June 2016 Moms

Upper Back Rib Pains?

Has anyone else been getting pains in their upper ribs in their backs? I had been getting one from time to time when she would kick in my ribs that would sort of transfer to the back. But the past few days i have been getting it on both sides, just below my shoulder blades. It feels like someone is stabbing a knife between my ribs. I have a chronic pain illness, I got SPD at like 18 weeks, ive been through the ringer of pain, and this is a lot even for me. Tylenol doesn't even budge the pain. Ive tried to stretch out the spot and occasionally i can get it to feel a touch better but nothing much. Anyone else experience this??

I have the midwife early today but I think I need to move the appointment as we are still waiting on test results from saturday's BP hospital visit, so i am not sure if i will or wont be seeing her today. So much of my pain relief stuff is packed in the hospital bag which is already in the car >.<

Re: Upper Back Rib Pains?

• ^that.  
    I'm really confused as to why you store pain meds in the car.  That's something that deserves to be on a list of stuff to grab last minute as you run out the door, not something packed away early on.  Plus don't meds usually have certain temps they're supposed to be kept within (usually around room temp)?  Cars can have really radical temp swings so storing meds in the car for any prolonged period of time seems like a bad idea to me. 
  • Loading the player...
  • edited May 2016
    GinnyJ2012 
    GoldenmamaJ By ''pain relief stuff'' i meant my heating pads and bottle of bio-freeze. Not actual medications. Those are all next to my bed in a ziplock written on the ''things to grab last miniute'' list located next to the front door.
  • I have the same pain and ive found if i put my hands above my head i can stretch it out and have some relief. I also bend and lay my chest on the bed and let my tummy dangle- sounds wierd- but it moves her away from pressing on anything for awhile. Worth a try! 
  • GinnyJ2012 That may be easy for you to say but i am not very mobile right now. Walking out to the car is actually very difficult for me. They were in the car because i had a hospital visit this weekend and only the necessities like my bag of pills, pillows, etc, were taken back inside when we arrived home in the middle of the night

That being said. I am getting induced today. So feel free to further ignore this thread.
  • kwife15kwife15 member
    GinnyJ2012 That may be easy for you to say but i am not very mobile right now. Walking out to the car is actually very difficult for me. They were in the car because i had a hospital visit this weekend and only the necessities like my bag of pills, pillows, etc, were taken back inside when we arrived home in the middle of the night

That being said. I am getting induced today. So feel free to further ignore this thread.
    Even more so the reason to not leave your comfort stuff in the car. Good luck with the induction!