2015: HCG - 827, 9/21/2015 - HCG 3,327!
    Heartbeat 10/2/2015: 118bpm
    DS: 5/27/2016

TTC# 2: 12/2017
    BFP: 4/20/2018
    EDD: 12/29/2018
  • Options
    @tgortney love those :smile: my husband works for Rawlings so his boss made him some cute mini bats with LO's "stats" on them. Can't go wrong with baseball gifts!
  • Options
    @tgortney love those :smile: my husband works for Rawlings so his boss made him some cute mini bats with LO's "stats" on them. Can't go wrong with baseball gifts!
    DH's family is really into baseball, they're huge Braves fans and of course, we have a ton of baseball themed baby clothes. Me? Not so much into the sport, I find boring lol but I deal with it because I love him ;) can't wait to be a "baseball mom". I mean, we even named our son Easton! (Which was a name I picked out before I knew it was baseball related)

But I love the mini bats with stats, how cute!