June 2016 Moms
Options

Torn between encouraging and discouraging labor

I'll be 38 weeks tomorrow. I've felt crummy since Saturday, and last night I had about an hour of painful, but mostly random, contractions. Today I get a tone of BH whenever I move too much. 

I'm so ready to have this baby! But at the same time there is so much I planed to get done first. it's my son's last week of preschool, and my house is a mess, haha. 

I know baby will come when she wants, but I'm so torn between trying to keep moving and get these contractions going stronger, or resting and praying for one more week. This is my third, I should be used to the unpredictability of it all by now! Anyone else going a little crazy not being able to plan ahead? 
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker  

BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Torn between encouraging and discouraging labor

• Options
    SMLmomSMLmom member
    Mee!  I think I'm more in the "wanting baby to stay put so I can rest" boat but at the same time, I sure am looking forward to not being pregnant.  I finish work this Friday and my daughter will still be in daycare most days this month so I'd appreciate a bit of pre-baby rest.  Last time my daughter was 2 weeks late so I'm familiar with the annoyances of being very pregnant and playing the waiting game and that's no picnic either.  Good luck!
  • Options
    Yes! My husband has to go out of town for training the 5-19 and I have no way whatsoever to contact him during the day. I'm freaking out because this past weekend was our last weekend to do anything, and of course I was in too much pain to do anything and the weekend flew by us without finishing prepping.  I'm so scared to be alone going into labor and not being able to get a hold of my husband. He said when he gets to training there's a guard desk that should have a landline phone and he's going to hopefully get that number so I can call it if I need him. I wish I could just hold this baby in until the 20 when I know he'll be home, but knowing my luck he'll come early while my husband is gone. 
    Pregnancy Ticker 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    RMLandyRMLandy member
    I'm in the same boat! Every day I think "Ill walk more today" to try to get it going but then think of a reason I want more time and end up "resting" instead! 
  • Options
    Yes! I'm so ready to be done, but I know what's to come. I remember this feeling last time then when DS came out I wanted to put him back in. Lol So I'm trying to enjoy the calm before she gets here. I still need to clean some stuff around the house and pack the rest of my hospital bag. I'm not due till the end of June.

Married 6/18/2009

TTC since 10/2010-BFP 12/23/2011

Baby 2.0 BFP 10/16/2015

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Yes I totally get it.. I'm almost 38.5 weeks and dilated to a 4 so I'm sure I could help things along if I wanted. But my DS is out of school for two weeks and I'm trying to get lots of alone time with him before baby. And also we have a maid coming to deep clean next week so I don't want her to come home to a dirty house lol 
  • Options
    NLewis1NLewis1 member
    I'm in this boat too! I'm 39 weeks tomorrow, which also happens to be the day we close on the business (hello massive debt! Haha), plus we are doing a big dinner to celebrate the purchase. I'm SO tired of being pregnant and miserable but I also need to get through at least tomorrow night! But I've been feeling torn like this for about a week and a half now
    Mrs. H
    Crohn's Dx: August 2008
    Endometriosis Dx: May 2010
    Married: 05/19/2012
    TTC #1: June 2013
    BFP: December 2013
    DS: Born 08/29/2014
    TTC #2: July 2015

BFP #2: September 25, 2015

• Options
    I will be 37 weeks tomorrow and I have started hoping that at every appointment they will tell me it is time. I'm ready to be done with the gestational diabetes and the horrific SPD that is crippling. But I also want baby to come as naturally (and ready) as possible. I think I'm hopeful my body will just start the labor process because I really want to avoid an induction and the potential for the cascade of interventions. Soooo I want baby to come but I don't want to force it to come. I keep thinking in my mind "I can last three more weeks" but we will see. I just told my husband I'm going to make it a point to not complain any more. I think the more I fixate on how uncomfortable I am, the worse it feels. 
  • Options
    It's a catch 22. If you move around to clean and do everything you need, you have contractions and may go into labor. If you sit and relax then you won't have as many contractions, but you won't get it all done either. 

• Options
    RMLandyRMLandy member
    I agree with that theory @June2016BabyW ! I stopped talking about how "ready" I am when people ask and instead say "I'm doing great!" Or "just being patient, she will come when she is ready!" And I think I've started to believe it myself??? I guess there's something to "fake it till you make it." 
  • Options
    It's a catch 22. If you move around to clean and do everything you need, you have contractions and may go into labor. If you sit and relax then you won't have as many contractions, but you won't get it all done either. 
    That's how I'm feeling today. I want to get everything done, but it's so uncomfortable to do it, if rather read books with my kids, lol. I did get the kids closet mostly cleaned up.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    mno918mno918 member
    This is my first and I am feeling more and more like this every day!

Also, I very rarely post on here, but I just have to say how amazing and supportive you ladies are towards each other. I've seen people get really nasty very quickly on other boards when mom's post about feeling ready before 39/40 weeks.  
  • Options
    The way I see it is if the baby comes as the result of a clean house, then that's totally a win-win.
    Good point  :p

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    xc1148xc1148 member
    Nope lol. I know I'm so in the minority on this.

