1st Trimester

Preseed

Hello!  I am actually still trying to get pregnant and just wanted to see if anyone here used Preseed and thought it may have helped them conceive.  If so, how often did you use it?  Thank you! 

Re: Preseed

• ShallowSeasShallowSeas member
    edited May 2016
    Preseed is sperm-friendly lube and nothing more.  The only way it will help aid in conceiving is if you do not make enough EWCM on your own.  I have used it a few times while TTC.  It didn't help me get pregnant since it's just lube. It just made sex more comfortable.  I got pregnant on a cycle where I didn't use Preseed at all.

If you don't produce EWCM or tend to be more dry, then Preseed is perfect since it won't kill or slow down sperm like regular lube.  If you don't have problems with dryness, then Preseed won't have much benefit to you.  I will add that if you chose to use it, a little goes A LONG way. 
    Me: 31 | H: 32
    Married September 2014
    TTC #1 December 2014
    RE appt 12/2015
    CD3 labs normal | HSG 1/8/16 clear | H's SA excellent
    Dx: Unexplained Infertility
    February 2016, cycle 16 - cycle #1 with Letrozole 5mg + TI | Progesterone=20.6
    BFP 2/24/16 - EDD 11/7/16
    It's a girl!
    Isla Quinn born 10/29/16 at 38w5d via C/S
    --------
    TFAS March 2018
    RE consultation 8/2/18
    Suprise! BFP 8/8/18 natural cycle | EDD 4/19/19
    It's a girl!
    Afton Noelle born 4/10/19 at 38w5d via natural VBAC
  • VastraVastra member
    edited May 2016
    Hi @mla121 ! I responded to your thread on the TTC board, but there were a lot of replies there. I did use Preseed, just one month, and it seemed to be a contributing factor! I only used it during my FW. I don't think there would be any point using it at any other time; you'd just waste it. Definitely use the applicator, and don't feel like you need to use the full amount. As stated in the directions, you can apply it up to 15 minutes before you start. I didn't wait that long. I don't think it really matters. But if you do need to use a lube, definitely use PS and not a regular one; they inhibit motility and aren't specially made to be conception-friendly. Hope this helped! 
    Married: 2011
    TTC #1: 3/2016
    Me 39 - DH 44
    BFP 5/27/16 EDD 1/30/17
    DD born 2/3/17
  • Loading the player...
  • mla121mla121 member
    @Vastra
    Thank you so much!!!
  • ecwkecwk member
    I used it during my FW and got pregnant. Correlation doesn't mean causation but I do think in my case it helped. A little does go a long way as a PP mentioned! 

August '18 April Siggy Challenge: April Showers

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Considering how easily I got pregnant in the past and how much I struggled to get pregnant this last year, my doctor assumed that stress (from actively trying to get pregnant) and having sex on command for reproductive purposes only (all work and no play) were contributing factors to us not getting pregnant. The preseed definitely helped with that. It felt better for both of us and we were able to relax more and enjoy it. I was also having almost zero EWCM (due to stress) so I'm assuming that helped with that problem as well. We used it every time we had sex during my fertile window in January, got pregnant on our first cycle post-D&C, and I am now 21 weeks pregnant. Good luck!!

E will be 18 on July 24th
    Z was born October 16, 2016
    #3 Due October 9, 2018

MC - November 29, 2012
    CP - November 15, 2014
    D&C for MMC - October 13, 2015

• absolutely! I got my first BFP 3 weeks after my very first cycle using preseed, after trying for 3 months! I would definitely recommend. And folic acid! 
  • We've been using it for a year, and I've had two chemicals. I like the feel of it, but I think it's all hype and doesn't actually help anything. I think you hear a lot of success stories just because the ones using it are actively trying for a baby. It's worth a shot though since it's sperm friendly. Good luck!
  • Husband and I switched to a brand called Good Clean Love which claims to be 'fertility friendly' and sure enough got pregnant the next cycle.  But I hesitate to say it's BECAUSE of the change in lube, based on our age and charting and etc we had a pretty decent chance of getting pregnant any given month anyhow.
  • I don't think it helps you get pregnant but rather is just a sperm-friendly lube.  My first cycle I had sex every day in my fertile window leading up to ovulation day, including ovulation day and after, and no baby.  I was using a regular water-based lube (bad, bad, bad! haha)  Second cycle we used Preseed, no sex on ovulation day but plenty the days leading up to it and bam!  BFP!  I don't think it helped but more so just made sure the lube didn't kill the sperm.  Not conceiving on the first cycle could have been for plenty of different reasons though.

When doing my research I never saw it as a product that would help me get pregnant but rather saw it for what it was, a fertility-friendly lubricant.   
    Me: 29 DH: 31 SS: 12
    Met: 08/2001 Dating: 07/2004 ~ Engaged: 11/2009 ~ Married: 06/2011
    TTC: Since 09/16 ~ BFP 10/28/16 ~ EDD 7/5/17
    Team Pink * Canadian Bumpie
  • I will say that when I checked out the charts on fertility friend's gallery, filtering for "used sperm-friendly lubricant" tended to drastically increase the proportion of pregnancy charts. 5-10% depending on my other search filters.