I am fairly comfortable and I really hate the uncertainty, but I just feel like I'm not ready haha. Plus I get two weeks pre-maternity leave and I'd like at least a full week of pool/sleep time with my daughter before the craziness begins. Also I'm scared of labor....either it being long or not going right. I guess I'm more scared than uncomfortable lol.
    TTC since June 2011
    DH: perfect SA
    Me: 30, moderate endo, unexplained infertility
    IUI or IVF in December

• Options
    cmj88cmj88 member
    I am the same way! Im 37w4d with my first and I am stuck between just wanting her out since I've gotten so uncomfortable and also wanting her to stay put so we get some more done around the house (we just moved in April). It changes from hour to hour depending on my mood. Everytime I clean the house and go food shopping I think, ok baby - now would be a good time to come! I also have a hair appointment next Monday so I'm really hoping I can get that done bc lord knows if I don't it'll probably be 3 months before I get around to it. I also wanted to get a mani/pedi beforehand...ha, priorities. Wish we just knew the exact day they were coming!
  • Options
    Tawny87Tawny87 member
    Just did some cleaning hopefully that will get something going. I had contractions last evening that stopped when I went to bed. I am 39+2 and am going to ask her to strip my membranes at my appt tomorrow. My hubby goes out of town on the 19th so I need this baby out like now.
  • Options
    Because of his PUVs/hydronephrosis we want this baby to stay in as long as possible so his lungs are in really great shape, and obviously a healthy baby is the most important thing. I will be honest, though, since we know we are looking at surgery and an extended hospital stay for him regardless, there is a tiny part of me that would be just the barest bit relieved if I showed up for my appointment today and the OB said it was time to get him out. Between the groin pain, the exhaustion, the Braxton Hicks and the baby's repeated violent kicking of the same spot over and over again, I am so much more miserable than I was at 37 weeks with my first baby. I'm not going to be gnawing any pineapple cores or taking any long walks to get Thai food, though.
    CafeMom Tickers

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    xc1148xc1148 member
    @Rosehip15  "credit for time served" LOVE IT! 
    TTC since June 2011
    DH: perfect SA
    Me: 30, moderate endo, unexplained infertility
    IUI or IVF in December

• Options
    Well I decided to break out the pump tonight, dr told me I could at my last visit a week ago, and see if I can get something rolling. I had a good 7oclock hour with quite a few contractions but they have petered out : (.
  • Options
    I'm so with you. I just hit 38 weeks and I want my baby already! But I know it's better if he cooks a little bit longer... But I want my baby!
    BabyFetus Ticker

• Options
    So much yes to this thread!  I have two online courses that don't end until the 11th. I'm due the 4th. Don't ask what my crazy ass was thinking when I scheduled them, a form of denial about being pregnant.  I also applied for a different position at work and the hiring manager said I'd know by mid week LAST week his choice, well the fucker went out of town last Wednesday, and wasn't back today,  so I'm still waiting to hear his decision. At this point I don't even care if I get it, I just want to know yes or no because I can't make other decisions without that info!  
  • Options
    I am very torn between "get this tiny human out!" and "noooo I want to keep him inside forever!!!". I'm as prepared as can be, but just don't quite feel ready for him to be here. And at the same time my body hurts so bad and I just want it to end lol. Apparently I must want him to stay in more though because I've done nothing to encourage labor and in no way want an induction (unless medically necessary).
    Married to my best friend for 9 years / together 17 years
    Expecting our first child together after 9 years of infertility
    Our son: Aiden James - Due June 8th, 2016
  • Options
    I met with my doctor and she said it's better to have this baby soon, than to wait past the due date. (I'm still in the 38th week.) So encouraging baby to come it is!
    BabyFetus Ticker

• Options
    My husband is a packrat.. i had a great burst of nesting energy & got a lot of stuff accomplished. It was great but now there's all this "big stuff" to get done that requires assistance & i'm so frustrated with him.... he just started a new job a few months ago and is working constantly. They offered him a promotion & agreed to wait till the baby came to start his training process! This should be great news! I'm very proud of him & appreciate  his hard work but all my hard work feels unfinished because he hasn't had time to go through the things i know he would be upset with me if i just threw out & he's never here long enough to help me move furnature where i want it and things like that.... so i want baby to stay put till it gets done but i'm starting to get pretty miserable in this heat... but then again, this is my 3rd and we don't plan to have more. I love being pregnant most of the time. It makes me sad to think this is the last few days i wiĺl prob ever get to be pregnant... very torn! Plus i'm due the 7th (tues) but Sat(4th) was his father's Birthday so it would be so cool to have him come then! I really can't decide if i should go about my nesting and give into my horny-ness or just chill & kick my feet up and see what happens and when....
  • Options
    I think I've decide that as of Sunday I'll be up for trying to move things along (which probably won't actually result in anything , haha). Tomorrow I have dinner with friends, Saturday I have a friend's baby shower, kids class party, and our block party. Once I'm done with all that this girl can show up as fast as possible! 

Pluss i got my bathrooms and kitchen cleaned, so my house is no longer a total disaster ;)

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I'll be 40 weeks on Saturday and had my 40 appt yesterday where we talked about all my options with the midwife.  So the plan is on Tuesday I'll have my massage therapist come give me on of her awesome inducing acupressure treatments, Wednesday we will try a sweep and until then it's lots of sex, yoga balls and walking.  Come on little one!!!!!!